PAmbiant watchface

This is my first watchface with Notepad++ and GIMP.

Main goal is to immitate as pixel perfect as possible the ambiant mode present in the newer Android 7.1.1 watches.

The CollinsFamilly one has been a great jumpstarter for me but is has some small flaws (yeah… I have OCD for some things) :

• Hands are not the same lenght as the ambiant one.
  • Sharpness is not as good compared to the ambiant one
  • Seconds hands is not present.

So I tried my best to fix those differences, starting with a blank xml file and screenshots from the ambiant mode (hardest thing to accomplish since regular screenshots does not take into account the ambiant mode). This has been a fun little Learning experience so far.

The next step would be to integrate weather and stepcount, but I would have to either find the exact same font as the ambiant one or recreate the one from the screenshots I have…

Download link : drive.google.com/file/d/10lpNmh8aBsW4VbQTZsBlPmolp1DSMwGP/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit: Red battery line is at 15%, at the position where power saving activates (at least in my configuration).

1 Like
Jan 13, 2019 15:51:02 GMT 1 krapulant said:

Main goal is to immitate as pixel perfect as possible the ambiant mode present in the newer Android 7.1.1 watches.

The CollinsFamilly one has been a great jumpstarter for me but is has some small flaws (yeah… I have OCD for some things) :

So I tried my best to fix those differences, starting with a blank xml file and screenshots from the ambiant mode (hardest thing to accomplish since regular screenshots does not take into account the ambiant mode). This has been a fun little Learning experience so far.

The next step would be to integrate weather and stepcount, but I would have to either find the exact same font as the ambiant one or recreate the one from the screenshots I have…

Download link : 1drv.ms/f/s!AkozvohcWKOEmelIKxqYJ9ARqBbALA

Hi . Link doesnt work

Jan 13, 2019 20:55:51 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Jan 13, 2019 15:51:02 GMT 1 krapulant said:

Download link : 1drv.ms/f/s!AkozvohcWKOEmelIKxqYJ9ARqBbALA

Hi . Link doesnt work

I think it’s fixed now. Thanks! :blush:

Works great on Universal Launcher! Great work!

Jan 29, 2019 1:08:15 GMT 1 soontobemember said:
Works great on Universal Launcher! Great work!

Thanks. I’m working on some other options to show.

I have added a few options.

To be added is digital time, date, etc. top part is reserved for this.

Things that I haven’t fixed yet… why are the zeros showing while i have an empty image available for display? Anybody can cue what I did wrong?

Here is my version 2

preview

drive.google.com/open?id=1J9fZefQmUmLPZZPqAOp_NlPo9GXhFa_r

Feb 8, 2019 3:42:08 GMT krapulant said:
I have added a few options.

To be added is digital time, date, etc. top part is reserved for this.

Things that I haven’t fixed yet… why are the zeros showing while i have an empty image available for display? Anybody can cue what I did wrong?

Here is my version 2

preview

drive.google.com/open?id=1J9fZefQmUmLPZZPqAOp_NlPo9GXhFa_r

You using wfd ?

Nope. I’m using Notepad++ with Illustrator and Photoshop. I like to learn the hard way. :joy:

Feb 8, 2019 11:59:22 GMT krapulant said:
Nope. I'm using Notepad++ with Illustrator and Photoshop. I like to learn the hard way. 😂

Smartwatch ticks tried to persuade me to hard code lol . Maybe one day 😀

Can the link be reloaded again?

Moved to lost round faces.

1 Like