Ourtime X01s

Ourtime XS01 quick review:

Hey guys and girls, 

Just wanted to give you a quick overview of the Ourtime X01S watch i got for 80$ on Gearbest last week. I am not gonna bore you with too many details and i’ll try to be concise. So, here we go:

Specs:

Ourtime X01S Android 5.1 1.54 inch 3G Smartwatch Phone MTK6572 1.3GHz Dual Core 1GB RAM 8GB ROM Waterproof GPS Gravity Sensor Pedometer

Parameters:

Display: 1.54 inch IPS screen

CPU: MTK6572 Dual Core 1.3GHz

System: Android 5.1

RAM+ROM: 1GB + 8GB

Bluetooth: V4.0

Camera: 2.0MP

SIM type: Micro SIM

Feature: GPS, Gravity sensor, Message, Calendar, Waterproof (IP67), Heart rate measurement

Network:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

WCDMA: 2100MHz

-Built quality: 4/5 Bezel is metal and the feel is fantastic. The screen glass can get a bit smudgy and the leather bands are nice but nothing to get excited about. 

-Looks: 3.5\5 This watch looks great but… You need to have big wrists to wear this! It’s huge and manly. The look is classy and modern, friends who saw me wearing that watch were impressed.

-Performance: 3.7\5 Watch performs pretty good and opening apps or scrolling down the menus is a breeze. All extended settings in Android are accessible due to the square design and most Android settings can be accessed like you would on a normal Android phone. But… NO MEDIA VOLUME… Keep that in mind. Also, the overall sound of this watch through the speaker is pretty low, even in Outdoor mode. On Bluetooth, the sound is good, so better have your Bluetooth headset close by. I used a Volume Booster app to achieve slightly better results.

Battery life: 3/5 It’s kind of a mixed bag here… I got 12 hours of battery life in general with a few calls and check of notifications and i was once able to get 16 hours easily on a day with less activity. The watch had 2 occasions where it was at 30% and suddenly went down to 0% in 2 min. 

-GPS: GPS works fine outdoor, i was able to go running with it a few times and the GPS was pretty good and stable on most occasions. You should wait until you get a full signal before starting your activity though. You can use GPS Data app in order to validate signal strenght before you head out for your favorite activity.

-External Storage: 4/5 I was able to add a 32 GB SD CARD in the watch and load it with music. This is on top of the already available 8 gb (5.6 gb  after OS and apps installed)

-Software: 5/5 The Android implementation is solid. The best i have seen so far (if you like close to stock Android experience). Most basic apps are there and work well. I am thinking SMS, Contact and Schedule for instance which will work with Exchange natively…

So, all in all, a solid value for the money if you are not afraid of it’s size!

Hope you found this review useful

Regards,

Max

Attachments:

Thank you for your quick review. I´m total into round watches, but this looks really good. And there are no classy round ones with camera.

I´m curious about your battery review.

Hey Chromax,

Well, you can always go for the Lemfo Lem3 or the Kingwear KW88. Both have cameras built-in and have a round form factor.

Regarding battery review of the Ourtime X01s, apparently i am not the only one having issues at the 30%-40% mark. I have seen other users reporting this on other forums (smartwatch ticks youtube channel mainly…).

I’m hoping i won’t run through this issue again. So far, today, the watch has been holding off pretty good…

Crossing my fingers

Max

Alguien sabe como instalarle nuevas caras a este reloj?

Great review! Thanks for sharing.

Have you had any success rooting & possibly loading Xposed Framework the X01s?

I’m interested in getting the watch. I was hoping to root the smartwatch & install xposed + amplify to help extend / maximize battery life.

Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jun 15, 2017 6:15:47 GMT 1 jk55 said:
Great review! Thanks for sharing.

Have you had any success rooting & possibly loading Xposed Framework the X01s?

I’m interested in getting the watch. I was hoping to root the smartwatch & install xposed + amplify to help extend / maximize battery life.

Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Wondershares trial of MobileGo has a one-click root that works, sadly no xposed or twrp as of this writing, P.S there is a new model called “Ourtime X01 AIR” which appears to be the same as the old one? would be great if anyone who has one could verify if it’s the same, they sure do make the model names confusing to memorize

Nov 23, 2016 4:08:13 GMT 1 miroul said:
Ourtime XS01 quick review:

Hey guys and girls,

Just wanted to give you a quick overview of the Ourtime X01S watch i got for 80$ on Gearbest last week. I am not gonna bore you with too many details and i’ll try to be concise. So, here we go:

Specs:

Ourtime X01S Android 5.1 1.54 inch 3G Smartwatch Phone MTK6572 1.3GHz Dual Core 1GB RAM 8GB ROM Waterproof GPS Gravity Sensor Pedometer

Parameters:

Display: 1.54 inch IPS screen

CPU: MTK6572 Dual Core 1.3GHz

System: Android 5.1

RAM+ROM: 1GB + 8GB

Bluetooth: V4.0

Camera: 2.0MP

SIM type: Micro SIM

Feature: GPS, Gravity sensor, Message, Calendar, Waterproof (IP67), Heart rate measurement

Network:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

WCDMA: 2100MHz

-Built quality: 4/5 Bezel is metal and the feel is fantastic. The screen glass can get a bit smudgy and the leather bands are nice but nothing to get excited about.

-Looks: 3.5\5 This watch looks great but… You need to have big wrists to wear this! It’s huge and manly. The look is classy and modern, friends who saw me wearing that watch were impressed.

-Performance: 3.7\5 Watch performs pretty good and opening apps or scrolling down the menus is a breeze. All extended settings in Android are accessible due to the square design and most Android settings can be accessed like you would on a normal Android phone. But… NO MEDIA VOLUME… Keep that in mind. Also, the overall sound of this watch through the speaker is pretty low, even in Outdoor mode. On Bluetooth, the sound is good, so better have your Bluetooth headset close by. I used a Volume Booster app to achieve slightly better results.

Battery life: 3/5 It’s kind of a mixed bag here… I got 12 hours of battery life in general with a few calls and check of notifications and i was once able to get 16 hours easily on a day with less activity. The watch had 2 occasions where it was at 30% and suddenly went down to 0% in 2 min.

-GPS: GPS works fine outdoor, i was able to go running with it a few times and the GPS was pretty good and stable on most occasions. You should wait until you get a full signal before starting your activity though. You can use GPS Data app in order to validate signal strenght before you head out for your favorite activity.

-External Storage: 4/5 I was able to add a 32 GB SD CARD in the watch and load it with music. This is on top of the already available 8 gb (5.6 gb after OS and apps installed)

-Software: 5/5 The Android implementation is solid. The best i have seen so far (if you like close to stock Android experience). Most basic apps are there and work well. I am thinking SMS, Contact and Schedule for instance which will work with Exchange natively…

So, all in all, a solid value for the money if you are not afraid of it’s size!

Hope you found this review useful

Regards,

Max