Optimus pro dead. any ideas?

good day everyone

I wanted to give fw3.0 another chance.
flashed it, everything went great.
I wanted to do a factory reset, the screen said “erasing”, went black, and it remained black every since.

nothing seems to help, flashing various FWs goes as it should, everything looks ok, but the watch cant be turned on after the procedure.
when off and connected to the PC it only sometimes (once in every 10 attempts or so) flashes the kospet logo, the battery icon shows for a sec or 2 and the screen goes black again. other times nothing happens except the “usb connected” sound goes of, quickly followed by "usb disconnected sound.

any ideas?

try to fully charge it and when you turn it on then wait but do very long wait…

1 Like

as I said, it cant be turned on. that is the very problem I described.

nevertheless, it seems it cant be charged either.

Maybe the battery is badly connected inside the watch…

1 Like

yeah, I thought that too.
but it seems like the watch starts a perpetual loop of some kind switching on and off continuously as soon the battery gets charged even a slightest bit.: thus connected and disconnected sounds when i connect the watch to the PC via USB, I think.
it also gets a bit warm, which makes me think it is doing something, even the screen is all black. then it just cool off when the battery is discharged.

I flashed the watch a fair number of times using the very same procedure, and it always worked just fine.
I wonder what could get screwed up this time.
kind of sad cuz I really liked the optimus pro, it was just a step away from being a perfect watch IMHO.

anyways, it seems like I’m getting a new watch, which is pretty cool

1 Like

maybe it’s the button that’s the problem

1 Like