Optimus Pro A Day of Use - Battery Results

(Witaj)

Hi All!
As my first post on this forum I would like to introduce myself.

Iam Tomasz, currently living in the UK.

Got Optimus PRO and to be honest never tried the freeze app function.

Regarding battery life, I’d suggest the Universal Launcher
I think is bit better with battery savings.

Also is worth to mention that the launcher mentioned above let You turn on Your HR to measure your stats when the screen is on.

My mobile (Mate 10 PRO) is connected via watch droid.
WiiaWatch2 is just tragic.

Regards,
Tomasz

1 Like

Welcome from the UK :+1:

2 Likes

Nice! Welcome from Portugal.
I’ll give universal launcher another try. I had an issue that made me stop using it. Which I’m sure would have been fixed with a reinstall, but once I deleted it, I thought that maybe since it’s not built in, maybe it’ll use more battery.

I’ll delay the pleasure of trying it again as long as I can… I’m sure I’ll last a day

I notice that you mentioned “pedometer on”.
Have you seen a way to turn it off?

Hello,
I also tried a lot.
The best result for me is turning off the Google Voice service.
Before, it only lasted about 5 hours.
Now without voice service about 9 hours and then about 35%
Turned off the clock, turn on itself, look after Whatsapp, send some messages with videos and pictures, make phone calls.
It’s a pity, since this watch is actually required to activate the language assistant.
The works very well, but unfortunately just this most battery needs.
The display can be turned off, is not a problem but the Google service in the background is the biggest problem.
You can also switch it off, but unfortunately you need it most with this watch.
He runs in the background and constantly needs electricity
Everything else can be used but it does not work if you do not need it.
Photos, videos, phone calls, etc.
But monitoring if something is being talked about, etc.
this drains the battery.

Try to switch off google sync. services!

It let me keep the watch usage a few hrs more.

I have already done that,
just wanted to report that this service greatly reduces battery life.

Alright… Very interesting. I rolled back to 1.6 last night. Then a full system wipe. Then wifi update to 2.5.
Immediately today I noticed a difference in battery life…and it just kept going. Looks like 2.5 is hands down the winner for full android use battery life.
I was traveling today and using the watch as needed with 3G. When it got dark, even switched to always on time.

1 Like

I told you :slight_smile:
anyway, I found another interesting thing.
I downloaded an app called Fix Play Services from google play.
This app allowed me to update google play services to the latest version ( I couldn’t find another way to do it for the life of me) .
long story short, after the update I fully charged the watch before I went to sleep last night, 10 hours later the battery is at 88 % with 4G and WiFi on.

looks very promising to me I must say

2 Likes

Awesome! Of course I tried it immediately. Google play services are updated and 100% charge.

That’s exciting. 10 hours and 88% with 4g is what I’m talking about!

I didn’t even think about updating the services… I guess on a phone they’re updated automatically.

Nice one!

After updating play services are you syncing Google account or not?

just remember to remove Fix Play Services app when you’re done with it, judging by the way it looks, it probably would be doing some goofy stuff in the background

1 Like

I will not be enabling Google sync. Syncing on demand works fine for me. No need for email immediately.
Whatsapp and other messengers, of course, work without Google sync on as well.

it says “sync is off” on my watch and honestly, I have no idea how I’d change it even if I wanted to

edit

yeah, that one is off, it’s a pain in the arse when it’s on anyway

Exactly. So how did the day end up for you? Not sure which time zone you are in… It’s almost 10am here. I assume you testing this yesterday?

I didn’t. But just did. Thanks for reminder.

Are you using stock launcher or Universal launcher?

stock launcher.
now at 83 % and it says 3 days left. I know it will drop fast as soon as I start using the watch but It never said 3 days left before after nearly 15 hours with 4G and WiFi on.
I do think it’s a pretty good standby.
now, with a few tweaks more I feel we could be getting somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Google play services for me updates ( when there is a update ) when i go into apps on playstore and click updates ? Just the same as google updates .

1 Like

Right on! I’m also on stock. I would love to use UL for the customization and app shortcuts and such… Maybe I’ll give it a try.

Well if you’ve had 4g on this whole time, that’s great.