Ok google

i can confirm it works pretty well, unfortunately it seems to be working only for english

thanks mate

Sorry my bud. Getting it to work for other languages is out of my league.

Since what we’re doing is we’re using the Original OK Google voice match, that was for the search bar. And having it activate with the assistant. Since there was some crossover for a time.

But newer versions of the Google app have expanded on it by a bunch.

You can TRY going into the settings and downloading the offline language packs, but this is a coil toss on whether or not it’ll work.

Try one of the

10.4.3.21.ARM
https://google-quick-search-box.en.uptodown.com/android/download/2012178
or
10.4.3.21.ARM
https://google-quick-search-box.en.uptodown.com/android/download/2017976

There’s no guaranty either of these will work. In fact there’s a fairly good chance they won’t.

But this version was working on my samsung galaxy on5. That said. the 8.70.4.21 is working a lot better on my Galaxy On5.

These are VERY hit’n’miss. You will need to click on the different versions and figure out which one introduces the language that you need. You didn’t tell me which language you need.

But you might be able to find one that has it.

thanks bud.
will try and report as soon as I get a chance

cheers

In this older version of the Google app that you have posted only US English is fully supported I believe?
Anyway, I managed to flash the latest full set of G-Apps and the issue is gone.
The issue is that the Google apps get updated from the play store but the system core (for Google Services) is out of date and so these functions break.
Sadly for me, this means I have to spend a lot of time building the firmware and giving it to them to distribute :frowning:
It’s my job in our partnership - Google is inaccessible in China and so I renew the Google components for them every few months.

2 Likes

I don’t have a very good understanding of how all this works. All i know while poking around was when i downgraded my Google (app) my OK Google started working.
But my Google Lens stopped. So i just stepped forward to figure out how far forward i could go to figure out which ones i could use that’ll give me OK Google and Google Lens support.

I’m not sure what all firmwares you’re working on.
Is it the google play services that don’t get updated?

I’m hoping the Kospet Hope gets a new firmware soon with a few fixes. Like being able to turn off Cellular Data from the quick menu. Maybe some GPS Tweaks, not just A-GPS.
Hell… i want 64Bit android for the kospet hope. I have my reasons. :blush:

Pabloeleven has been working on the Gps thing for at least twelve months that i can think off so it cannot be easy . Like u i use universal launcher and yes you cannot turn off data . Its ages since i tried but when universal launcher ISNT installed you can then turn off data from quick menu ? I will check …

i’ve just updated google to the newest version and I’m happy to report that google assistant not only works like a charm, but it now also supports my language.
you can now say “hey google” too, to invoke it :slight_smile: , which is pretty cool IMHO
I’m not completely sure though, but I think we still need to adjust everything on an older version first (as shown in the video) and then update.

anyway, good job google!

@fuuz Did you update through the play store?

[quote=“lazybunnykiera, post:29, topic:39000, full:true”]
@fuuz Did you update through the play store?
[/quote

yes

im on version 2.5 FW and didnt install anything, not even google assistant from playstore.
it just simply worked out right after i enabled it on the watch (google play services)
even had my previous voice matching stored from my google account login credentials
works everytime from any screen, even watch face screen using ok google voice invoke