Non-cable watchface files transfer?

Is there any way I can transfer my watchface files/folders from my PC (WITHOUT direct USB cable connection) to the watch via BT or WiFi?

Yes . Try this -

2 Likes

I just use bluetooth from PC to watch. Easy Peasy.:grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Tim

Thanks, will use the weekend to try this. Fingers crossed I have 223 different watch faces i need to get back on the watch after a factory reset in trying to get windows to recognise the KW88 - everything else on the watch works but the cable-pc connection (but it still charges with the cable?) Thanks

1 Like

Hi . When connected to pc via cable , goto connect in menu , click on usb , select media transfer . Does that help ?

3 Likes

Hi Louis

Will also experiment with that too… thanks.

1 Like

Hi Tim, i cannot connect the watch to the PC through the cable or that would have been my first choice and just drag/drop the clockskin faces to the folder on the watch through windows explorer as I had done many many times before. As it is my watch is not recognised on three diff computers and isn’t recognised by Win 10 and I have tried the various options to use different drivers etc. Sadly no go. Now I just downloaded the above (Clockskin transfer) on my phone and have successfully added my 223 faces - i see the green upper page list of files i put into a master zip file and below the graphic links to each face in the browser page on my pc and on my phone and it says ‘watch faces installed on watch’ but nothing is ‘on the watch’. I have tried connecting the watch to phone but am not sure I have done something out of sequence. Any chance of an ‘idiots’ guide???

Hi . You should have clockskin transfer on your PC and watch . Not on your phone . Thanks

1 Like

Hi Tim,
I think it’s more to do with the sequence of events and whether to send from pc, transfer to phone and then watch or from pc or phone direct to watch… I think clockskin transfer has all my faces now listed and shows visually on both pc and phone but when i try to ‘send to watch’ from either pc OR phone it shows a red box above saying ‘Invalid files. No watch to install found’ when it’s connected to my phone.

I’m a little lost with this . PC and watch on same wifi network , watch gives you http : // ****** to type on pc

Watch faces add to pc as you wish and transfer to watch . If watch goes to sleep when screen goes dim it may not work . Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for patience on this. trying now

1 Like

Your welcome :+1: Keep going :grin:

1 Like

TIM,
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Damn phone was getting in the way and your small revelation of taking that out of the mix helped and was amazing since the watch cannot be read with a cable anymore.
Really appreciate it.
Happy to share all watch faces to those interested as a thanks to the forum.
Zip file link can be shared. Just ask. (unless as moderator you would like me to handle this differently)
All credit to original designers/authors/builders/makers with great thanks from old Google Group.
Regards
Shane

2 Likes

Glad you are sorted . Happy days :+1:

On a slightly serious note please dont share ANY faces that dont belong to you personally on this forum .
If they are all yours and made by you go for it . We appreciate all designers work

Have a good week

Tim

2 Likes

No problem on watch faces, that’s why I checked.
Happy days indeed.

1 Like

Thankyou Shane :+1: . Appreciated

2 Likes

Good job, Tim!!!

2 Likes

I use Solid Explorer, it’s a file browser in the play store that has the ability to browse network shares.

Very handy for sending files to/from the watch via my home wifi.

2 Likes