NEW Q7 OTA Available.

There is a new OTA available for the Q7.

Be aware - it is at least 70mb in size !!

It can take up to 15 - 20 minutes to install!!

Please make sure you have at least 80% battery before trying to install and you MUST leave the watch alone until fully completed.

The watch screen will go black and appear to have failed - but it hasn’t!! It’s just very slow…

So take the OTA (obviously not if you have rooted the watch though !!) and then leave it alone for a long time.

Go and have dinner or something but just leave it to complete

Cheers

Pablo.

Cheers

Pablo.

Whats the new version number as I just checked and mine says it has the latest version. I got an update a couple of weeks ago.

Mine says its Q7-1499409811

The new version is : 149 940 9811

Yep, it was made on 2017/07/07 so you could have received the update a any time from then.

The point was that because it was so slow and large people were rebooting and soft bricking the watch…

Hi All,

For those who have updated their watches with the new firmware, do you know what changes have been made (if any)?

Thanks

My new Q7 Plus has the following system on it:

Hardware : MT6580M

Model : Q7 PLUS

Build number : LMY47I test-keys

Build date UTC : 20170913-094159

Android v : 5.1

Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V20, 2015/12/03 19:50

Kernel v : 3.10.72+ (sw04@PowerEdge-R710-01) (gcc version 4.8 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 17:51:00 CST 2017

BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED!!!

MTK Droid Tools is almost useless with the MT6580!

It may be some time before this one can be opened up, and modded for Unlock Boot, Install custom Recovery, Root, and system edits.  -So Sad that MTK has done this.

Beware the latest OTA update. The newest OTA update (s.171129-1511955800) dated 2017-11-29 messes up the bluetooth linkage. My connection to my cellular drops out every 5-10 minutes with this newest update. Causes the “Link Lost” notification and sound on my cellular relentlessly! Very annoying, and makes the bluetooth link to cellular for notifications useless.

I guess this update is only for Q7 plus, is there an update for the “old” Q7 available as well?

Yes. It is for the Q7 Plus. Sorry about not being specific. Why Finow didn’t just name the new variant the “Q8” is beyond my understanding. There would be so much less confusion about software/ROM compatibility this way.

Dec 3, 2017 20:16:26 GMT 1 techaddict said:
Beware the latest OTA update. The newest OTA update (s.171129-1511955800) dated 2017-11-29 messes up the bluetooth linkage. My connection to my cellular drops out every 5-10 minutes with this newest update. Causes the "Link Lost" notification and sound on my cellular relentlessly! Very annoying, and makes the bluetooth link to cellular for notifications useless.

I've had the watch for about a week now and I did notice constant BT disconnections . Since its due to the latest update how do I remove it? This could probably be also linked to my poor battery life on BT since it constantly disconnecting/recconecting.

Edit:
I don’t see any option to remove updates so only reflashing older rom wil let me get rid of the latest update?

I am also having problem with Bluetooth connection, I wrote an email to Finow, but they don’t answer me.
Is there any recommendation?
It happens when upgrade to the new firmware.
After installing the new firmware, now you can use you watch as an Bluetooth headphone, receive call from you mobile phone.the app watch bt, I think that it’s what is having connection problem with the Bluetooth.

Dec 4, 2017 23:17:53 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Dec 3, 2017 20:16:26 GMT 1 techaddict said:
Beware the latest OTA update. The newest OTA update (s.171129-1511955800) dated 2017-11-29 messes up the bluetooth linkage. My connection to my cellular drops out every 5-10 minutes with this newest update. Causes the "Link Lost" notification and sound on my cellular relentlessly! Very annoying, and makes the bluetooth link to cellular for notifications useless.

I've had the watch for about a week now and I did notice constant BT disconnections . Since its due to the latest update how do I remove it? This could probably be also linked to my poor battery life on BT since it constantly disconnecting/recconecting.

Edit:
I don’t see any option to remove updates so only reflashing older rom wil let me get rid of the latest update?

yes, you need to flash the stock rom and do'nt update.
Dec 6, 2017 10:43:40 GMT 1 lokocabrs said:
I am also having problem with Bluetooth connection, I wrote an email to Finow, but they don't answer me. Is there any recommendation? It happens when upgrade to the new firmware. After installing the new firmware, now you can use you watch as an Bluetooth headphone, receive call from you mobile phone.the app watch bt, I think that it's what is having connection problem with the Bluetooth.

have you tried reseting the watch and see if it fix the problem? if not i suggest to go back to the old firmware.
I am also having problem with Bluetooth connection, I wrote an email to Finow, but they don't answer me. Is there any recommendation? It happens when upgrade to the new firmware. After installing the new firmware, now you can use you watch as an Bluetooth headphone, receive call from you mobile phone.the app watch bt, I think that it's what is having connection problem with the Bluetooth.

Yes I flashed back the latest stock rom /thread/1750/finow-q7-plus Bluetooth no loger switches/on/off by itself I also got possibility to use BT internet tethering but as you mentioned Calls over BT are gone.

Still prefer the previous rom as the BT on new update is too buggy.

So your best bet is to wait for another update that hopefully fixes it or revert back to the previous update be flashing stock rom and disable auto updates.

Dec 6, 2017 11:18:55 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 4, 2017 23:17:53 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
I’ve had the watch for about a week now and I did notice constant BT disconnections . Since its due to the latest update how do I remove it? This could probably be also linked to my poor battery life on BT since it constantly disconnecting/recconecting.

Edit:

yes, you need to flash the stock rom and do'nt update.

have you tried reseting the watch and see if it fix the problem? if not i suggest to go back to the old firmware.

And yes resetting the watch only clears data so reflashing stock rom is needed to get rid of the new update.
Dec 6, 2017 11:59:05 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

ok, thanks, do'nt flash i'm checking if this can be fixed with new update by finow.