NEW - LEM10 Square model 2019

btw, in regards to GPS, make sure to have access to internet after you:
1: Remove SIM card
2: Insert SIM card
3: Enter Power Saving mode
4: Exit Power Saving mode
5: Enter Airplane mode
6: Leave Airplane mode

After each of these start google maps, or some GPS software or whatever so that the AGPS data can be re-downloaded automatically. This ROM will, for some reason, reset that data after each of these situations.

1 Like

To be honest i noticed that also after draining battery . Similar to my kospet hope . No big deal to me . After using a zeblaze dual with broken GPS i am in heaven now :+1:

1 Like

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu Hehe yeah I know what you mean. It’s crazy how good the GPS is considering the straps are removable

1 Like

After living with the watch for a while…

Sure would be nice to have a calibration fix for the screen oddities (having to tap higher/lower or swipe faster for some gestures).

Other than that, I’m annoyed that I can’t figure out a way to use voice from the keyboard. On the round watches, there was always a microphone icon on the keyboard which was the fastest way to open voice, but on this rectangle keyboard, there’s none. Do you guys use voice input when typing, and how do you do it?

Still have very intermittent connectivity at all times, as if the watch is trying to save its battery power, even though I have battery saver and data saver off. That said, the battery life on this watch is better than any other stand-alone smartwatch/phone I’ve owned from any brand. I’ve got plenty of apps installed and it can easily go 14 hrs of normal standby usage on cellular data and still have battery power to spare.

(Oh, one more thing, I can attest there are no moisture problems whatsoever with this watch from normal use. I have done my standard running of at least 5K many days in a row, washed dishes, washed my hands, etc. with no fear of moisture intrusion. This is the way IP67 should be, unlike the other brands that advertise that but have power button, screen, and camera issues from normal sweat.)

1 Like

Hi , I’m sure a firmware update wont be far away now . I am concerned about your connectivity problems as i and other users have none . I dont use voice typing . Have you tried " google assistant " when you have connectivity ?

1 Like

yeah I really need the heart rate sensor working! @jayinatlanta can’t you download google keyboard? it should have a mic button

Regarding the connectivity, it just occurred to me, what “System Work Mode” are you guys using? I’m using Normal instead of Performance. Wonder if that makes a difference.

I have concerns about the problems with connectivity and heart rate sense.

These watches should be returned - in my opinion.
I have serious doubts about firmware fixing them.
Sounds like a production / hardware problem to me

2 Likes

Hi normal as always . Thanks

I must be lucky as most stable watch i have ever had ? . And i have had a few :wink:

1 Like

My thor pro’s heart rate sensor was fixed with a fw update last year.

After using the watch as a standalone replacement for a phone I can say that I’m really happy with the battery performance. I have it in 3G mode to save some power and usually use mobile data when I need internet access. I do occasionally use WiFi at work where I’m in close proximity to an access point but elsewhere it’s just useless, as others have stated.
This way the watch gives me roughly a day and half of battery life which is awesome.

I have replaced the stock launcher with Nova launcher as I have been using it on my phones for the last 5 or 6 years and.

In comparison to the LEM8 which I’ve used previously I have to say that I’m really satisfied with the sound quality of the speaker as most of the time I don’t feel the need to use BT headset anymore, especially in quieter environment.

There is the problem with the touch screen calibration which is pretty annoying when typing on the keyboard and I really do hope that this gets improved with a FW update.
There was also one occasion where the watch stopped detecting the SIM card and I had to do a factory reset to get it working again as no amount of restarting or re-inserting the SIM helped. I really do hope it doesn’t happen again.
And of course the problems with the stability of the WiFi connection.

Except for the above quirks I’m really happy with the watch and looking forward to many months of use.

3 Likes

“many months of use” “nova launcher”

ok I shall tie you to the stake! xD

lol, I just might agree with you :smiley:

While I really loved having those really nice watch faces on the LEM8 with the stock launcher, I prefer having nova launcher with a cleaned up app drawer and notifications taken care of by Heads-up Notifications, makes for a really nice set up. But I do miss having all those nice watch faces, that’s true :smiley:

After the last few days I really wanted to have the updates for emails and other stuff and the unusable WiFi connection annoyed me so much that I almost got depressed. 3G is consuming too much power and since I have wifi available in all the places I spend most of the time at it’s really annoying. Oh well, here’s to hoping that a future FW update might improve that part. Maybe switching to a metal strap that doesn’t have a galvanic connection between both part might help, depending on which part of the case acts as the wifi antenna :thinking:

I also used bluetooth headphones for a few hours yesterday to listen to some music and the connection really isn’t that great.

I can’t imagine living with nova laucher for even a minute, mainly due to:

1. No watchfaces - Not just the design but all the extra stuff like steps, calories, tap actions to do things or launch apps. Yes, some widgets can be added to nova’s desktop to display some of that mentioned stuff but they are not working well under such small screen.

2. No swipe to check weather (and update weather) or other swipes to check watch to phone bluetooth linkup, none of the health pages are accessible.

3. adding widgets to check current steps, weather widgets, etc all add to the watch’s workload and battery consumption. It’ll be a more bloated device.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Every watch i have had on my left wrist has had a poor connection with a cheap chinese wireless earbud that is in my right ear . Music is usually crackly and intermittent . My Lemfo Lem10 is the first that doesnt have this issue and therefore a stronger bluetooth connection . Same with wifi . I can get a signal that no other watches have had in my home .

1 Like