New heart rate tracking app ‚HeartOnTop’

Hey guys,

here is a new app called ‚HeartOnTop’ released for Android.

Have a look at the app, it is especially designed for the Zeblaze Thor, but may work on more devices.
It can show your heart rate (using internal sensor) continuous in front of every app.

Could be useful for sports.

Here is the link for Google Play Store:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inc.makerbob.sbobka.heartontop

And a link for a Youtube video running the app on Zeblaze Thor:

Greetz

Nov 11, 2017 8:32:22 GMT 1 racka02 said:

thanks so much for sharing, are you the developer?

***works with the S1 (MTK6572)

One of the best for me is Cardiac(Heart) Diagnosis

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sdk.blood_pressure&hl=en

Nov 11, 2017 9:09:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 11, 2017 8:32:22 GMT 1 racka02 said:

thanks so much for sharing, are you the developer?

***works with the S1 (MTK6572)


Hey, nice to hear that its working with your S1. Yes, i coded most of it. How it the layout? Is everything readable?
1 Like

Nov 11, 2017 9:32:36 GMT 1 hans65 said:
One of the best for me is Cardiac(Heart) Diagnosis

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sdk.blood_pressure&hl=en


Hello hans65,
the app Cardiac Diagnosis is good for measure heart rate for short time, to get HR at this timepoint. This is not the intention i had for HeartOnTop app. The app is made for continuous tracking over a long time for e.g. while sports. And it shows your hr in a different way. Displays it in front of your favorite sports app so you can use and see both apps simultanious.
Nov 11, 2017 19:16:40 GMT 1 racka02 said:

Nov 11, 2017 9:09:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
thanks so much for sharing, are you the developer?

***works with the S1 (MTK6572)


Hey, nice to hear that its working with your S1. Yes, i coded most of it. How it the layout? Is everything readable?

yes, it is easy to use in full round display and square display. i understand that you’ll add more features to the app, i hope so:) 
1 Like

Nov 11, 2017 19:26:15 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 11, 2017 19:16:40 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Hey, nice to hear that its working with your S1. Yes, i coded most of it. How it the layout? Is everything readable?

yes, it is easy to use in full round display and square display. i understand that you’ll add more features to the app, i hope so:) 

Yes, there is some more feature in plans. Right now im working on a daily heart rate profile with measurements for e.g. every 15 min. But i dont know when it will be integrated jet. And if it is possible without draining batterie. We will see. And i have lot more ideas for future. What are you missing most?
Nov 11, 2017 19:35:06 GMT 1 racka02 said:

Nov 11, 2017 19:26:15 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
yes, it is easy to use in full round display and square display. i understand that you’ll add more features to the app, i hope so:) 


Yes, there is some more feature in plans. Right now im working on a daily heart rate profile with measurements for e.g. every 15 min. But i dont know when it will be integrated jet. And if it is possible without draining batterie. We will see. And i have lot more ideas for future. What are you missing most?

if you can add time and distance (gps) for workouts that would be great:)

Works nice on my Zeblaze Thor. I bought the application today.Can you place a heartbeat in the heart icon (for example, white numbers in the red heart). It would take less space on the smartwatch monitor. Can you add steps, distance and time of use? Sync with Google Fit or another app like Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal.

Nov 11, 2017 20:11:14 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 11, 2017 19:35:06 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Yes, there is some more feature in plans. Right now im working on a daily heart rate profile with measurements for e.g. every 15 min. But i dont know when it will be integrated jet. And if it is possible without draining batterie. We will see. And i have lot more ideas for future. What are you missing most?

if you can add time and distance (gps) for workouts that would be great:)

Do you want to see distance and time at the end of workout or within the floating window with the heart rate? 
1 Like
Nov 11, 2017 21:56:35 GMT 1 trener said:
Works nice on my Zeblaze Thor. I bought the application today.Can you place a heartbeat in the heart icon (for example, white numbers in the red heart). It would take less space on the smartwatch monitor. Can you add steps, distance and time of use? Sync with Google Fit or another app like Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal.

Im happy you guys are interested in the app. Thx, good idea with the heart icon. I think i will try to realize this later. Sync with google fit is already on my list.  Originally my idea of the app was to use it in combination with another app that cant use internal hr-sensor like runkeeper or strava. thats why i created the hr as a floating monitor in front of these apps. I think Apps like runkeeper are working great with Zeblaze Thor and they already can track steps, distance etc. but lacking use of internal heart rate sensor. Integrating all the features of a good tracking app like runkeeper would take a long time for me. Instead i thought it would make more sense to spend this time in a good integration of my heartrate app in these existing, well working apps. What do you think about this?
Nov 12, 2017 8:27:35 GMT 1 racka02 said:

Nov 11, 2017 20:11:14 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
if you can add time and distance (gps) for workouts that would be great:)


Do you want to see distance and time at the end of workout or within the floating window with the heart rate? 

i think more info should be  on the app and on the floating app should only HR and time in my opinion. thnks:)))

Great work,
Proud to have you as a member of our forum. We will be there for you if you need anything we can help with.

Thanks

Pablo.

Nov 12, 2017 8:50:36 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Nov 11, 2017 21:56:35 GMT 1 trener said:
Works nice on my Zeblaze Thor. I bought the application today.Can you place a heartbeat in the heart icon (for example, white numbers in the red heart). It would take less space on the smartwatch monitor. Can you add steps, distance and time of use? Sync with Google Fit or another app like Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal.

Im happy you guys are interested in the app. Thx, good idea with the heart icon. I think i will try to realize this later. Sync with google fit is already on my list.  Originally my idea of the app was to use it in combination with another app that cant use internal hr-sensor like runkeeper or strava. thats why i created the hr as a floating monitor in front of these apps. I think Apps like runkeeper are working great with Zeblaze Thor and they already can track steps, distance etc. but lacking use of internal heart rate sensor. Integrating all the features of a good tracking app like runkeeper would take a long time for me. Instead i thought it would make more sense to spend this time in a good integration of my heartrate app in these existing, well working apps. What do you think about this?

Integration your application into Runkeeper is good idea. What about linking/connect your application with the pedometer on the smartwatch and syncing all with Google Fit?.
Nov 12, 2017 11:42:03 GMT 1 trener said:
Nov 12, 2017 8:50:36 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Im happy you guys are interested in the app. Thx, good idea with the heart icon. I think i will try to realize this later. Sync with google fit is already on my list.  Originally my idea of the app was to use it in combination with another app that cant use internal hr-sensor like runkeeper or strava. thats why i created the hr as a floating monitor in front of these apps. I think Apps like runkeeper are working great with Zeblaze Thor and they already can track steps, distance etc. but lacking use of internal heart rate sensor. Integrating all the features of a good tracking app like runkeeper would take a long time for me. Instead i thought it would make more sense to spend this time in a good integration of my heartrate app in these existing, well working apps. What do you think about this?

Integration your application into Runkeeper is good idea. What about linking/connect your application with the pedometer on the smartwatch and syncing all with Google Fit?.

Dont know how to get data from the pedometer and coding an own is not the problem, but it will drain battery to fast i think. If anyone here could tell me how to get steps from the pedometer i could easly implement it.
Nov 13, 2017 11:11:42 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Nov 12, 2017 11:42:03 GMT 1 trener said:
Integration your application into Runkeeper is good idea. What about linking/connect your application with the pedometer on the smartwatch and syncing all with Google Fit?.

Dont know how to get data from the pedometer and coding an own is not the problem, but it will drain battery to fast i think. If anyone here could tell me how to get steps from the pedometer i could easly implement it.
ricktop pablo11 nameless

Nov 13, 2017 11:14:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 13, 2017 11:11:42 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Dont know how to get data from the pedometer and coding an own is not the problem, but it will drain battery to fast i think. If anyone here could tell me how to get steps from the pedometer i could easly implement it.
ricktop
pablo11
nameless

Yes it drains battery extremely fast and you need the source code for these apps.
Nov 13, 2017 11:11:42 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Nov 12, 2017 11:42:03 GMT 1 trener said:
Integration your application into Runkeeper is good idea. What about linking/connect your application with the pedometer on the smartwatch and syncing all with Google Fit?.

Dont know how to get data from the pedometer and coding an own is not the problem, but it will drain battery to fast i think. If anyone here could tell me how to get steps from the pedometer i could easly implement it.

I hope someone on the forum will help. GPS does not always work well on my Thor and quickly drains the battery.
Nov 13, 2017 11:18:23 GMT 1 trener said:
Nov 13, 2017 11:11:42 GMT 1 racka02 said:
Dont know how to get data from the pedometer and coding an own is not the problem, but it will drain battery to fast i think. If anyone here could tell me how to get steps from the pedometer i could easly implement it.

I hope someone on the forum will help. GPS does not always work well on my Thor and quickly drains the battery.

Have you been into engineering mode and set up the GPS configuration? Google it for your method and then on the phone dialler (the actual phone dialler) input *#111#* This takes you to engineering mode.

MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH THIS FIRST OR YOUR WATCH CAN BE DAMAGED!!!

Once in this mode swipe left until you see the location services menu.
Then follow the instructions you have found on Google for MTK engineering mode GPS adjustments.

This is NOT for the average user. It does require a degree of patience and precision.
I always use Google Chrome Vysor plugin for remote control of the device. Absolutely fantastic tool for administration of your watch from your PC !! Just need usb debugging enabled on the WATCH and the USB cable.

So there you go. You have the information - just be careful how you use it.

All of this is only necessary because the watches are made and configured in China. So many of the default configuration files are set up using Chinese parameters…

Cheers

Pablo.

Pablo11, what do you think about this app:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.themonsterit.EngineerStarter&hl=en

Is it possible to do the same like to enter the engineering mode direct on the smartwatch?