New FW's, new repo?

Hi there! Is there any news about new firmwares for DM368, LF16 & Co.? I remember, someone said there will be new releases, especially allowing to not use Taishou as the only face on wrist gesture. BTW, the repo with firmwares on mega.nz was unfortunately closed, still no new solution? Thanks.

Aug 18, 2017 23:37:56 GMT 1 yawa said:
Hi there! Is there any news about new firmwares for DM368, LF16 & Co.? I remember, someone said there will be new releases, especially allowing to not use Taishou as the only face on wrist gesture. BTW, the repo with firmwares on mega.nz was unfortunately closed, still no new solution? Thanks.

Hi yawa

In the case of DOMINO you have these versions of FW (for Domino DM368 and DM368Plus in the same link):

/thread/731/domino-dm386-plus-firmware

I have tried to install on my DOMINO DM368 PLUS (1Gb and 16Gb ROM) its corresponding version 20170619 and it works correctly, now no longer shows the Taishou when doing the wrist turn to see the time, it shows the watchface with a small padlock in The top of the screen, indicating that the screen is locked and you must slide your finger to unlock it.

In addition, now when charging the battery of the smartwatch (when it is off), a percentage of load is shown next to the animation of the battery charge.

The only thing that misses me is that when I turn on the smartwatch comes an image that puts SPORCH instead of the DM logo Domino Marvel.

It is important to warn you that between the normal version and the plus there is much difference in the date of the FW.

I have the new firmware version more than a week and everything works correctly, now what I have to do is investigate how to limit the battery consumption when the clock is not used (I will try to use Greenify that I have read very good Comments of this app in the forum and other webs).

I hope it helps you the data that I indicate after testing this firmware in my watch, greetings

Aug 19, 2017 21:44:12 GMT 1 iyadmn said:
Aug 18, 2017 23:37:56 GMT 1 yawa said:

Hi yawa

In the case of DOMINO you have these versions of FW (for Domino DM368 and DM368Plus in the same link):

/thread/731/domino-dm386-plus-firmware

I have tried to install on my DOMINO DM368 PLUS (1Gb and 16Gb ROM) its corresponding version 20170619 and it works correctly, now no longer shows the Taishou when doing the wrist turn to see the time, it shows the watchface with a small padlock in The top of the screen, indicating that the screen is locked and you must slide your finger to unlock it.

In addition, now when charging the battery of the smartwatch (when it is off), a percentage of load is shown next to the animation of the battery charge.

The only thing that misses me is that when I turn on the smartwatch comes an image that puts SPORCH instead of the DM logo Domino Marvel.

It is important to warn you that between the normal version and the plus there is much difference in the date of the FW.

I have the new firmware version more than a week and everything works correctly, now what I have to do is investigate how to limit the battery consumption when the clock is not used (I will try to use Greenify that I have read very good Comments of this app in the forum and other webs).

I hope it helps you the data that I indicate after testing this firmware in my watch, greetings

Many thanks, iyadmn! AFAICS there is a FW for PLUS with HEHUI only, while the other two links point to the FW's from March 2017, which are not the latest (I use the I4 FW from April/May 2017 on my DM368 without "PLUS"). I fear, I should not try the 20170619, right? pablo11, what do you mean? Are DM368 and DM368 PLUS so different from the HW point of view? Thanks in advance!

BTW, is there a link to the latest FW’s for LF16 / I3 or even I4?

The plus version should be ok if you don’t flash the pre-loader.

For the I3 and I4 - there are no updates from the versions we have already…

But I will check again with the firmware guys and let you know.

pablo11 AvatarAug 21, 2017 12:56:36 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
The plus version should be ok if you don't flash the pre-loader.

Thanks, pablo11! I’m not familiar with the pre-loader, I mean, never tried / seen it before. I would simply flash the Plus FW over the previos one via “SP flash tool” which I’ve already used before.

If you are familiar with SP Flash Tools you will know that when you load the firmware you see all the items checked and you can choose download only or firmware upgrade option.
With this version of firmware I suggest you choose download only and make sure you DON’T have the pre-loader checked. Don’t flash it.

F*ck. It seems that thew USB interface of my smart watch is broken, my laptop can’t recognize the USB device anymore. I’m out. Could obviously update only via OTA (never seen before), so I have to live with the last version

Tried cleaning them? Or dismantle your watch and see the connection inside. Or reinstall windows drivers (sometimes it helps to change to another USB port)

Aug 22, 2017 19:16:39 GMT 1 nameless said:
Tried cleaning them? Or dismantle your watch and see the connection inside. Or reinstall windows drivers (sometimes it helps to change to another USB port)

Yes, already tried to clean. I detected a kind of bulging on the back side of the watch and a small split near the charging contacts, so I fear it's about a hardware problem. I've not tried to open the watch, will try to contact gearbest regarding the warranty, because the watch was purchased in February this year. Will see ... Many thanks for your assistance!
pablo11 AvatarAug 21, 2017 12:56:36 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
The plus version should be ok if you don't flash the pre-loader.

Hi Pablo11

I would like to ask you some questions that I think will help to clarify certain doubts that we have the users:

1st - How often does a new Firmware come out for each smartwatch?

2nd - I have the Domino DM368 Plus as I already mentioned by private. ¿Because there is no official website of the brand itself where you can download the firmware?

3rd - In all the updates of devices or computer programs there is a document type “changelog” to know what are the news, corrections and improvements with respect to the previous versions. Because it is not facilitated this also?

And finally, I would like to know if there is any way to contact the firmware developers? I would like to comment on certain things or bugs that I have found in the operation of the smartwatch and help with the translations of certain menus and texts, for example in Spanish.

Thanks in advance

You can email your feedback to me here zappa1.pf@gmail.com

I have been busy with personal business but I have a meeting with them in China in two weeks time to discuss improvements to the operating system of the watches.
So please send me your feedback.
Thanks.
Pablo

pablo11 AvatarSept 1, 2017 19:45:11 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

I have been busy with personal business but I have a meeting with them in China in two weeks time to discuss improvements to the operating system of the watches.
Thanks.
Pablo

Thank you pablo, I just sent you the mail right now with the suggestions and details that I have seen when I used the watch carefully and with two links to two videos so that they can see the faults that I want to notify that happen to the Domino DM368 plus.

Greetings and thank you

Thanks,
This is what I need.
I intend to make an announcement on the forum for sensible feedback to be sent to rascadministrators@gmail.com
It’s an important opportunity for us.
Thanks again :+1:

Sept 2, 2017 1:24:19 GMT 1 iyadmn said:
pablo11 AvatarSept 1, 2017 19:45:11 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

Thanks.
Pablo

Thank you pablo, I just sent you the mail right now with the suggestions and details that I have seen when I used the watch carefully and with two links to two videos so that they can see the faults that I want to notify that happen to the Domino DM368 plus.

Greetings and thank you

Hi pablo11,

may I ask for a favour? If you talk to the guys regarding OS Improvements. Would it be possible to use other OnScreen Keyboard Layouts than just Chineese and english? I guess it would be great if QWERTZ (German DE), Spanish and AZERTY (French) Layouts would also be selectable. I guess it’s not much of a hassle as those layout are included in Android by default. I think that they are just disabled in the Watch OS so far.
I hardly miss those keyboard layouts on my DM368 and LES1 as it’s not possible for me to use the german special characters like ö,ü,ä,ß which are essential to the german language.

Many thanks in advance for your support so far.

Cheers
Mike aka CableLeecher

Sept 11, 2017 21:06:04 GMT 1 CableLeecher said:

you do'nt have two stock keyboards? one google? or you have the language but not all symbols?

Even if I change the language of the OS to german (which I don‘t as the translation is horrible and totally wrong) there is still only the choice of Chinese and English Keyboardlayouts.
I can live with the OS in English but the missing German Keyboard Layout really freaks me out…

Sept 12, 2017 8:15:25 GMT 1 CableLeecher said:

try this one   play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbak2.JbakKeyboard&hl=en

Sept 12, 2017 11:57:47 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 12, 2017 8:15:25 GMT 1 CableLeecher said:

try this one   play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbak2.JbakKeyboard&hl=en

Thanks for the recommendation soniasophie9697 but I tried several different keyboard apps and this is only a workaround that kills the poor batterylife of those watches even further because of the additional background services that are running.

I asked pablo11 to talk with the developers to simply unlock this basic functionality which is already part of the OS, so why should we invent the wheel again if the functionality is just disabled.

Anyways, thanks for your suggestion and help.

Cheers
Mike

Sept 12, 2017 12:53:17 GMT 1 CableLeecher said:

Sept 12, 2017 11:57:47 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Thanks for the recommendation soniasophie9697

but I tried several different keyboard apps and this is only a workaround that kills the poor batterylife of those watches even further because of the additional background services that are running.

I asked pablo11 to talk with the developers to simply unlock this basic functionality which is already part of the OS, so why should we invent the wheel again if the functionality is just disabled.

Cheers
Mike

I have the same issue with Spanish symbols. It should be great if it could be solved without installing extra apps…

EDIT - After installing the new firmware from this forum now I can use the Spanish symbols.

Sept 16, 2017 11:12:22 GMT 1 cesarm said:
Sept 12, 2017 12:53:17 GMT 1 CableLeecher said:
Thanks for the recommendation soniasophie9697

but I tried several different keyboard apps and this is only a workaround that kills the poor batterylife of those watches even further because of the additional background services that are running.

Cheers
Mike

I have the same issue with Spanish symbols. It should be great if it could be solved without installing extra apps…

EDIT - After installing the new firmware from this forum now I can use the Spanish symbols.

which SmartWATCH Model do you have cesarm ?

I can’t use a german layout on the recent firmwares for my LES1 an DM368