My Running app - support thread

Hi all,

The developers of this fantastic app have contacted me because there are some issues downloading from the Play Store.

For both round and square devices.

Here is a message from them and the direct link to the app to avoid the problem. Just download and install like a regular app.

Download v4.4.0b

The problem is this:
The Play Store wrongly identify full Android watches as a Wear OS one and so it check the compatibility with our Wear OS app that obviously is not compatible since full Android version runs on them.

In particular if the watch runs an Android version previous Wear OS, for example 5.1, the Play Store considers it a phone and so the user is able to find and install MyRunningApp form the Play Store; instead if the watch runs a newer Android version, for example from 7 on, the Play Store considers it a Wear OS watch (but it isn’t because runs full Android) and so the search and installation of MyRunningApp fail.

Moreover if the users install manually the MyRunningApp apk that we send them, they install it without any problem and the app works correctly.
Thank you very much for the help!
best regards
Marzia.

6 Likes

In my opinion and as a keen runner for me this is the best running app out there :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for this space!

10 Likes

Great to have you onboard :+1:

4 Likes

No problem and welcome :+1:
I hope you will be able to chat with members here, because it’s a great place for new ideas.
Not to mention quick troubleshooting and possibly beta testing.
Thanks
Pablo11.

4 Likes

I have given you higher status just in case you need to post an urgent reply or whatever.
So you are promoted from new user to “member”
Cheers.

4 Likes

@MyRunningApp_Staff Please let my know if you need help in any way. Welcome on board.

3 Likes

Hey welcome mate! Glad post is up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the opportunity!

3 Likes

New version up, 4.3.5. Go grab it from link above or google play.
LEM10 users: you need to use settings search apk to enter accessibility to change font to small in order to see the update button in that dialog window. (At least on the initial firmware release)

Screenshot from my LEM10:
MyScreen_2019-10-08-17-37-07

3 Likes

Releasing Rectangular skin with MyRunningApp launch support (tap action):

MyScreen_2019-10-10-00-40-22

2 Likes

Excellent. Very cool :slightly_smiling_face:
Can you make a round one as well possibly?
Because the tap action is working on Optimus and hopefully the Prime as well. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I think so. Give me a day, and you’ll need to test it first.

2 Likes

Thanks,
Only if you have time. I know it’s some work involved.
Really appreciate it if you can :+1::+1:

1 Like

4.3.8 out, get it while it’s hot!

1 Like

Is my running app available in round form factor ?

Hi . Yes it is . There is one version :+1:

Oh…nice .can you give the link
Thanks

1 Like

I find it incredibly frustrating that no one appears to read what I post.
I don’t know why I bother sometimes…

Thanks @Dr_Andy_Vishnu

5 Likes