My I4 Pro dies at about 60% battery left.

Is there anything I can do?
I have tried with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on and off and it still shuts down. Also the battery drains very fast. 100% to shutdown (at aprox.50-60%) in about 3 hours with almost no use at all.
It’s brand new. I’ve made a factory reset and that didn’t help a lot.

May 16, 2018 15:03:48 GMT 1 zuul said:
I have tried with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on and off and it still shuts down. Also the battery drains very fast. 100% to shutdown (at aprox.50-60%) in about 3 hours with almost no use at all.

did you by mistake changed something in settings? 

I had similar problems with my I4Air after about a month’s use. While I’m not claiming it is the only or best solution, what I did worked for me. Now I get about 24 to 40 hours from a full charge, depending on amount of use, and it will go to 15% and activate the Battery Saver function and then drain all the way to 0 before shutting off. 

I utilize two apps. First I run the Battery repair app, after a restart and with all apps turned off.  Use the “Recent Tasks” feature to turn them off.  It will check the condition of the battery cells and repair any not functioning correctly. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battery.batteryrepairlife

I then restart the watch and run the second app, following the directions for the app.  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.batteryapps.batterycalibration 
You have to run the calibration app with the watch “on” and the app open, again follow the directions or it will not work as intended.

The calibration process will not complete or work properly until the charge level reaches 100%. If it only charges to 99% and stops, disconnect the charge cable and reconnect it. This will reactivate the charging circuit and it will continue at a slow charge rate, which is normal. By observing the volt/amp meter I use to charge my watch it normally reduces the amperage charge level at about 90% until it is complete. You may have to do this several times to get it to 100%. This is where the inline volt meter helps because you can see whether it has actually stopped charging at the 99% level. Once it reaches 100% remove the charge cable and follow the instructions on the screen. Once you tap the screen it will process the information and when finished you are ready to go. The only time you should have to run the calibration app again is if you notice it is shutting off before reaching an unacceptable level. Since I performed this setup I have not had any more  problems with the battery levels but it would not hurt to run the procedure on a timely basis or as needed. 

Like I said it has worked for me to solve the same issue that you are having. I emphasize though that to assure success you need to follow the directions and don’t cut corners to speed up the process.

Update:

I really hope this works. I opened the back cover and found that the flatcable from the battery wasn’t properly attached to the socket. I fastened the cable and then went on a hunt for one of the magnets that hold the chargercable, only to find that it had jumped over and attached itself on the other one.
Took me 2 hours to figure out why I couldn’t close the back cover. :grin:

zuul

yes:( happened to me with not one watch and i had to buy them.

It worked! The clock works like a charm. Good batterytime now. :smiley:

May 16, 2018 16:15:31 GMT 1 capt jon said:

I had similar problems with my I4Air after about a month’s use. While I’m not claiming it is the only or best solution, what I did worked for me. Now I get about 24 to 40 hours from a full charge, depending on amount of use, and it will go to 15% and activate the Battery Saver function and then drain all the way to 0 before shutting off. 

I utilize two apps. First I run the Battery repair app, after a restart and with all apps turned off.  Use the “Recent Tasks” feature to turn them off.  It will check the condition of the battery cells and repair any not functioning correctly. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battery.batteryrepairlife

I then restart the watch and run the second app, following the directions for the app.  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.batteryapps.batterycalibration 
You have to run the calibration app with the watch “on” and the app open, again follow the directions or it will not work as intended.

The calibration process will not complete or work properly until the charge level reaches 100%. If it only charges to 99% and stops, disconnect the charge cable and reconnect it. This will reactivate the charging circuit and it will continue at a slow charge rate, which is normal. By observing the volt/amp meter I use to charge my watch it normally reduces the amperage charge level at about 90% until it is complete. You may have to do this several times to get it to 100%. This is where the inline volt meter helps because you can see whether it has actually stopped charging at the 99% level. Once it reaches 100% remove the charge cable and follow the instructions on the screen. Once you tap the screen it will process the information and when finished you are ready to go. The only time you should have to run the calibration app again is if you notice it is shutting off before reaching an unacceptable level. Since I performed this setup I have not had any more  problems with the battery levels but it would not hurt to run the procedure on a timely basis or as needed. 

Like I said it has worked for me to solve the same issue that you are having. I emphasize though that to assure success you need to follow the directions and don’t cut corners to speed up the process.

Hi, the link to the battery calibration app doesn’t seem to work. Could you tell me the name and developer of the app please?

Dec 14, 2018 9:07:03 GMT 1 mattabbo said:
May 16, 2018 16:15:31 GMT 1 capt jon said:
I had similar problems with my I4Air after about a month's use. While I'm not claiming it is the only or best solution, what I did worked for me. Now I get about 24 to 40 hours from a full charge, depending on amount of use, and it will go to 15% and activate the Battery Saver function and then drain all the way to 0 before shutting off. 

Hi, the link to the battery calibration app doesn’t seem to work. Could you tell me the name and developer of the app please?

Not sure why I just clicked on the link from both posts and it worked. Anyway here is the info.

Hi, thanks for that. I can’t find it when searching, so I have assume it isn’t available in the UK.

Dec 14, 2018 16:21:21 GMT 1 mattabbo said:
Hi, thanks for that. I can’t find it when searching, so I have assume it isn’t available in the UK.

you do'nt need the google play store to download apks. download them directly to your watch via the browser and install them.

apkpure.com/simulated-battery-calibration/io.batteryapps.batterycalibration

Excellent, thanks!