Looking for a Wifi scheduler

I’m trying NetworkScheduler but I’m having the same problem I have with Tasker: neither app will turn on the WiFi for me when the screen is off. When I turn the screen on, and it’s at or after the scheduled time, the WiFi does come on with both apps.

I have Background Cleaner and Battery Optimization disabled for both apps.

I finally got Tasker to do the the job. The trick was to use the ‘wake device’ action of the Secure Settings plugin. I’ve also got Tasker to turn on wifi for apps that need it and turn it off when they’re done. Now that I’ve learned it a little I’m anxious to see what else I can do with Tasker+AutoInput+AutoVoice.

1 Like

First test run on my Prime: starting from a full charge, after 7 hours the battery is at 85% with 40 hours left, or 2.1% battery used per hour. This is comparable to what I get with WiFi always off. Settings used:

WiFi off except for 5 minutes at boot and 2 minutes per half hour
Phone 3g
Data off
Bluetooth on but not connected to anything
Location off
Hand bright off
Auto-sync on
Google Fit activity tracking on
HeartOnTop day tracking on

I didn’t use the watch except to check the battery a few times.

Another thing I learned how to do with Tasker is turn mobile data on/off without root, so I’m going to work on having a network connection whenever and wherever I need it without worrying about settings or excessive battery use.

1 Like

Interesting, thank you for sharing your settings and usage. Very useful.
How about those tasker settings, can they be exported/imported or otherwise shared ?
I tried having a look at tasker once, but never found out how to use it. I think with looking through one or two examples, it might help.

I’m still learning Tasker myself and my profiles are very much a work in progress, but I can share them when I’m happy with them. In the meantime these are the core actions of my sync task:

Plugin > Secure Settings > Actions > Wake device > Screen dim
Net > Wifi > Set on
Task > Wait > 15 seconds
Plugin > Autoinput > Screen off
Task > Wait > 90 seconds
Net > Wifi > Set off

There’s more to it make sure wifi isn’t turned off if another task is using it or if you turned it on manually.

2 Likes