Little hole on the bottom of Kospet Optimus Pro

my speaker is loud enough with no hole, actually louder than a couple of other watches of this kind that I have got.
I guess those with the hole must be very loud then

1 Like

I have just received my copy, with hole in the bottom. The sound is incredible, loud and clear. I am impressed.

2 Likes

Did you purchase yours from banggood? If not, lucky you. If so, and they know of this upgrade, why are they still selling the watches with the sound problem to new customers? Also, how do I contact customer service when their CONTACT US links give a “return to sender” to your email box.

I did not purchase mine and neither did @G1NT0N1C
We are given these so that we can provide customer support for Kospet.
Banggood has done nothing wrong and the little hole in the rear cover is not a new version. Our samples were sent when this model was first released.
To be clear, there are 2 different models.
One has 2gb ram and 16gb storage and the other is 3gb ram and 32gb storage.
By the way, we can’t help with Banggood issues. We can provide customer support in the way of advice and assistance with technical issues, but we are not affiliated with the sellers in any way.
Which one did you purchase?

2 Likes

I purchased the 3gb/32gb version. Kinda sucks thinking I purchased a product that was sitting on their shelves with a known issue. I’ve seen the posts about this a month before I purchased mine. If only I had seen this message board before I bought it. Maybe someone will find a solution in this board that will solve this speaker vacuum lock. I sometimes leave the sim door screw loose to equalize the pressure but it doesn’t work well.

If you really think that the little hole is causing your problem then it maybe possible to get a new rear cover.
To make sure that it is the high pressure causing the problem you can leave the sim card cover off and test it.
I have the same back cover on a KingWear KC09 (same as the Kospet Optimus Pro) with no little hole and my speaker volume is exactly the same as the Optimus Pro with the little hole.

2 Likes

The speaker is located here on the underside of the rear cover.
On the outside there are two very small slots in the plastic which allow the sound to be heard.
These may be blocked with something and giving them a blow out with air can sometimes help.

2 Likes

Speaker vents are visible here. Be very careful when you do this. Gently blowing in there and see if it helps.

2 Likes

I discovered the problem when I decided to test out the watch’s phone capabilities. I opened the sim door, installed the sim and secured the door carefully with the screw. I saw a previous post about the sim door cracking so I was careful not to strip the screw. I made a call. For about one minute every thing sound fine. The second call I made the person sounded very low. I suggested that they speak louder. If it was not for the person being in the other room, I would have not noticed the problem was the watch. I increased the watch volume to full, played some music stored on the phone and still could not hear it. So, basic troubleshooting, I retraced my steps. Soon as I turned the sim door screw, as the door was opening the volume got louder to its maximum volume. Now when the watch volume is low, I open and close the sim door to return the the sound to normal. Sometimes as I’m closing the door, the volume gets low again. I have to remember to close it slowly. Thanks for the photos and I still don’t have a way to contact Banggood for any customer service link. Weird, huh?

One more thing. I have attempted the blow into the speakers, carefully. I assumed it was a membrane of sorts to protect the speaker from getting wet.

Can you send me a pm with your order number and a copy of the receipt.
I will see if I can help you with a new rear cover - but I can’t promise anything.

1 Like

Well, I’m a big fan of redneck-repair. If I would have this problem, I would take a 0.5mm drill and make a hole at the same Position. And cover it following with a smal piece of rubber tape at the inside.

5 Likes

Haha . I was going to suggest that :+1: . But then i thought users , drills , DIY …Mmmmm

1 Like

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu Lol I know what you mean Tim! With my “delicate touch” the first thing I would hear would be the drill bit going into the workbench! But @G1NT0N1C idea does sound like it’s worth a try. What is a pity is that you should have to alter the watch at all to get an acceptable level of speaker performance. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

I’ve had thoughts of doing that. I actually have the mini drill press to do it, but that’s my last resort.

Can we post videos here? I just made one showing the problem.

I am currently uploading a video video of the problem on my YouTube channel SKITZERFLICK. PLEASE look at it soon as the copyright bots might get to it and mute the audio or something. It’s a local artist so I don’t think they will bother it. If you do see it let me know if you can look at it or if YouTube blocked it.

Posting videos here of a problem only is okay . Many users do this as you will see . Feel free to post your youtube link .

I dont understand what you mean . Why would a video filmed showing a watch fault be blocked ? Unless you are doing something you shouldnt . A local artist ? Do not understand the relevance

1 Like

YouTube sends copywriting strikes if you use copyrighted music in your videos. They give you an option of removing the audio or replacing it with royalty free music. While this is happening your video is blocked and no one can see it. I needed the audio to show the troubleshooting of the watch.