LES1 dead suddenly

Really strange…

This morning my LES1 hanged up on the app drawer and turned off itself.

No more alive… Power button, long, short, several times. Nothing. Dead.

I’m trying now to reflash it using, as usual SP Flash Tool. No way: ERROR S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (4058) - Cannot Find Memory

pycon

if sp flash tool still see it then it is’nt dead have you tried with newer sp f.tool? and use upgrade?

Tried with SP Flash Tool 5.15 / 5.16 / 5.17 and latest 5.18.

Everything fails, upgrade, download, format and even memory test

Same error, always…

Other attempts, no way. Now no errors come out from SP Flash Tool. It simply waits to connect to something. And waits… and waits…

Oct 5, 2018 23:05:09 GMT 1 pycon said:

as long as the watch is seen by sp.f.tool it means it can be flashed, have you tried with different cable?

Yes, 3 different usb cables. Same result, SP waits forever 

Oct 6, 2018 20:26:06 GMT 1 pycon said:
Yes, 3 different usb cables. Same result, SP waits forever 

what about disconnect and reconnect the battery?

Oct 7, 2018 1:44:17 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

It could be the latest idea but how to dismantle it securely

I noticed that nothing happens in Device Management of Windows connecting LES1…

EDIT : ok, done. No need to disassemble it, just removed the back cover and remove the black connector of the battery. Nothing happens, not turning on. Now ?

Oct 7, 2018 7:20:36 GMT 1 pycon said:

Oct 7, 2018 1:44:17 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

It could be the latest idea but how to dismantle it securely

I noticed that nothing happens in Device Management of Windows connecting LES1…

EDIT : ok, done. No need to disassemble it, just removed the back cover and remove the black connector of the battery. Nothing happens, not turning on. Now ?

This morning my LES1 hanged up on the app drawer and turned off itself.
No more alive… Power button, long, short, several times. Nothing. Dead.
I’m trying now to reflash it using, as usual SP Flash Tool. No way: ERROR S_FT_GET_MEMORY_FAIL (4058) - Cannot Find Memory

Has anyone considered that the battery is dead or defective? Doesn’t the watch have to be able to power on to flash it? All the conditions he mentioned initially, shown above, would indicate to me that the watch has no power.

Oct 7, 2018 13:52:09 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Has anyone considered that the battery is dead or defective? Doesn't the watch have to be able to power on to flash it? All the conditions he mentioned initially, shown above, would indicate to me that the watch has no power.

Yes it could be but how to be sure ?! I don’t think to buy a new battery for the LES1, if the problem is not the battery I’ve just wasted time & money.

There’s a way to check it ?

if you have access to a multimeter, check and see if there’s any juice left in the battery, sometimes with really tiny connections i’ve had luck tying stripped down bread ties around the prongs on the multimeter if they are too big. i recently had to pull the battery on my watch, it seem like it might be kind of easy to mess up the terminals, so if you’ve pulled the battery in the past, it might be something to consider

fyi, cannot test from the terminals on the outside of the watch

Oct 8, 2018 4:26:15 GMT 1 b said:
if you have access to a multimeter, check and see if there's any juice left in the battery, sometimes with really tiny connections i've had luck tying stripped down bread ties around the prongs on the multimeter if they are too big. i recently had to pull the battery on my watch, it seem like it might be kind of easy to mess up the terminals, so if you've pulled the battery in the past, it might be something to consider

Yep, I’ve 2 multimeters I’ll try ! Thx

EDIT : checked, I’ve seen 2,90 - 2,91 V

i’m having trouble finding exact specs on the battery for these, if i had to guess, it should probably be in the neighborhood of 3.7v (if fully charged, just guessing) and if that’s the case i’d say it’s probably critically low. i’ve had some success reviving depleted batteries in the past by placing on charge for a few minutes, pull off charge, wait just a few seconds(like 2 seconds), put back on charge for a few minutes again and repeat. can take quite a while, especially if very dead. i think it works because the amperage is higher that split second when plugging in and it seems like that surge is what pushes it over the threshold of being able to power on or at least start to show signs of life. sometimes after reviving a dead battery they don’t fully recover i.e. shorter life but either way you’ll know if thats the problem. if i’m wrong on what the voltage should be or maybe it’s another issue, at times i’ve had success by completely removing power(battery), then hold the power button a second or two, then plug in the battery in while still holding the power button. good luck, be patient with it if it’s depleted, maybe use higher amp wall plug if you have one

side note: reviving the depleted battery: since it’s kind of a drawn out process, i’d be more inclined to just have it on a charger near by so you’ll remember to do it periodically, if my theory is correct it’s more dependent on the whole plugging and unplugging but be sure to leave it connected at least a few minutes in between

Well, 2 off topic updates :

1. Gearbest replies to me that it’s possible to repair it for free. I’ll send the LES1 to Spain and they (maybe) will repair it and send me back (in 2, 6… N months ?!)

1. In the while, the new smartwatch arrived this morning. Microwear H2. Well, USB cable not working

Only charging, USB connection with my notebooks not working. But using old Lemfo Les1 USB dock, everything is working fine… Bad cable… I’m always lucky !

Oct 8, 2018 16:11:00 GMT 1 b said:
i'm having trouble finding exact specs on the battery for these, if i had to guess, it should probably be in the neighborhood of 3.7v (if fully charged, just guessing) and if that's the case i'd say it's probably critically low. i've had some success reviving depleted batteries in the past by placing on charge for a few minutes, pull off charge, wait just a few seconds(like 2 seconds), put back on charge for a few minutes again and repeat. can take quite a while, especially if very dead. i think it works because the amperage is higher that split second when plugging in and it seems like that surge is what pushes it over the threshold of being able to power on or at least start to show signs of life. sometimes after reviving a dead battery they don't fully recover i.e. shorter life but either way you'll know if thats the problem. if i'm wrong on what the voltage should be or maybe it's another issue, at times i've had success by completely removing power(battery), then hold the power button a second or two, then plug in the battery in while still holding the power button. good luck, be patient with it if it's depleted, maybe use higher amp wall plug if you have one

I use an inline voltmeter to monitor the charging cycle of my watches. Before connecting the watch the charger voltage reads 5V. While charging it reads about 4.7V which would leave me to believe when charged it would read less than 5V since it requires a higher voltage than the battery to charge. Like the Lem 7 battery bank charger. With a full charge it will charge the watch battery to about 50 to 60%. At that point the two batteries equalize and the bank cannot continue to charge the watch battery.

thanks for speaking up, just taking a wild guess, either way that battery would be considered dead

Tomorrow I’ll ship it to Gearbest warranty service and I presume… I’ll never see back my watch

Oct 11, 2018 21:01:14 GMT 1 pycon said:
Tomorrow I'll ship it to Gearbest warranty service and I presume... I'll never see back my watch

why not buy from aliexpress or alibaba way better prices and better warrenty. btw, i insist that as long as it can be recognized by sp f.tool you can save it.