lem5 battery savings and automatization

hey all,

experienced two interesting things on my watch:

1. deep sleep is never used ? after activating deep sleep have a higher battery use in standby

anybody experiencing the same? is it the radio that can not shut down?

1. using e-robot and secure settings i can shu down 3g on display off, but don’t get it on when display turn on (have to do manually, e-robot command will fail)

an work around?

1. No

2. Had the same experiences with tasker and/or juice defender. Now I use xposed (with root) and “smart network”-module, it seems working. There is also “greenify” to force deep sleep, that can use xposed for more functionality.

Aug 18, 2017 11:15:09 GMT 1 chromax said:
1. No
  1. Had the same experiences with tasker and/or juice defender. Now I use xposed (with root) and “smart network”-module, it seems working. There is also “greenify” to force deep sleep, that can use xposed for more functionality.

i use greenify with exposed.
will try the smart network module. thx for that.

anyhow the deepsleep is stated as never used. i don’t force it to ds, while like i say, i had a higher battery usage afterwards. most apps are hibernated though

I also had this an other strange behaviours. After flashing a firmware from here, it works better. Less of this shitty small problems. So maybe it is the way to go. You should beware of flashing the w616 or w618 firmware. The wrong one will not work and untick the “boot” part.

Aug 23, 2017 11:53:12 GMT 1 chromax said:
I also had this an other strange behaviours. After flashing a firmware from here, it works better. Less of this shitty small problems. So maybe it is the way to go. You should beware of flashing the w616 or w618 firmware. The wrong one will not work and untick the "boot" part.

which fw do you run? i have 618 chipset. i still use the original fw, but i also have to say, that despite deep sleep, its running mostly stable and fine version 1700306

Oh sorry.

I use the w618_wgl.x5plus_ddr3.common.80.emmc.w.s.170111.flash and happy with it.

Sept 25, 2017 22:53:59 GMT 1 chromax said:
Oh sorry.

I use the w618_wgl.x5plus_ddr3.common.80.emmc.w.s.170111.flash and happy with it.

i see.
just posted wrong. i think i tried this one before. but there was some problem and i reflashed with a stock image

How do I activate Deep Sleep?

Oct 10, 2017 13:57:18 GMT 1 donlombardo said:

if i'm not mistaken you need root to disable cpu.

I am rooted. How do i do it?

Oct 10, 2017 15:28:44 GMT 1 donlombardo said:
I am rooted. How do i do it?

if i'm not mistaken you need something called cpu mangager, btw, how did you root your watch? if you used kingroot you bettr remove any apps related to it from the watch and use supersu cos it drains the battery.

Rooted with supersu.

Oct 10, 2017 16:05:20 GMT 1 donlombardo said:
Rooted with supersu.

install wakelock detector and see what is waking up your watch and how many times this app you need to stop or uninstall.
Oct 10, 2017 13:57:18 GMT 1 donlombardo said:

you can do so with ds battery saver e.g. also some other apps will do it. i tried to achive this with greenify, but deep sleep will not be used, even all apps are greenified.

BUT BE AWARE: after activating deep sleep on the lemfo, i had a HIGHER battery usage during standby.

i than switched back to normal greenifying options, as described earlier in the thread (i got the best result with this).
so if you experience the same, better switch to exposed with greenify (most options), an additional boot controller (like clean master with root, or all in one toolbox), here you can take off some entries from the startup (save time and energy).
i tried also kernel audiutor, but couldn’t deactivate cores, let me know if you have more success.

last but not least, i used e-robot and secure settings, to automize sync. and as discussed earlier to de-/activate 3g connection (i think most will prefer tasker over e-robot, but i like the interface and its free), you can do also some oher funny stuff with this. follow through my threads

Oct 10, 2017 16:05:20 GMT 1 donlombardo said:
Rooted with supersu.

follow these, might be interesting:

/thread/1329/accessibility-service-enabling-using-robot

/thread/1374/battery-life-finow-lemfo-lem5

one more thing for battery

i used “repair battery life pro” and had very good reslts with it on many devices (asus zenfone 5, battery was like dead, works well now / asus zenfone 2, smaller improvement and the lemfo, with a big improvement too).
please ignore this last one, if you don’t like those apps (somebody here called it spam earlier)