Lange & Soehne ewiger Kalender

Warning: Both files needs Universal launcher!
This is a watch that does not exist. A Lange & Soehne “perpetual calendar” served me as a template. I modified the moon phase so that it now also shows the course of the day.
So far I have seen this funktion on the back of some luxury watches.
Despite the rotation of the disk, the moon always points in the correct direction.

Warning: This one is huge. The clockskin version contains more then 1000 pictures. Clockskin transfer doesn’t work, downloading via USB needs about 10 min. But it works fine on the prime, not tested on 1/16GB watches.
It was just to test if it was possible. Well, it is. Does it make sense? Who knows…
Whatever, I recommend the .watch version of this watchface, it is a normal size.

Credits:https://www.alange-soehne.com/

download clockskin:langesoehne_ewiger_kalender.zip - Google Drive

Download ".watch-file:langesoehne-ewiger-kalender.watch - Google Drive

clock_skin_model

8 Likes

Outstanding, Gin!

1 Like

Thank you, @doubledad!:blush:

What could I say? Wonderful!!! :clap:

1 Like

I’m glad you like it, @vladimir_lutzu!

Top job as always mate :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thank you, Doc. I have to confess that my right hand hurts. My wife says it sounded like a sewing machine when I made the 1000 pictures…

1 Like

Haha :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You were right about it taking about ten minutes to transfer the clockskin version to the watch, I was hoping to find that it could go faster, but no luck there. As far as I can tell it seems to be working fine on my A4 which is 1/16GB. And I hope you found some way to automate the making of the pictures(I can’t imagine making 1000 pictures manually, I might have automated it even if it was only ten)

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about automatically creating the images for a while. In the end I failed because of the software available to me - and because of my skills…
And then I replaced my lack of intelligence with hard work.

2 Likes

@G1NT0N1C I’ve just tested your clockskin version and it crashes UL. I’ve made a correction in next UL release but anyway, the issue is that the file name contains a german special character that is not recognized by the zip Android manager. Removing the special character makes the skin loadable.
So please correct the ZIP name.

1 Like

Oh, I missed that. I actually know the problem. Thanks for the hint. Fixed.
P.S. It is actually designed to be a stress test for UL. :wink:

1 Like

It was a good stress,i found an unsupported error code that was crashing UL. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two words.
HOLY CRAP!

THANK YOU SO AWESOME!

1 Like

Thank you, @Louis_Peek. :blush:

2 Likes

fantastic skin…it is by far my favorite, it is beautiful and fully functional. My one question is the window at the 6:00 position is showing what function? My shows a “4”

Dax

1 Like

Well, it’s a perpetual calendar. The 4 means that this year is a leap year. See a 1 next year, a 2 the next and a 3 the following year.
And when the 4 follows, it is another leap year.

Super…I love this one! great job

You are welcome. I’m glad you like it. Maybe Lange & Söhne realize this watch sometimes. I really hope so.

1 Like