Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

Hello! I’ve owned a prime since about December. I used it with a sim in it, and I eventually got it replaced with a new unit after the first one simply refused to open.
On the new unit I have the v1.5, as I had on the old one too.
I was considering flashing the v1.8, however, I’m not completely sure how that would work.
My prime isn’t rooted, should it be in order to flash the new version? Im also using windows 10 on my laptop, so installing the driver is a bit complicated from what I read in the older posts.
Moreover, from the response marcomdg put 2 days ago it sounds as if v1.8 will be available OTA soonish, even for the v1.5 devices.
Bottom line is, should I wait for the OTA update, or should I try the flashing method?

1 Like

Please provide the download point for V1.8

Here you go:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hm6Ogrnr5GnC3h2KvtJgWOooPKzffBUv/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

I had upgraded V1.7 , but i found the value of the heart rate detector is too fast than true value !

It seems that the file of ~ log ~ is missing !

I have used this and nothing is missing ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hm6Ogrnr5GnC3h2KvtJgWOooPKzffBUv/view?usp=sharing 40

2 Likes

Please tell me,which version of sp_flash_Tool to use ?

This one

Thanks

1 Like

After a couple of failed tries, I managed to update my Prime to v1.8. However, I had to use the latest version of SP Flash Tool from their site, the version in the FlashingTutorial zip didn’t work for me, gave some sort of “PMT not found” message, no matter if watch was turned off, on, or restarted. With version 5.1924 of the SP Flash Tool it worked from the first try.

I agree that these android watches lack some sort of build quality. I was hooked up on stand alone watches ever since I saw the first Samsung one with sim option and the LG urbane, but the Prime is the first one I got to buy. I would’ve liked a Samsung or Huawei with Sim, but none was available in my country at the time of buy.
Despite the lack of quality in the materials used and the slow software updates, im pretty happy with the experience and it feels like an undervalued concept. Having a standalone phone at my wrist felt awesome, 90% I didn’t feel like I actually needed a real phone. It’s really a pity that larger companies don’t want to invest more in the smartwatch-phone development, for whatever reason, since this cheaper watches show that it is tehnically possible to have such items.

One question to the more experienced users, is it ok to use a quick-charger with the Prime (I have a 15W one-haven’t used it yet)? What charger voltage-amperage would be safe to use for the battery since the pack doesn’t come with one nor does it contain instructions for this?

1 Like

Hi,can you provide the sp_flash_tool V5.1924 link for download,thank you very much !

Hey! I’m not allowed to share links in my posts.
Just google SPFlashTool, it’s the first result, the site with the same name as the tool. It has every available version in the download section of that page.

2 Likes

on spflashtools.com you can get up to v5.1952

3 Likes

I could have sworn I posted this in the top post?

1 Like

I would like to ask a question, what is the difference between version V1.7 and V1.8 ?
(My Kospet prime’s firmware is V1.7)

I dont have any log about different versions.
But, each of them brings fix or/and enhancement. So we have to be confident about upgrading.
It could be bugged, but its quite rare.
And after installing, 1_8b runs well, without any problem for me…

1 Like

V1.8 works fine as posted above so dont worry at all

1 Like

So I don’t get much in the way of change logs.
V1.7 was introduced to solve an issue with heart rate sensor not working properly for people with very dark skin.

V1.8 is apparently just about bugfix and more vibration functions…

2 Likes

I have many problem with 1.8 after flash and hard reset I still have a significant heating problem and battery that quickly drains in 3G DATA, in 1.6 no problem

I have the same heating problem only if I use the Universal Launcher. With the Stock Launcher everything is perfect.

This is strange as i have no issues at all after flashing . Personally i would flash again and full reset afterwards .