Kospet Optimus Pro - buzz in low power mode, Dead Heart Rate Monitor

Kospet Optimus Pro - constant buzz in low power mode , dead heart rate monitor all modes

00:10 = Power On Android
00:56 = Boot LITE OS
01:02 = Buzz / Silent Alarm begins
01:03 = LITE OS on Watch Face Display - Buzz / Silent Alarm continues
01:24 = Reboot into Android - Buzz / Silent Alarm continues
01:49 = Reboot into Android - Buzz / Silent Alarm stops
02:00 = Full Android 7.1.1 Watch Face Display
02:22 = Firmware Version Screen
02:49 = Android Heart Rate Monitor = not working
03:18 = Boot LITE OS
03:27 = Buzz / Silent Alarm begins again
03:33 = LITE OS on Watch Face Display - Buzz / Silent Alarm continues

===

I just returned my Kospet Optumus Pro - nothing but problems

Pay attention to these details:

Fresh out of the box - you must setup the watch for language and body height/weight/gender - then when the QR code pops up - follow the exact procedure on video below to install the SPECIAL VERSION of WiiWatch 2 app on your Android phone
https://youtu.be/WquMzVsXBmk

Avoid the WiiWatch 2 app on Google Play Store here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weitetech.WiiWatchPro&hl=en_US

This is crucial procedure for all owners of the Kospet Optimus Pro - as this special WiiWatch 2 app version is required to install all the latest firmware for each processor in the Kospet Optimus Pro

On my Kospet Optimus Pro, problems began right after I installed Google Chrome Browser - (to gain access to all my Google account password credentials for all the URL web sites I participate on ( lots of forums)) - the Heart Monitor stopped working, and the raise watch to enable the watch display stopped working too. Next I entered the new Low Power mode , and thats when I discovered the Watch internal silent alarm buzzer would start, and never stop and just remained buzzing the whole time - sadly I made this discovery after the watch had been sitting on a desk buzzing for 15 minutes straight!
Only recourse is turn off the watch - but that did not function until after I placed the watch in the USB charging cradle , then it responded to the upper right side power button ( long 30 second press) - after a full 2 hour charge , I removed all apps, and verified I had the latest firmware version
Kospet Optimus Pro firmware reports

Build Number = Kospet_Optimus_Pro_V1.5_20190523

KERNEL VERSION = 4.4.22
Thu May 23 16:56 10CST 2019

Baseband Version MOLYLR12A R2.MP.V5.23.P10

SERIAL NUMBER - 0123456789ABCDEF ( WTF?)
Frankly it smells like I may have a counterfeit Optimus Pro - other owners might want to review their "About Watch properties and inspect their serial number , as surely a S/N of “1234567890ABCDEF” is not valid!
https://youtu.be/0Ne11J7U-0w
Here are the results - no third party apps installed and no Sim Card installed
= non stop buzzing in low power mode at all times - and no remedy from Kospet Support -they point me to "FullAndroidWatch.com forum
https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.com/t/kospet-optimus-pro-constant-buzz-in-low-power-mode/47540

And tell me “Update firmware and reset” - did that several times - no fix

Had to return watch to Ebay seller

Just to be on the safe side have you tried to update the firmware ( ignoring what the wiiwatch app says ) . Just to be on the safe side . If you can update go for it then do a full factory reset regardless . Let us know how you get on

1 Like

I have the same problem. I noticed it behaving that way after installing Clockskin Transfer and Universal Launcher. I don’t know if that’s really the cause, haven’t tried un-installing said apps yet. Got my Optimus Pro from Bangood.

1 Like

Okay , is yours also 100% on the latest firmware ?

Yes. May 23, 2019. I still haven’t contacted Kospet after-sales though.

This was the recommended corrective procedure for Kospet Optimus Pro - constant buzz in low power mode , dead heart rate monitor all modes ) from my supplier
search youtube for elantric video named: “Kospet Optimus Pro Firmware update , Reset”
(No URL links allowed here on this forum severely limits my ability to communicate here)

Search Youtube for “elantric” youtube channel and my two Kospet Optimus Pro videos:
“Kospet Optimus Pro - constant buzz in low power mode”
“Kospet Optimus Pro Firmware update , Reset”

WiiWatch 2 reports software version is up to date version 2.2.9
(note - and this version suffers many popup error messages “function not supported for low power devices” - even when my LG V20 Android 8.0 phone was fully connected via Bluetooth to Kospet Optimus Pro running Full android mode

Kospet Optimus Pro firmware reports Build Number = Kospet_Optimus_Pro_V1.5_20190523

KERNEL VERSION = 4.4.22 Thu May 23 [16:56]10CST 2019

Baseband Version MOLYLR12A R2.MP.V5.23.P10

SERIAL NUMBER - 0123456789ABCDEF
( based my my S/N # smells like a counterfeit watch to me ) -
purchased May 7, 2019 from Ebay Seller “hwworthbuying6” - watch arrived May 22, 2019

I had dead ends and no support and my 30 day ebay return window was evaporating -
Ultimately I had to return the watch to the ebay seller “hwworthbuying6”
Reason: -Dead Heart Rate Monitor - which my theory is the non stop buzzing from silent alarm (mine once buzzed for 15 minutes straight) vibration may have broke the internal heart rate sensor hardware , and if I queried Settings, “About Watch”, “Status” I saw my Kospet Optimus Pro’s Serial Number reported as: “1234567890ABCDEF” which smelled like I may have purchased a counterfeit watch "Ebay Seller “hwworthbuying6” suggested update firmware and perform a reset - I tried everything, and attempted to contact all available Kospet Support (which was useless ) - all roads pointed me here: to fullandroidwatch forum

Yes - I also tried installing Clockskin Transfer" app - and that might be one source of the buzzing issues -I uninstalled Clockskin Transfer using Google Play Store app - I also installed Google Chrome browser - to gain support for Youtube -and in degugging the buzzing issue I I uninstalled Google Chrome" using Google Play Store app

Just curious, did you install the WiiWatch app from the Play Store?
The play store version is not really tuned for the Dual chip design.
The best way to install the most compatible version is to scan the QR code on your watch and download it directly.
Firmware version 1.5 is currently the latest version of firmware available for download.
However V1.7 is almost ready and will be pushed as an OTA very soon.
I will upload it anyway as soon as I get it - the full version not OTA.
Yes the marketing@kospet.com email address is the best one to use when it comes to hardware issues. General software and technical support is provided by us and that’s why their website links you to us.
If the problem is hardware related and cannot be fixed we usually contact Kospet and give them details of the problem and arrange for warranty replacement or repair.

In this case you have done the correct thing and contacted the seller because it is their responsibility to look after you. The seller should replace or refund their customer and then they take it up with Kospet.

I have not tried using the Play Store WiiWatch app with these new dual chip watches because it is aimed at the regular watches but my guess is that this is contributing to the problem.
I will be testing this.

1 Like

I think I need to talk to them about BT apps and compatibility issues with the new dual system.
Seems to be a lot of regular BT apps are having issues.

1 Like

UPDATE
I tried to replicate your issue with the buzzing but I can’t seem to manage it on both WiiWatch apps.
In your video it is instant so it’s not related to WiiWatch.
Just a thought - did you get the watch wet? I noticed that you were wiping it at the start of the video.
It is pretty clear that this is faulty device and you were correct to return it.
Especially after a factory reset makes no difference.
Let me know if you have problems with the seller and I will try to help.
It is a public holiday in China this weekend and Monday so you might not get any response until Tuesday.

1 Like

How can you say dont buy ANY dual mode watch ? You bought ONE and have had a bad experience which Pablo11 has tried to help you with ? As he said there is a new firmware imminent and also a updated wiiwatch also imminent . The support which you say is poor " Is Here " and looking at the timeline has been very quick so how can you say it is poor ?

1 Like

better advice is here

Members are only blocked when forum rules are broken ? I have no idea what you did but you must have done something . As for being on the other side . One thing you may not know is Pablo11 and the mods on here do all there work for free with no reward . And i mean NO rewards apart from they have a passion for smartwatches . Keep that in mind …

3 Likes

I can appreciate that - I run a support site for Roland / Boss guitar MFX - with no income as well
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php

Fair enough . Lets all chill out :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Tim. :+1:

So anyway, in the interests of trying to find a root cause for the problem I have replicated the circumstances and I am still unable to reproduce this issue.
That does not mean that I have any doubts about what has been said though.
I’ve reported the problem to Kospet in detail and included the video in the interests of finding more information about it.
They offered to refund or replace so please let me know if you have any issues with the ebay seller.

About the WiiWatch app - yes that video you have tagged is made by us - instructions on how to install it are included in the manual that comes with the watch - so we haven’t made any special announcements about it here. We will do this now.

To be honest the version that comes from the QR on the watch is exactly the same as the Play Store version at the moment. So this has nothing to do with the issue. I have checked this and it is true.
There is a new version coming but it’s not published yet.

The error message about low power mode that comes from some functions in the WiiWatch2 app is due to the new BT chip and compatibily issue with WiiWatch. This is going to be addressed in the new version hopefully.

1 Like

@Elantric we have found the logs for what happened to your account.
It is our extremely over sensitive security.
The logs say that you were “typing too fast” for Gods sake :joy:
We will fix this and I want you to know that we have no intention of blocking people for no reason.

However, I want to ask you to edit your post up above telling people that the product should not be purchased.
Its not ok to blast the product because you had a bad experience with it.
Hundreds have been sold and do not have this problem. Please review your comment.
It’s like me saying don’t buy Fender products because I bought one and it was faulty. Do you see what I mean?
Kospet are very disappointed with this and they have contacted the ebay seller.
Here is a snip of the conversation I had with the director of the company… He says that they have tried to replicate your issue as well but failed. Although they are not doubting your report…

2 Likes

Just to provide clarity and steps to reproduce -

Fresh out of the box my Kospet Optimus Pro worked well - no issues
installed a SIM Card (Speedtalk GSM from Amazon) - watch still worked

i was seeking additional clock faces - so I installed ClockSkin Transfer - but this app did not work - could not connect to the numerical URL site to obtain clock faces

However thats when I first discovered that upward wrist motion would NOT activate the clock face

So I removed the SIM card, and did a full erase and reset - and finally after the watch went to sleep, the wrist motion would activate the watch face again.

Next I tried installing Youtube - first using the built App store app - but was not happy with the results
On June 3 I updated the Kospet Optimus Pro firmware direct on the watch using WI-FI, ( not using WiiWatch 2) , and as I recall there was no additional firmware update via Wi-Fi for the NRF52840
so I figured I would install full Google Chrome Browser from Google Play Store - after I logged in with my Google account on Chrome Browser, that provided a full android experience - with full access to all my Bookmarks and forum passwords and I could watch Youtube within Chrome browser and all my Youtube subscriptions were available - so far so good -

but now I tried to enter low power mode, and thats when i first observed to constant buzzing of silent alarm in low power mode anomaly - - I tried to re-enter full power mode by holding down the upper right side button - but none of the buttons were functional - My watch exhibited same issue seen in Mikhails video here

Finally I was able to place the watch back in the USB charge cradle while buzzing and hold the upper right side button down and finally I could turn off the watch power and stop the buzzing - I let it charge for 2 hours

Upon restart into full android mode I noticed my heart rate monitor no longer functioned - so I checked for new firmware via Wi-Fi - (none available), and I removed all apps i had installed ( using the google play store app on the watch to uninstall ClockSkin Transfer , and uninstall Google CHROME Browser) , removed the SIM card, then did a full erase / reset - the result is seen in my 1st post in this thread:

• Heart rate monitor not working in any mode
    *Anytime I enter low power mode, the silent alarm goes off and never stops , until i re-enter high power full Android mode

Hopefully with this info - Kospet can duplicate the issue and correct the firmware - or have better training for USA folks, maybe my problem is I was not supposed to use Google Play store to remove the apps I installed ?

regardless - my watch has already been sent back to the ebay seller "hwworthbuying6” for a refund

I did enjoy the watch before its developed these issues, and perhaps in another month or two new firmware for Kospet Optimus Pro may address these issues

Thanks for your cooperation mate and again, apologies for our over sensitive security system.
This is very detailed and useful information and it will be used by the Kospet team to look for the cause. :+1:
I spent some time with them yesterday and they were saying that they have a couple customers reporting this issue and you are one of them.
Currently it looks like defective hardware or failed process during manufacture. We will know a lot more once the faulty devices have been returned and inspected.

2 Likes

Another Kospet Optimus Pro owner with dead heart rate monitor

1 Like