Kospet Hooe gps problem

Dear friends!
My Kospet Hope watch can not find the GPS signal.

I have installed a gps test application but can’t find a satellite.
Could you tell me,what should I do?
Pifi

Jan 14, 2019 22:05:28 GMT 1 pifi said:
Dear friends! My Kospet Hope watch can not find the GPS signal.

Pifi

Have u done the usual . Checked the firmware is the latest then done a factory reset ?

Hi, i have the same problem…no fix.
You found a solution? I not:(

Jan 24, 2019 7:35:52 GMT 1 iandhope said:
Hi, i have the same problem...no fix. . You found a solution? I not:(

Strange . I was about to report gps on this Watch is the fastest gps lock i have seen . Faster than lem8 and lemx . Do you both have the latest firmware installed via OTA update ? . Have you tried a factory reset and start again .

Good morning, last firmware, original launcher… A reset would be hard work again:). But ok, i try it. With google maps i get no location with gps only. Gps test app shows me 22 views, but no fix.
Greatings

Jan 24, 2019 9:36:43 GMT 1 iandhope said:
Good morning, last firmware, original launcher... A reset would be hard work again:). But ok, i try it. With google maps i get no location with gps only. Gps test app shows me 22 views, but no fix. . Greatings

hello, i have the same problem, i just factory reset the watch for the third time and  with GPS only activated, google maps get no location too, GPS status apk shows 17-22 satellites on view but no lock. I already ordered the data cable to see if  i can repair it with root. Ah, i´ve got the problem with Wifi Mac changing every time Wifi connect/disconnect. greetings

Hi, yes … same same. Factory resset was no solution too. Wifi mac i dont no/i no understand:)
Greatings

A new version of firmware is coming to fix the Mac address changing on reboot.

The GPS problem seems to be very random.

I will talk to Kospet about it.

pablo11 AvatarJan 25, 2019 5:50:04 GMT pablo11 said:

I’m desperate. The clock could be very good if the gps were working. But some important applications don’t work at all. But I’ve tried everything.

I have the same problem.
The clock has the latest firmware and the factory reset was not a solution.
Can not lock gps.

Please understand that it is currently Chinese new year and they will be on holiday for a a couple of weeks.
Some others in the main support thread here have managed to fix this problem on their Hope watches.

Jan 31, 2019 22:10:08 GMT hjor said:
I have the same problem. The clock has the latest firmware and the factory reset was not a solution. Can not lock gps.

Shame as the GPS on this watch is nothing short of outstanding . Super fast lock in bad weather !
Jan 14, 2019 21:05:28 GMT pifi said:
Dear friends! My Kospet Hope watch can not find the GPS signal.

Pifi

Jan 24, 2019 6:35:52 GMT iandhope said:
Hi, i have the same problem...no fix. . You found a solution? I not:(

Jan 24, 2019 14:25:30 GMT gabrikira said:
Jan 24, 2019 8:36:43 GMT iandhope said:
Good morning, last firmware, original launcher... A reset would be hard work again:). But ok, i try it. With google maps i get no location with gps only. Gps test app shows me 22 views, but no fix. . Greatings

hello, i have the same problem, i just factory reset the watch for the third time and  with GPS only activated, google maps get no location too, GPS status apk shows 17-22 satellites on view but no lock. I already ordered the data cable to see if  i can repair it with root. Ah, i´ve got the problem with Wifi Mac changing every time Wifi connect/disconnect. greetings

I have the same problem. The clock has the latest firmware and the factory reset was not a solution. Can not lock gps.

guys, when you say gps do'nt work, have you tried outside first? i get a lock very fast on my Hope and no issue and mine is not up to date, which app are you using? with google map it works but not with any but not every gps test app is good.

Feb 18, 2019 17:19:59 GMT soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 14, 2019 21:05:28 GMT pifi said:
Dear friends!
My Kospet Hope watch can not find the GPS signal.

Pifi

Jan 24, 2019 6:35:52 GMT iandhope said:
Hi, i have the same problem…no fix.
You found a solution? I not:(

Jan 24, 2019 14:25:30 GMT gabrikira said:

I have the same problem.
The clock has the latest firmware and the factory reset was not a solution.
Can not lock gps.

guys, when you say gps do'nt work, have you tried outside first? i get a lock very fast on my Hope and no issue and mine is not up to date, which app are you using? with google map it works but not with any but not every gps test app is good.

Think i spoke too soon . I'm outside , clear skies , good weather , latest firmware . I am now getting random days with No Gps lock ? It goes from outstanding to nothing standing in the same area ? Yesterday nothing nowhere . Today back to normal . I always use the same running app and gps test . Bizzare
pablo11 AvatarJan 25, 2019 5:50:04 GMT pablo11 said:

Evening Pablo , hope you are all well . As Pierce and i now also have the same intermittent GPS lock problem we have been testing and re-testing the watch to try and figure out the cause . It appears if you never turn off the GPS ever , when u open a running app or GPS test app as example the lock is very very fast outside. If you turn off the GPS some days it struggles to wake up fully and get a lock at all ? I have days outside , clear sky etc and can get a whole day of no lock . Same place etc . All testing done with no - sim / no - wifi / latest firmware .

Just thought we would let u know

Regards

Tim and Pierce ( he says hi :wink: )

Tim And Pierce Collins

Thanks for this feedback mate.
This is very constructive and gives me something to work with.
I’ll let you know how I get on with it.
Cheers
Pablo :+1:

pablo11 AvatarFeb 22, 2019 0:48:08 GMT pablo11 said:Tim And Pierce Collins

Thanks for this feedback mate.
This is very constructive and gives me something to work with.
I’ll let you know how I get on with it.
Cheers
Pablo :+1:

Your welcome . I know sonia uses Gps all the time and i’m pretty sure i once read on a post she never turns it off ( i could have dreamt this lol ) . Which could be why she doesnt have this problem

Thanks

I know why the problem exists but fixing it will be tricky.
It’s all due to the GPS config being set up for China.
To change it requires root access or an adjustable config which is what I will be working on.

This is why it takes so long to re-establish the connection once you have turned it off and on again.

must be very random got mine 2 days and used gps turn by turn worked great