IQI I4 Pro 2GB/16GB Firmware backup

I have a IQI I4 Pro with AQR-LAUNCH-i4Pro-1602-Fitness-HEHUI-NHT-V01-20171121 firmware

Before tweaking the watch i’d like to make a proper backup/dump of this firmware, so i can go back to it, and share it.
I already did so with SP FlashTool (Readback into one big file) and MTK Droid Tool (parse the big Readback file into partitions images) for some other device, so i wanted to do the same.
For now it failed.

And now the questions :

First : is “I4 Pro” the same as “I4 with 2GB” mentionned there ?

Second : is MT6580 and MT6580M the same or at least close ?

Third : i tried using the scatter file from the “I4 with 2GB” firmware, i could Readback most of the partitions, but MTK Droid tool finds the file is corrupted.
I suspect that the scatter file is not the correct one for the I4 Pro.
I tried to create a scatter file using MTK Droid Tools (after tweaking its config file so it accetps to do it for MT6580M), but the result has bad partition sizes.
Any thoughts about how to do such a dump/backup ?

Fourth and last : is it normal that i can’t find any official firmware for I4 Pro ?
For I4 (not Pro), i’m surprised that i could only find firmwares here, using files uploaded to mega (or so) by users, but nothing “really official”.

Thanks !

Feb 3, 2018 14:03:06 GMT 1 pix106 said:
I have a IQI I4 Pro with AQR-LAUNCH-i4Pro-1602-Fitness-HEHUI-NHT-V01-20171121 firmware

Before tweaking the watch i’d like to make a proper backup/dump of this firmware, so i can go back to it, and share it.
I already did so with SP FlashTool (Readback into one big file) and MTK Droid Tool (parse the big Readback file into partitions images) for some other device, so i wanted to do the same.
For now it failed.

And now the questions :

First : is “I4 Pro” the same as “I4 with 2GB” mentionned there ?

Second : is MT6580 and MT6580M the same or at least close ?

Third : i tried using the scatter file from the “I4 with 2GB” firmware, i could Readback most of the partitions, but MTK Droid tool find the file is corrupted.
I suspect that the scatter file is not the correct one for the I4 Pro.
I tried to create a scatter file using MTK Droid Tools (after tweaking its config file so it accetps to do it for MT6580M), but the result has bad partition sizes.
Any thoughts about how to do such a dump/backup ?

Fourth and last : is it normal that i can’t find any official firmware for I4 Pro ?
For I4 (not Pro), i’m surprised that i could only find firmwares here, using files uploaded to mega (or so) by users, but nothing “really official”.

Thanks !

Looks like this one...

/thread/1995/

pablo11 AvatarFeb 3, 2018 14:11:47 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Looks like this one...

/thread/1995/

Thanks.
I have a I4 Pro not Air, it’s the one without a camera, are they actually the same ? Or is it the same as I4 “not pro” 2GB/16GB ?

Feb 3, 2018 14:22:51 GMT 1 pix106 said:

pablo11 AvatarFeb 3, 2018 14:11:47 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Looks like this one…

/thread/1995/

Thanks.
I have a I4 Pro not Air, it’s the one without a camera, are they actually the same ? Or is it the same as I4 “not pro” 2GB/16GB ?

They are the same. Both have 2gb ram and 16gb storage. You can try flashing without the pre-loader ticked. Download only mode in the flash tool. Just to make sure that it works.
Feb 3, 2018 14:22:51 GMT 1 pix106 said:
Thanks. I have a I4 Pro not Air, it's the one without a camera, are they actually the same ? Or is it the same as I4 "not pro" 2GB/16GB ?

They are the same. Both have 2gb ram and 16gb storage. You can try flashing without the pre-loader ticked. Download only mode in the flash tool. Just to make sure that it works.
They are the same : I4 pro and I4 air, or I4pro and I4 2GB ?

I may try some day.
But the original topic here is getting a backup of what I have today, before trying anything else

I can’t get MTK Droid Tools to do my own backup, it fails.
Someone told about the exact firmware I have in an other thread, I hope he can give a link to download it.

As soon as I have a backup I will try flashing things, building latest TWRP, try to build Cm12.1 or AOSP 5.1

Feb 4, 2018 9:32:14 GMT 1 pix106 said:

Someone told about the exact firmware I have in an other thread, I hope he can give a link to download it.

As soon as I have a backup I will try flashing things, building latest TWRP, try to build Cm12.1 or AOSP 5.1

You can get a backup using SP Tools.
Just google search SP Tools readback. You cannot use Droid Tools. It has not been supported since 4.4.
Even using SP Tools you can not backup the boot sector.

Feb 4, 2018 9:32:14 GMT 1 pix106 said:
They are the same : I4 pro and I4 air, or I4pro and I4 2GB ?

I may try some day.
But the original topic here is getting a backup of what I have today, before trying anything else

You can get a backup using SP Tools.
Just google search SP Tools readback. You cannot use Droid Tools. It has not been supported since 4.4.
Even using SP Tools you can not backup the boot sector.
That’s what I’m trying to do, as described in first post. But if I don’t need mtk DT, how to parse the big dump file i get from readback into usable individual partitions ?
I successfully did so before with a MT8127 android 5.0 tablet

Feb 4, 2018 9:51:29 GMT 1 pix106 said:

You need to do some research about it. There are many how to pages on the Web about how to do it.

That's what I'm trying to do, as described in first post. But if I don't need mtk DT, how to parse the big dump file i get from readback into usable individual partitions ? I successfully do so with a MT8127 android 5.0 tablet

You need to do some research about it. There are many how to pages on the Web about how to do it.
By the way, if you give me the exact details of your current firmware (in Settings /About /) I will make sure that you don't need a backup. I will get the exact version.
That's what I'm trying to do, as described in first post. But if I don't need mtk DT, how to parse the big dump file i get from readback into usable individual partitions ? I successfully do so with a MT8127 android 5.0 tablet

Ok thanks, I'll search if there are other tools to slice the dump file, but for now all my searches lead me to SPFT + MTK DT. The simpler way would be to get a downloadable version of the firmware, as someone got in the other thread

Where is the official iqi download page ?

Feb 4, 2018 10:02:35 GMT 1 pix106 said:

Where is the official iqi download page ?

Can you tell me what version you have at the moment please?

pablo11 AvatarFeb 4, 2018 9:58:01 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
pablo11 AvatarFeb 4, 2018 9:55:16 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

By the way, if you give me the exact details of your current firmware (in Settings /About /) I will make sure that you don't need a backup. I will get the exact version.

(I see this post after replying to the previous one)

It’s
AQR-LAUNCH-i4Pro-1602-Fitness-HEHUI-NHT-V01-20171121
Do you need some other info ?

Feb 4, 2018 10:04:57 GMT 1 pix106 said:

pablo11 AvatarFeb 4, 2018 9:58:01 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
By the way, if you give me the exact details of your current firmware (in Settings /About /)
I will make sure that you don’t need a backup. I will get the exact version.

It’s

No, that is fine. Sorry, I see you posted it earlier. I will see what I can do. I work with the firmware provider so it should not be a problem. I'll let you know asap. Cheers.
Feb 4, 2018 10:04:57 GMT 1 pix106 said:

It’s

No, that is fine. Sorry, I see you posted it earlier. I will see what I can do. I work with the firmware provider so it should not be a problem. I'll let you know asap. Cheers.
Ok thanks !

Solved by this : /thread/2084/all-2gb-16gb-models-air

Feb 7, 2018 10:49:43 GMT 1 pix106 said:
Solved by this : /thread/2084/all-2gb-16gb-models-air

Yep, I uploaded them all yesterday. Glad it worked.
Cheers
Pablo