1. Go to Settings.
  2. choose security.
  3. choose recovery.
  4. advanced startup - restart.
  5. choose Troubleshoot.
    6.advanced options.
  6. startup settings.
  7. restart
  8. choose 7 by clicking on number 7 on the keyboard.
  9. after the pc restart itself install the drivers.

then go to - /thread/75/guide-usb-mtp-device-issue after doing these steps your watch will be recognized and ready to be used with the pc.

a video:   

Looked at post which settings does bot even find watch?

batch file to switch quickly to Win 10-8. yadi.sk/i/K26w0v-Bz8Hvi

Nov 18, 2016 10:12:24 GMT 1 widow99 said:
Looked at post which settings does bot even find watch?

this is for installing drivers you need also install usb mtp.

soniasophie9697
I’ve installed drivers following your tutorial, but when I connect watch (X5+, switched off) I can see Mediatek VCOM Preload serial port only for a few seconds. Then it just disappears :confused:
What’s going on???

Jan 4, 2017 15:52:09 GMT 1 rufik said:soniasophie9697

I’ve installed drivers following your tutorial, but when I connect watch (X5+, switched off) I can see Mediatek VCOM Preload serial port only for a few seconds. Then it just disappears :confused:
What’s going on???

do you hear the connection when you connect the watch?

Nope, only battery charging animation after few seconds.

Jan 4, 2017 17:31:36 GMT 1 rufik said:

that means that drivers have'nt been installed, do the guide again which windows do you have?

Jan 4, 2017 17:37:28 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 4, 2017 17:31:36 GMT 1 rufik said:

that means that drivers have’nt been installed, do the guide again which windows do you have?

Windows 10 pro 64bit, anniversary update.
OK, I’ll try to install them again.

So I tried on my second PC (Win10 also) and the same problem :confused:
To be more detailed - after watch is connected I can see battery with thunder image on it. And Mediatek VCOM Preload serial port is present. After 2-3 seconds battery with percentage animation is shown and VCOM port disappears then.

Is there any pre-requirement for flashing X5+? Like “press and hold” some buttons? Or something else?

Jan 4, 2017 22:26:18 GMT 1 rufik said:
So I tried on my second PC (Win10 also) and the same problem :/ To be more detailed - after watch is connected I can see battery with thunder image on it. And Mediatek VCOM Preload serial port is present. After 2-3 seconds battery with percentage animation is shown and VCOM port disappears then.

Is there any pre-requirement for flashing X5+? Like “press and hold” some buttons? Or something else?

ok, if i understood you correct the watch is’nt recognized by the computer and that is ok you also need to install mtp usb but that is later, install sp flash tool and download the stock rom all to your computer and extract them. open sp flash tool and go to scatter loading file and loacate your rom file (txt) and chose it. after that make sure that downloading only is chosen and press download. shut off your watch and connect the watch to your pc and flashing will start when it finishes you’ll see a V mark.

The problem is that flashing is not starting, sp flash tool does not detect watch at all. I think due to missing VCOM serial port.

Jan 5, 2017 11:16:45 GMT 1 rufik said:
The problem is that flashing is not starting, sp flash tool does not detect watch at all. I think due to missing VCOM serial port.

1. have you made sure that the watch is off before connecting it to the computer? 2. have you made sure after doing the guide to extract the vcom drivers?

Jan 5, 2017 11:58:23 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 5, 2017 11:16:45 GMT 1 rufik said:

1. have you made sure that the watch is off before connecting it to the computer?
2. have you made sure after doing the guide to extract the vcom drivers?

1. Yes, watch is OFF before connected to PC.
  2. Yes - driver signature is off on PC, zip file downloaded from first post, unziped (see image), run InstallDriver.exe and ended up with success.

What else can be done? What serial port should I see after watch is connected to PC?

Jan 5, 2017 12:07:07 GMT 1 rufik said:

ok, let see if your computer sees the watch, go to devices manager and see if there is unidentified android device, if so then drivers are installed, if your windows is 10 so you have the right drivers, my pc also 64bit.  and now you need to install mtp usb:  

OK, I’ve managed to success, finally

1. Downloaded USB Deview and uninstalled all Mediatek drivers/devices.
  2. Installed Mediatek Preload VCOM port using “add legacy hardware” way (not .exe installer!_
  3. Connected watch (switched off) and voila! Flashing works fine

Thanks for all help soniasophie9697

Jan 5, 2017 13:03:58 GMT 1 rufik said:
OK, I've managed to success, finally
  1. Downloaded USB Deview and uninstalled all Mediatek drivers/devices.
  2. Installed Mediatek Preload VCOM port using “add legacy hardware” way (not .exe installer!_
  3. Connected watch (switched off) and voila! Flashing works fine

Thanks for all help soniasophie9697

Thanks for sharing:) 

Jan 5, 2017 12:48:07 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 5, 2017 12:07:07 GMT 1 rufik said:

ok, let see if your computer sees the watch, go to devices manager and see if there is unidentified android device, if so then drivers are installed, if your windows is 10 so you have the right drivers, my pc also 64bit. 
and now you need to install mtp usb:  

Hi Sonia
If my pc see my Watch do i still have to install vcom drivers to flash.

Cheers

Jack

hello,
I have a new Win 10 64 Bit PC and I like to have a connection to my PC with my No.1 D5 smartwatch to copy watchfaces to the clockskin folder of the watch. ( with my old PC I never had any problems, I did it so many times ).

This is what I have done so far :

1. Download VCOM.ZIP from the first post
  2. Step 1. to Step 9. from the first post ( to disable driver signature )
  3. Install driver with the device manage :
        action  -> add legacy hardware
                    -> …-> find driver in downloaded folder VCOM
                    ->  take  /win7/usb2ser_win764.inf
                    ->  ok
                    choose model ( 5 possibilities ) : MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port
                    -> go on   -> ready
  4. connect watch to PC via usv cable
  5. right click on MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COM6) in the device Manager
                    -> device software update
                    -> search on the computer
                    -> pick from a list
                    choose model : ( only one possibility ) : MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port
                    -> go on

Result : error during installation

What have I done wrong ?

update : 23.2.2017 .

I have solved my Problem, but it was done in a strange way I did not understand really.
Here is what I have done :
As I had the same problem ( missing drivers for the watch ) with another smartwatch ( my first one : Neptune Pine ), I decided to install these drivers first.
It was done similiar to the instructions of the D5.

1. set the pine-watch to “PC connect” via settings/usv-connects
  2. connect the pine to the PC, then there were 4 new Android devices with yellow sign
  3. for each I updated the driver ( right click, …, pick the pine usb_driver from the drivers list I have, install, …)
  4. after I did this for the four devices everything is ok. I changed the settings in the pine watch to “Mass Storage” and when I connect the pine to the PC I
    have full access on the devices of the pine. So far so good.

But now : if I make a connection from my D5 to the PC : now everything is ok too!! I have full access.
Means : the installation of the usb drivers for my pine is a solution to have my D5 connected to my PC as well.
But WHY ??
Can somebody explain what has happend here ?