I now have the IQ4 AIR

Initial reactions. The standard launcher is a big improvement over my Thor and I am going to hold off uploading Eric’s launcher. The App Widgets are not the red and black but similar to Eric’s or standard color widgets and two ways to display them. It has a “clockskin” folder pre-installed and I uploaded about 15 watchfaces and all work great, along with the many standard watchfaces. Have installed a folder with the App’s I normally use but have not installed most of the apps yet. Have not installed Sim yet and with a larger battery, the battery life is real good so far. Its early yet to get a true feel for the battery life. Gonna take it slow and see what effects different apps and programs have on operation and battery life. It has a single button but the first actuation goes back one step and the second turns it off. That is a good option.  And it has a camera.

Sept 19, 2017 16:16:25 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Initial reactions. The standard launcher is a big improvement over my Thor and I am going to hold off uploading Eric's launcher. The App Widgets are not the red and black but similar to Eric's or standard color widgets and two ways to display them. It has a "clockskin" folder pre-installed and I uploaded about 15 watchfaces and all work great, along with the many standard watchfaces. Have installed a folder with the App's I normally use but have not installed most of the apps yet. Have not installed Sim yet and with a larger battery, the battery life is real good so far. Its early yet to get a true feel for the battery life. Gonna take it slow and see what effects different apps and programs have on operation and battery life. It has a single button but the first actuation goes back one step and the second turns it off. That is a good option.  And it has a camera.

the i4 pro has a camera? i do'nt see a reason why they still make watches with camera so unnecessary thing. waiting for your reports about usage and battery:)

Sonia the IQ4 Pro does not have a camera. That is why I waited for the IQ4 AIR to be released. I believe the Pro was just the 2GB Ram model. 

From what I have been able to extract from listings the I4 came in three models.
I4 - 1GB/16GB or (less available)  memory 6580 Q4 processor.
I4 Pro - 2GB/16GB memory 6580 Q4 processor.
I4 Air - 2GB/16GB memory 6580 Q4 processor and a 2MP camera.

Smartwatch ticks mentions an I4 Plus in his comparison video but I believe that is just his way of defining the different models he reviewed and a Plus model does not
actually exist.

Why did I specifically buy the I4 Air? By buying the I4 Air as a pre-order I paid less than what I would have paid for the I4 Pro. It just made sense to get the camera for free.

Update on my life with my new  I4 Air.
Its only been four days but I am averaging about 2 days or more battery life with the  400mah battery. Battery test at bottom of post.
I installed the Sim card, Watch Droid and Hibernation Manager apps. Since the watch is not rooted the CPU controller in Hibernation Manager is not functioning but the
other functions that control which apps work while shut off, do work. 

The Cellular connection works good with a Speedtalk Sim Card, which works through TMobile. 
The other apps I have installed are: Display Brightness; Battery Repair/Calibration apps (I installed these on my phone first and find they appear to work good);
Settings Search; Sound Snip; Speech Memo; and Tippy tipper. I tried Open Camera but could not get it to work satisfactorily so I uninstalled it. The camera takes pretty 
clear pictures.

I connected my BT keyboard and used it to set up the New APN for my Sim Card. I prefer it to 99% of the keyboards available on the watch because, it defaults when connected
and does not display anything on the screen while typing. The standard keyboard works pretty well (but as with all on screen keyboards sometimes makes it hard to see what
your are typing) but I am going to try the Touch One Round Keyboard though.

I keep the watch in Airplane mode when not using cellular but I have the watch connected to my phone for notifications and did not disconnect this option thru Hibernation Manager. I received one notification last night on my watch.

I do not regularly use the gesture feature. But check the time multiple times during the day and wear the watch at night.  

I last charged the watch to 100% about 1700 last night after running the Battery Repair and Calibration apps and have 80% at 0935 this morning.

The firmware showing on the watch is: 3.10.72 Aug 4 23:20:21 CST 2017

What can I say besides I’m really liking this I4 Air over my Thor.

Update: Battery Status. 400mah battery installed.
1700 - 100%  Sep 20th  Wearing all day and night. Gesture off. Normal use for how I use watch. Airplane mode. Limited Cell when needed. BT Droid when needed. Hibernation manager on.
0935 -  80%   Sep 21  (time on 16h 35m)
0900 -  41%   Sep 22  (time on 23h 25m - cumulative 40h 0m)
1700 -  26%   Sep 22  (time on 8hr 0m - cumulative 48h 0m)
0900 -  15%   Sep 23  (time on 16h 0m - cumulative 64h 0m)
With 15% remaining that averages out to about 6.25 ma per hour used. 15% of 400mah = 40mah remaining. That works out to about 6h and 27m or a total battery life of 70 hours for this test.

I’m also loving my IQ4 Air Pro over my LEMFO LES1 (already dead from over-heating while charging) and my Thor. I love the original launcher of the IQ4, it’s very nice and polished.

I am having an annoying issue though. I has to do with the time settings since the time keeps resetting to GMT time every now and then. I have tried syn with network, GPS, manually, etc., but still it always resets to GMT. Anybody knows of a fix?

I turn off all automatic functions and set the time manually. Have not had a problem. Which tethering app are you using. I use Watch Droid on the Android watches. I believe most tethering apps will also sync your time and if all else fails would look at it. If you are going to sync to anything I would think your phone would be the best option since it should always be on local time.

Sept 26, 2017 22:38:27 GMT 1 capt jon said:
I turn off all automatic functions and set the time manually. Have not had a problem. Which tethering app are you using. I use Watch Droid on the Android watches. I believe most tethering apps will also sync your time and if all else fails would look at it. If you are going to sync to anything I would think your phone would be the best option since it should always be on local time.

I'm using WiiWatch and I did turn off all automatic updates.

Sept 19, 2017 16:32:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 19, 2017 16:16:25 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Initial reactions. The standard launcher is a big improvement over my Thor and I am going to hold off uploading Eric’s launcher. The App Widgets are not the red and black but similar to Eric’s or standard color widgets and two ways to display them. It has a “clockskin” folder pre-installed and I uploaded about 15 watchfaces and all work great, along with the many standard watchfaces. Have installed a folder with the App’s I normally use but have not installed most of the apps yet. Have not installed Sim yet and with a larger battery, the battery life is real good so far. Its early yet to get a true feel for the battery life. Gonna take it slow and see what effects different apps and programs have on operation and battery life. It has a single button but the first actuation goes back one step and the second turns it off. That is a good option.  And it has a camera.

the i4 pro has a camera? i do’nt see a reason why they still make watches with camera so unnecessary thing. waiting for your reports about usage and battery:)

It´s the only thing I really miss on my x5+. Quickly send a picture to someone (“Hey, are these the potato chips you wanted?”+Pic) is really important. Apps like WhatsApp need a camera for QR Code scanning etc.

I hate them for their animated gif at banggood

I would interested in comparison with 450mAh model. I was skeptical about the 400mAh (sometimes a typo), but it seems realistic.
Is there root available for them?

Use the IQ4 this charging pads?

The IQ4 does not use a charging pad. Mine came with the standard magnetic cable.

Added: Out of curiosity I tried the Zeblaze Thor charging pad, since these watches are similar.  It will not fit the I4 though due to the case extensions on top and bottom being narrower and keeping the pad from being able to sit against the case.

Sept 26, 2017 22:00:34 GMT 1 oscarhmeza said:
I'm also loving my IQ4 Air Pro over my LEMFO LES1 (already dead from over-heating while charging) and my Thor. I love the original launcher of the IQ4, it's very nice and polished.

I am having an annoying issue though. I has to do with the time settings since the time keeps resetting to GMT time every now and then. I have tried syn with network, GPS, manually, etc., but still it always resets to GMT. Anybody knows of a fix?

Move to the UK 

You tried setting the time zone manually I’m guessing?  When it goes back to GMT does it turn on automatic time zone and automatic time and date?

Hi.I need help.My pc does not recognize my watch. there is someone who can help me. PLEAS!!!

My first question is why are you asking this here? It should be in the “General Discussion” forum. 
Secondly when you post, a little more information would be helpful. Example would be type of watch and computer. How you are trying to connect.

What feedback are you getting from the devices etc.

Just got my i4air last week, loving it so far but it sure chews up the battery.
I get around 3/4 of a day with it then needs recharging. I have gesture off, data on, location on, mid bright screen, bluetooth on to make and take calls and wifi on but have disabled automating updating as it really kills the battery. The camera works great but hard to see what you are looking at with such a small screen. Does anyone know how to get the apps to use the full round screen and not a small square one?
cheers
Babs

Nov 5, 2017 23:17:06 GMT 1 babs said:

you should have in one of the screen right\left\up\down or long press on button where you can find the square\round display.
Just got my i4air last week, loving it so far but it sure chews up the battery. I get around 3/4 of a day with it then needs recharging. I have gesture off, data on, location on, mid bright screen, bluetooth on to make and take calls and wifi on but have disabled automating updating as it really kills the battery. The camera works great but hard to see what you are looking at with such a small screen. Does anyone know how to get the apps to use the full round screen and not a small square one? cheers Babs

Suggest you either keep the watch in Airplane mode until you actually need to use the applications like data and location. Keeping them on all the time, even when not using them will drain the battery faster. I also use Hibernation Manager which you can set up to turn off these apps when the watch is not being used but come back on when activated. I get 30 to 40 hours between charges using these features.

Nov 6, 2017 8:18:48 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

you should have in one of the screen right\left\up\down or long press on button where you can find the square\round display.

Thanks soniasophie9697, I found it and have changed it to round screen, but now some of the app menu buttons and writing are cut-off on the round screen, bit of a bummer. 
I would have thought that the apps for a round phone would be made to fit on a round screen? Even the apps like maps etc that come with the phone have menus cut off ? 
I have tried to make the writing bigger (in setup) but it only works for texts and not for all apps where the small writing is nearly impossible to read. Is there a way of making the writing bigger everywhere? 
I love my i4air but I need to tweak it a bit to make it more useable.
cheers
Babs

Nov 6, 2017 14:14:54 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Just got my i4air last week, loving it so far but it sure chews up the battery. I get around 3/4 of a day with it then needs recharging. I have gesture off, data on, location on, mid bright screen, bluetooth on to make and take calls and wifi on but have disabled automating updating as it really kills the battery. The camera works great but hard to see what you are looking at with such a small screen. Does anyone know how to get the apps to use the full round screen and not a small square one? cheers Babs

Suggest you either keep the watch in Airplane mode until you actually need to use the applications like data and location. Keeping them on all the time, even when not using them will drain the battery faster. I also use Hibernation Manager which you can set up to turn off these apps when the watch is not being used but come back on when activated. I get 30 to 40 hours between charges using these features.

Good idea, except I make and take calls via BT and texts as well. I did find a way to stop downloads and I am now getting around 18hrs on a charge but around 6-8 hrs if I am using it during the day.
Sept 21, 2017 14:51:07 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Update on my life with my new I4 Air. Its only been four days but I am averaging about 2 days or more battery life with the 400mah battery. Battery test at bottom of post. I installed the Sim card, Watch Droid and Hibernation Manager apps. Since the watch is not rooted the CPU controller in Hibernation Manager is not functioning but the other functions that control which apps work while shut off, do work.

The Cellular connection works good with a Speedtalk Sim Card, which works through TMobile.
The other apps I have installed are: Display Brightness; Battery Repair/Calibration apps (I installed these on my phone first and find they appear to work good);
Settings Search; Sound Snip; Speech Memo; and Tippy tipper. I tried Open Camera but could not get it to work satisfactorily so I uninstalled it. The camera takes pretty
clear pictures.

I connected my BT keyboard and used it to set up the New APN for my Sim Card. I prefer it to 99% of the keyboards available on the watch because, it defaults when connected
and does not display anything on the screen while typing. The standard keyboard works pretty well (but as with all on screen keyboards sometimes makes it hard to see what
your are typing) but I am going to try the Touch One Round Keyboard though.

I keep the watch in Airplane mode when not using cellular but I have the watch connected to my phone for notifications and did not disconnect this option thru Hibernation Manager. I received one notification last night on my watch.

I do not regularly use the gesture feature. But check the time multiple times during the day and wear the watch at night.

I last charged the watch to 100% about 1700 last night after running the Battery Repair and Calibration apps and have 80% at 0935 this morning.

The firmware showing on the watch is: 3.10.72 Aug 4 23:20:21 CST 2017

What can I say besides I’m really liking this I4 Air over my Thor.

Update: Battery Status. 400mah battery installed.
1700 - 100% Sep 20th Wearing all day and night. Gesture off. Normal use for how I use watch. Airplane mode. Limited Cell when needed. BT Droid when needed. Hibernation manager on.
0935 - 80% Sep 21 (time on 16h 35m)
0900 - 41% Sep 22 (time on 23h 25m - cumulative 40h 0m)
1700 - 26% Sep 22 (time on 8hr 0m - cumulative 48h 0m)
0900 - 15% Sep 23 (time on 16h 0m - cumulative 64h 0m)
With 15% remaining that averages out to about 6.25 ma per hour used. 15% of 400mah = 40mah remaining. That works out to about 6h and 27m or a total battery life of 70 hours for this test.

I just got mine today. I have a T-Mobile nano SIM that I got today just for this watch. The watch will not use the cellular connectivity. It shows 3G with solid bars, but I can’t make calls, get online etc. I got into the SIM status under About & it tells me: Network: Unknown, Signal strength: -87dBm 13 asu, Cellular network type: Unknown, Service State: Out of service, Roaming: Not roaming, Cellular Network state: disconnected, My watch number: Unknown.

I called T-Mobile support & they said everything is fine on their end. The SIM is correct, it is active, it is registered on the cell network.

I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried resetting it, removing the SIM & resetting it. My goal is to use it with T-Mobile DIGITS which allows me to pair my smartphone main number with the SIM / number of the watch, so I can use my watch to make & receive, calls, text using my smartphone’s number. It also has data. It only works if Wifi is enabled. The watch will not access the cellular network no matter what I do. I’ve updated the APN to ensure its the correct one. Like I said if you go to the watch face & slide down you get the screen that shows the date, day, time battery remaining. On the left side of the time (in the middle of the screen) it shows 3G with 4 out of 4 bars, the right side shows a small phone with the Bluetooth symbol in it & s green check mark.

Any help is greatly appreciated, please.

Thank you for your time, efforts, patience & considerations.

With sincerest respects,

Magestic12

Sounds like you have covered all the bases. I decided not to deal with the major carriers and I am using a Speedtalk Sim card that works through the T-Mobile Network, not necessarily the same as you are using. Until I was able to upload the correct APN settings, I also had trouble getting it to work. I’m not sure where you are located but if I was experiencing this problem and was sure all my settings were correct I would try a different Sim card. The Speedtalk Sim cards are available on Amazon for $5 which includes the first 30 days coverage. It is a cheap way of trying to resolve the problem.