How Add Text to Watchface

Hi! I’m new here and couldn’t see how to add this question to the thread about the Watchface Designer. So it’s here instead.

Anyway, marvelous program! I have been remaking a bunch of my faces from another app, and so far it has been very easy and with good results.

I have a noob question… in the video of Watchface Designer (ie making a watchface is 5 minutes, etc) when he goes to add text, he clicks the Time button on the left, and inside goes to Text line and wipes out all the numbers (1,2,3,4… etc) and types his text. In the current version I cannot see this same layout. So how to manually add text now?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I unticked all the numbers but 0 and typed my word there. It appears on my face now.

EDIT2: By the way, I do not have a watch yet; been watching the Smartwatch Ticks reviews for over a year and recently ordered a Allcall W1 and am waiting for it.

Dec 8, 2017 8:11:47 GMT 1 davidb said:

Hi! I’m new here and couldn’t see how to add this question to the thread about the Watchface Designer. So it’s here instead.

Anyway, marvelous program! I have been remaking a bunch of my faces from another app, and so far it has been very easy and with good results.

I have a noob question… in the video of Watchface Designer (ie making a watchface is 5 minutes, etc) when he goes to add text, he clicks the Time button on the left, and inside goes to Text line and wipes out all the numbers (1,2,3,4… etc) and types his text. In the current version I cannot see this same layout. So how to manually add text now?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I unticked all the numbers but 0 and typed my word there. It appears on my face now.

zsolt m

ricktop

Dec 8, 2017 8:11:47 GMT 1 davidb said:

EDIT2: By the way, I do not have a watch yet; been watching the Smartwatch Ticks reviews for over a year and recently ordered a Allcall W1 and am waiting for it.

Please, don’t do it that way. It wont work on the watch, or as soon as the time changes.

You have, on the left toolbox an icon to place the Time markers. That’s the one you should use. See this video as an example: 

Thanks, yes that’s exactly what I needed. Yeah the way I did, it gets messed up next day I open the face. Thanks again! Can’t wait to get these faces on my watch.