Help with requesting a watch face

G’day Folks, I have this watch that I purchased from a Russian Seller on Ebay and I would like to be able to put it on my Kospet hope watch (I use only standard launcher) My problem is that I cannot credit the watch to anyone as it bears absolutely no makers name or any information about the watch whatsoever. The name you can see in the picture is that of the Seller. So, what do I need to do to request this face as I cannot credit it to anyone except the seller? Thanks, Doons

After Eric’s & Nicholas helping me I can credit this watch to Moljina. “The Lucky Las Vegas Poker watch” and the seller, ghrigoriy http://Ebay.com. So I would certainly appreciate it if anyone could make this face for me to use on my Kospet as it is quite a conversation piece. Thanks, Doons

It’s probably fine if you credit the seller then.

1 Like

@Eric_Crochemore Ok Eric, thanks mate! Do I need to just add the seller credit to the original post or do another face request? Thanks, Doons

You can modify this post. As you wish.

@Eric_Crochemore @Doonsbury I was able to discover that the company was Moljina. It is the Lucky Las Vegas Poker watch. I think it may be a vintage souvenir piece. The company is probably either out of business or may not have an online presence. If my computer was working properly, I’d take a stab at it, but I have a lot of things on my plate already. I’d love to do this with a grey background and a ghost deck. It won’t look vintage, but would be a more updated version. What do you think? It may be a few weeks until I can post it, tho.

3 Likes

@Nicholas_Herczeg Hi Nicholas, Look, many thanks for finding the company name! I did a search on poker type watches, etc and drew a blank. Even the seller only lists it as an untagged watch, no other info. But yes, for sure I’d love to see your version…the grey background and “Ghost” deck sound like they could look even better than the original. Take all the time you want Nicholas, I’ve seen your work and it is certainly worth waiting for mate! Cheers, Doons

@Doonsbury If no one has made it by the time I’m able to get it done, I will do the regular one as well. With the Bicycle 808 Black Ghost deck, I may have to invert all of the colours to make it look right. I was going to add shading and lighting elements to make it more modern. If you want, I can clean up the original, unless you like the grainy-ness. I might clean it up and add a noise layer. Once I get a better setup, I’ll get back to work. Things are just going really slow with my Windows tablet. Losing the keyboard and track pad are slowing me down a lot.

@Nicholas_Herczeg Hi mate. I’ll leave it entirely to you as to what is the best way to go, design wise, for this face mate. The only possible restriction is that I only use a standard launcher on my Kospet, so whatever is easiest for you to work with for that format is fine by me. The only thing I would particularly like is to have all the cards (Ace to King) used on the face. I checked out a lot of different Poker watches before I brought this one and nearly all of them did not have the full deck on the face. Absolutely no worries on how long it takes to put this together Nicholas. Just from reading around the forums I can see that you are quite busy, so just take an easy pace with it mate. Cheers, Doons

1 Like

@Doonsbury you want it grey or black? I think it’s black with a very dark, marine blue noise layer.

Also, what do you mean “ghost deck” ? You think they look ghoulish? I think it’s because of the poor image quality. I will see what I do about the deck.
you are welcometest

@Doonsbury yep, it’s quick work :slight_smile:

test

I can make it lighter grey, no problem. Just make sure to take a look at the thread :slight_smile:

@R_Sauvalle G’day Mate, Well Nicholas mentioned using a “Bicycle Ghost deck” From images that Nicholas sent me the cards in the Ghost deck are black, so I think that’s why the idea of a grey background came in. I have the watch in front of me now and the background is jet black and frankly I think it may look better grey (Assuming the cards are going to be white) That 2nd image you have is spot on for the original watch! But if you’d like to play around with the design, then by all means do so! Just the 2 main requirements. I only have the standard launcher and I would like all the card (Ace to King) used on the face. But maybe remove that outer “Minute” ring…that would possibly make the cards a little larger? They are just a tad small on the original watch. Anyway thanks for the offer to help out, it is very much appreciated indeed! Cheers, Doons
Oh and here is a pic of the “Ghost” deck that Nicholas was talking about.

@Doonsbury hey, you are welcome.
I will change the background to grey then, it’s no problem. Sorry about the outer ring, but it needs to be there. Without it, it looks like a bunch of cards scattered across the screen. If you had the universal launcher I could have enabled tap for zoom. Tell you what, I’ll do the outer ring a little thinner, that might do the trick. In regards to the card, let me know how you want them to look.

Looking good . Looking forward to end result :+1:

1 Like

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu thanks!

hey @Doonsbury
not sure how I feel about the back cards… you like this or do you prefer normal white cards? I’d say white is better. (I know I need to fix king card aspect ratio and fix spades red color ) hehe.
Also do you think the thin minute bezel is better? it’s about 25% smaller

1 Like

@R_Sauvalle Not bad! That deck is the Black Ghost deck. The original Ghost deck is high quality black and white(all suits are black). The Black Ghost Deck is a negative colour deck. They were very popular with magicians. Now they’re kinda just another deck, but they have an interesting appearance.

@Nicholas_Herczeg thanks, it’s almost done now. Well, at least the base is almost done.
I ended going for the white deck, mainly because the small watch screen made it look very strange with the inverted black one.

This is the finalized base. (almost, the second subdial will be filled as before)
I made the bezels a little thinner, the cards larger and grey instead of blacklucky%20poker

@Doonsbury finished.
I will put link tomorrow, as I’m going to test it first when I have some time.

lucky%20poker

2 Likes

@R_Sauvalle WOW!! Now that looks damn good! I have to agree with you and Nicholas…the Black deck is just too stark for the watch face. But I think altering the background to grey makes a definite improvement over the original black background on the watch. It seems to actually highlight the cards better. I can see what you mean about keeping the outer minute ring…it definitely serves to bind the cards together in some symmetrical order. That last shot of the finished face looks grand. It really is amazing how just altering that face colour to grey made such a difference to the whole look of the face. By the way, sorry for being late in answering your posts, but my car was at the garage today and, as I live about 40 miles out of town, I was obliged to sit around and wait for it to be serviced and have some repairs done to it. I’d just like to just thank you for putting this face together for me…and Nicholas for his suggestions about the face colour. As soon as I get it loaded into the Kospet, I’ll post a pic of it on my wrist so you can see the whole finished product (So to speak) Thanks again, Cheers Doons

P.S. Nicholas has helped me get WFD and JRE set up on my computer, so I’ll owe both of you guys one watch face design, payable on demand…but don’t come to collect until I at least know how to open…and use!..WFD! :grin:

1 Like

And dont forget , if you install universal launcher on your watch you can view watch faces that wont work with the standard launcher on your watch . ie animated watch faces that have been made in WFD with .gif files . Not knocking everyones hard work but i find these so much more fun . The possibilitys are endless . Have fun :grin:

1 Like

@Doonsbury Hey, no problem, I figured you were busy. I’m glad you are happy with the watch.
I have tried it on the stock launcher 400x400px and it looks a little coarse with the graphics, as I’m used to universal launcher’s 512x512. Oh well, it’s all good I made two changes; a little lighter grey and fixed the hour hand pointer was a little off. It’s all working well. I Will create a new topic, please download the watch from there. I have also released a breitling if you want to try it.
@Dr_Andy_Vishnu yes, I agree but also it’s all the programming that is possible. I have here a fully working chronograph Breitling watchface for universal laucher.

1 Like