Help - battery dead / black screen Finow X5 Air

Hi went away two weeks and left watch uncharged  - Finow X5 Air is now dead - wont charge/black screen?

  • Have had watch connected to USB charger for a few days - charge battery symbol wont show - black screen
  • Tried holding down power and bottom button - wont boot / turn on
  • Installed VCOM drivers on PC to try to flash but Watch doesn’t show up as connected device on PC
  • Unscrewed back and disconnected battery connector and reconnected - no joy!

Any help welcomed
thanks!

Jul 29, 2018 11:05:14 GMT 1 rupene said:

let me see if i undersand you left the watch for few days on charger? if so,why?
Jul 29, 2018 11:05:14 GMT 1 rupene said:
Hi went away two weeks and left watch uncharged  - Finow X5 Air is now dead - wont charge/black screen?
  • Have had watch connected to USB charger for a few days - charge battery symbol wont show - black screen
  • Tried holding down power and bottom button - wont boot / turn on
  • Installed VCOM drivers on PC to try to flash but Watch doesn’t show up as connected device on PC
  • Unscrewed back and disconnected battery connector and reconnected - no joy!

Any help welcomed
thanks!


For how long have you disconneted the battery? Try it again, wait about 5 min. 'till you reconnect the battery and connect it to the charger. If everything works again, you should see the battery icon.

You can also try to plug wait 2 mins, if nothing happens, unplug. Then plug again and repeat several times until it works. Usually after less than ten times it works…

Jul 29, 2018 13:44:17 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 29, 2018 11:05:14 GMT 1 rupene said:

let me see if i undersand you left the watch for few days on charger? if so,why?

Thank you soniasophie9697 - Tried to get it recharging again because it was dead flat after I was away. It never turned on.
Assume its your video on how to install VCOM - thanks it was quite clear (even though I don’t know if its working as the watch is not recognised by the PC).
Jul 29, 2018 19:45:10 GMT 1 ricktop said:
You can also try to plug wait 2 mins, if nothing happens, unplug. Then plug again and repeat several times until it works. Usually after less than ten times it works...

Thanks Ricktop - you mean into the charger or computer loaded with VCOM? I tried plugging in and out of PC 10 times and was not detected.

Jul 29, 2018 17:53:16 GMT 1 hans65 said:

Jul 29, 2018 11:05:14 GMT 1 rupene said:
Hi went away two weeks and left watch uncharged  - Finow X5 Air is now dead - wont charge/black screen?
  • Have had watch connected to USB charger for a few days - charge battery symbol wont show - black screen
  • Tried holding down power and bottom button - wont boot / turn on
  • Installed VCOM drivers on PC to try to flash but Watch doesn’t show up as connected device on PC
  • Unscrewed back and disconnected battery connector and reconnected - no joy!

Any help welcomed
thanks!


For how long have you disconneted the battery? Try it again, wait about 5 min. 'till you reconnect the battery and connect it to the charger. If everything works again, you should see the battery icon.

Thanks hans65 - I will try disconnecting longer to let it discharge more before reconnecting the battery cable.

rupene
Have you checked if usb mtp are installed? Then try and see if sp flash tool recognize the watch

Jul 30, 2018 11:15:41 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:rupene

Have you checked if usb mtp are installed? Then try and see if sp flash tool recognize the watch


Not sure how I do that. Can you guide me to the right link. thanks.
Jul 31, 2018 11:02:09 GMT 1 rupene said:

drivers: 

usb mtp: 

Jul 31, 2018 18:34:24 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 31, 2018 11:02:09 GMT 1 rupene said:

drivers: 

usb mtp: 


Yes I had followed those videos already - the VCOM drivers said installed successfully but I will try following second video again as nothing happens when I plug watch in…

rupene

have you checked the dots of charging and data are not dirty?

Jul 30, 2018 10:05:55 GMT 1 rupene said:

Jul 29, 2018 17:53:16 GMT 1 hans65 said:
For how long have you disconneted the battery? Try it again, wait about 5 min. 'till you reconnect the battery and connect it to the charger. If everything works again, you should see the battery icon.


Thanks hans65 - I will try disconnecting longer to let it discharge more before reconnecting the battery cable.

No joy.

Aug 1, 2018 18:36:06 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:rupene

have you checked the dots of charging and data are not dirty?


Yes - they are clean. I am going to have to send the unit back to Finow in China 

Will cost me an international courier but other wise the unit is trash,

rupene

i hope that you’ll be refunded for the shipping costs.

I sent it back to the Official Finow store on Aliexpress on 18/8 for about US$33 courier. They sent ot back to factory and I got it back today 15/10/2018. Yes so a bit slow but they were pretty good - after fixing (took 1 month) - made me make another order without paying which they changed the price to 10c and then they shipped it back free.  The watch seems to be working fine now and its definitely the one I sent as it still has my custom faces on it. So from sending it back / repair and return about 2 months. That’s what you get for buying a chinese watch but on balance a pretty good experience. The alternative to spending $33 would be to put it in the trash!

Did you manage to send it?


If not - try to open the watch, disassemble carefully and check the battery voltage with any voltmeter. It should be 3,7 V or more. If nothing is detected - unroll the packaging foil and bypass the charging regulator. Plug it to the power supply - set it to 4,2 V and ~0,4A and let battery charge for a while. After charging - connect the power supply to the Lipoly cables to sort of electronically unlock it (If the battery goes own below specific voltage, charging regulator cuts-off any external circuitry - your watch in that case). If it still does not work - search for the battry code on alibaba or and other chinese supplier for this battery or simillar. The code is something like 553555, which stands for dimensions(widththicknesheight). Probably one you would find might be similar eg. 554455, but you can freely take it, because it should fit and would provide you with approximately 30% longer battery lifetime.