H2 watch dead and is not powering on

After just 2 days, the H2 watch died at 25% battery level and is not switching on again.

If i tried to charge it, its only becoming warm but not switching on. Connecting to computer also doesnt detect the watch.

Anyone seem to have any idea what could have gone wrong and possible tips to resolve the problem. At this moment i am just repenting on my decision on buying some cheap Chinese stuff.

1 Like
Nov 16, 2017 4:39:11 GMT 1 brunokutta said:
After just 2 days, the H2 watch died at 25% battery level and is not switching on again.

If i tried to charge it, its only becoming warm but not switching on. Connecting to computer also doesnt detect the watch.

Anyone seem to have any idea what could have gone wrong and possible tips to resolve the problem. At this moment i am just repenting on my decision on buying some cheap Chinese stuff.

getting a none working unit does’nt mean all of them like that. i have the H2 for almost 4 days and i’m so happy with it, i would have told you to flash the watch with it’s firmware but since it is a new device what you need to do is to send it back and ask for a full refund or a replacement. contact the seller and tell him about the watch.

Nov 16, 2017 4:39:11 GMT 1 brunokutta said:

What are you charging it with? PC usb port or phone charger ?

Also the best thing to do is leave it alone for a while. Check after a few hours and then use a PC or Laptop USB port to charge it.

These watches are actually very stable and when you are able to flash the firmware update the battery issue may well go away.

I will leave the watch like that for a couple of days. In meanwhile i have raised a support ticket with Gestbest. Lets see what is the outcome. I will share if any updates.
I just hope the problem resolves soon.
Is there any other method to power on the watch other than pressing the power button.

Nov 16, 2017 7:23:03 GMT 1 brunokutta said:
I will leave the watch like that for a couple of days. In meanwhile i have raised a support ticket with Gestbest. Lets see what is the outcome. I will share if any updates. I just hope the problem resolves soon. Is there any other method to power on the watch other than pressing the power button.

Not without losing your warranty. You would have to remove the rear cover and disconnect and reconnect the battery. This would void your warranty though. If the issue persists you may have to return it.
I will leave the watch like that for a couple of days. In meanwhile i have raised a support ticket with Gestbest. Lets see what is the outcome. I will share if any updates. I just hope the problem resolves soon. Is there any other method to power on the watch other than pressing the power button.

What will happen with gearbest is a nightmare . After a lot of messages to you back and forth this will happen :-

They will ask you to return ( at your cost ! ) . Then if you live in the UK royal mail refuse to send back to china due to chinese restrictions leaving you stuck with a brocken watch

Gearbest will offer you upto 60% of the value as a credit for a future purchase ( which you can use ONLY in part payments - Total Con )

Then also there is a time limit

Basically buying from gearbest is poor if anything wrong . Had this happen twice . I only use Aliexpress now

Best of luck

PS- Royal mail told me and showed me paperwork that china will not accept goods with batterys back into country ? Smartwatches / Camcorders etc . Strange but true ( they even had a leaflet on this )

Nov 19, 2017 8:08:47 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

i think you are right, most problems with watches are with watches that were purchased on gearbest, i also buy on aliexpress cos the seller is'nt being paid till you aprove it. with gearbest you only can get a full refund if you paid with paypal but also not that simple.

Very true . Aliexpress very good . App / Tracking also good

Nov 19, 2017 8:53:47 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

did you have a chance to use the watch? it is amazing. great battery life, easy to use, gps works just fine, indoor on my wrist did'nt get a lock but not on my wrist got lock really fast, outdoor on my wrist also fast lock and i used it with jogtracker and works just fine with endomondo it did'nt work:/ i love the watch one of the best i've used. i leave 24\7 the 3g and gps on and i get more than a full day usage with bt for about 2hrs i get about a day i do'nt use much wifi and if i do only when i  download for faster download.

Nov 19, 2017 11:04:47 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 19, 2017 8:53:47 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

did you have a chance to use the watch? it is amazing. great battery life, easy to use, gps works just fine, indoor on my wrist did’nt get a lock but not on my wrist got lock really fast, outdoor on my wrist also fast lock and i used it with jogtracker and works just fine with endomondo it did’nt work:/ i love the watch one of the best i’ve used. i leave 24\7 the 3g and gps on and i get more than a full day usage with bt for about 2hrs i get about a day i do’nt use much wifi and if i do only when i download for faster download.

Hi sonia . It wasnt a H2 i was refering to with gearbest . It was a IQI that was broken . My new H2 is on way in time for christmas :wink:. Looking forward to it

Nov 19, 2017 8:08:47 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

What will happen with gearbest is a nightmare . After a lot of messages to you back and forth this will happen :-

They will ask you to return ( at your cost ! ) . Then if you live in the UK royal mail refuse to send back to china due to chinese restrictions leaving you stuck with a brocken watch

Gearbest will offer you upto 60% of the value as a credit for a future purchase ( which you can use ONLY in part payments - Total Con )

Then also there is a time limit

Basically buying from gearbest is poor if anything wrong . Had this happen twice . I only use Aliexpress now

Best of luck

PS- Royal mail told me and showed me paperwork that china will not accept goods with batterys back into country ? Smartwatches / Camcorders etc . Strange but true ( they even had a leaflet on this )

I returned a watch to gearbest recently, they have a UK warehouse in Halesowen so you only pay UK postage, which is then credited to your account, about £4.50 recorded delivery. Once I had confirmed receipt at Halesowen I pursued customer services in China to replace the watch before they got the malfunctioning one back in China.

Other than getting a duff watch in the first place I found the entire process pretty easy and smooth, o.k. so my £4.50 was only returned as a credit but I think that’s a small risk to take for the cheapness of the watch in the first place.

Sounds good . They didnt give me the UK option ?

Thanks

Nov 20, 2017 7:16:19 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Sounds good . They didnt give me the UK option ?

Thanks

OK, they offered it to me when I asked for a return, for replacement and refund of my shipping costs, under their DOA guarantee, which all occurred mid-July this year, the address was:-

Fao: Weiwen Luo
address:Woodgate Business Park, Clapgate Lane, Bartley Green
zipcode: B32 3BZ
city: Birmingham
Phone: 075 22247248

but I now see their website does not specifically refer to a UK warehouse, just several EU ones numbered EU1 - EU13. I suspect one of these is the Halesowen warehouse but you might have to specifically request.

(And if memory serves, the £4.50 was only returned as a credit because I don’t have a paypal account and was unwilling to send them my bank account details)

Hi,

I have returned the item to Gearbest and have got confirmation from the parcel tracking, that the item was delivered. I am now waiting for Gearbest to provide the refund.
I had paid with PayPal. So do i have any special rights due to this particular mode of payment.
If GB screw up with my refund, then sadly this will be my first and last experience with them . I would prefer to stick to Aliexpress only.

Hello

I need help so much!!!

I’ll try to upgrade firmware on my h2, but not charge my watch. after upgrade, i see just short flashlight, then welcome melody…, and black screen!

my computer see my watch. serial number - 0123456789ABCDEF

please help! what i need to do?

thank you

hi

I need help so much!!!

I’ll try to upgrade firmware on my h2, but not charge my watch. after upgrade, i see just short flashlight, then welcome melody…, and black screen!

thank you

Dec 15, 2017 21:49:10 GMT 1 romanzo said:
hi

I need help so much!!!

thank you

sometimes after upgrade\flashing it takes longer for the watch to boot, if after 20 minute it still that way, disconnect the battery and reconnect and see if it helps, make sure the battery if full charged.

i did all steps, what you recommended, but still not work. flash, music, and black screen… (((

Dec 16, 2017 1:48:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 15, 2017 21:49:10 GMT 1 romanzo said:
hi

I need help so much!!!

thank you

sometimes after upgrade\flashing it takes longer for the watch to boot, if after 20 minute it still that way, disconnect the battery and reconnect and see if it helps, make sure the battery if full charged.

i did all steps, what you recommended, but still not work. flash, music, and black screen… (((

My advice is to make sure that the watch is fully charged and then flash it with SP Flash Tools in firmware update mode.
Give it at least 5-8 to boot.

Ps can you give us a link to the firmware you flashed please?