H1 battery woes

Greetings fellow round android watch enthusiasts!

I have an H1.  In my opinion it is definitely one of the better looking watches.  Pros include:

*It looks nearly identical to my Garmin Fenix 3
*Changeable bands (gotta have a Nato strap )
*It is waterproof to some degree

I have had the thing apart and lined all the opening points with silicone grease just to make it that little bit more water resistant.

My problem at the moment is the battery life.  (I should preface this by saying I do know a lot about android internals and I design electronics for a living.)  I am getting ~3 hours battery life in flight mode which I know is just wrong.  Using tools like better battery stats, wakelock detector, process monitor and logcat I can see the watch never actually enters deep sleep.  It is awake and pegged to 1GHz constantly.  Over 3 hours I am lucky to get 16s of processor sleep time.  Things I have done to figure out what is wrong:

*Reflashed the firmware
*Factory reset
Frozen almost every application on the watch even system apps (media storage, inbuilt launcher, all google crp, all things associated with syncing+location)
*Used disable service to disable every service running on the watch
*Fiddled with swap settings to ensure the device is not thrashing the swap and keeping the kernel awake
*used xposed to disable all onboard sensors

Despite all of this I am still unable to get this damn thing to sleep!  The processes with highest use time are system processes called kworker/u1 and kworker/u2.  It is almost as if there is something endlessly polling a sensor or something.  This is the first time an android device has beaten me.

Can someone else who has an H1 tell me if their watch ever enters sleep mode?  When you look at kernel wakelocks do you see any information or does WLD/BBS just say there are no stats available?  Any final suggestions before I have to give up on this thing?

busterfriendly AvatarDec 14, 2017 19:19:39 GMT 1 busterfriendly said:
I have had the thing apart and lined all the opening points with silicone grease just to make it that little bit more water resistant.

can you tell me how to do that with my H2? it got corrosion and i was able to clean it up but do'nt want to use the watch till i figure out how to prevent sweat from entering the speaker.

I’m afraid I do not have an H2 so I cannot comment on it specifically. Silicon grease is often used on the edges of the rubber flaps and mating surfaces that cover ports and suchlike on devices that are supposed to be waterproof to some degree. Speakers on IP specified waterproof things usually have a thin rubber membrane that sits between the speaker and the ‘outside world’. If the device is not designed as water resistant there will be no such covers to lubricate. I dare say you could stuff silicone grease into the speaker hole but it would spoil the sound and probably would not work.

If your only concern is stopping sweat a small piece of thin tape (i.e. p96 kapton tape) over the opening will block it and may not impact sound quality too much.

If your only concern is stopping sweat a small piece of thin tape (i.e. p96 kapton tape) over the opening will block it and may not impact sound quality too much.

thanks, will try that, it is a shame:( great watch but i do’nt want it to get corrosion again. will try what you’ve suggested:)

I just re-flashed factory firmware V1.2 again. I now have deep sleep! Woo!

This thing looks so much like my Fenix 3

Best watch evr!

Best watch evr!

can you give us more info after few days about the battery life of the watch? thanks.

For sure. I will make a post describing my setup:

• Nova launcher

TBH I do not really care about watchfaces. I am happy to use the nova launcher built in digital clock widget. This combined with the fact you can ‘remap’ the home button on the side to act as home until you hit the home screen then you can use it to launch a shortcut i.e. greenify sleep+hibernate. This means the button behaviour is close to stock behaviour.

• xposed

I use for ‘xposed edge’ gesture control module. This gives you pie controls that can be configured to do anything. I use it to show Home, back, running apps, menu, switch to previous app, screen filter and launch shortcuts panel. Shortcuts panel contains power toggles, setup, favorite apps etc.

App settings to set DPI for each app individually.

Other apps include: Lucky patcher, greenify, opera mini, fdroid, telegram, whatsapp, email etc.

My use case is: Wifi always on, sim occasionally used (locked to 2G)

If anyone can figure out how to disable the global ‘swipe right for back’ gesture I would be ever so grateful.

This thing is great for passing time in boring engineering meetings

Now I have solved my battery drain issue I will report on battery life in a couple of days.

I have finally figured out what the problem was. If you disable ‘circlelauncher.apk’ (the stock launcher) Then the device is unable to enter deep sleep. I do not understand why this is the case. Perhaps something to do with kctsensor service no longer running? I have no idea.

This is a real pain in the ass as if you install an alternative launcher you have to choose it as default on every boot

You either use the ****** stock launcher OR you have to chose your alternative launcher on every boot.

On saying that, while poking around in the ROM I found there is a clockskin folder in /system/clockskin. I dare say you could probably dump watchfaces in there to add new faces to the H1.

Does anyone know of a watchface that is just a simple digital clock with battery level and notification count?

You either use the ****** stock launcher OR you have to chose your alternative launcher on every boot.

On saying that, while poking around in the ROM I found there is a clockskin folder in /system/clockskin. I dare say you could probably dump watchfaces in there to add new faces to the H1.

Does anyone know of a watchface that is just a simple digital clock with battery level and notification count?

i’m not sure it support the format WFs that we have on the forum and G+ but you can try and see :  

Hello.

I think my clock’s battery is bad, so i would like replace it.

I found this post in 4pda, and i found it in ebay.
Which is the safest battery?

Jan 27, 2018 10:46:33 GMT 1 gyb001 said:
Hello.

is is safer to go with one that is the same as the one inside the watch.

pablo11

seb84

Jan 27, 2018 13:41:11 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 27, 2018 10:46:33 GMT 1 gyb001 said:
Hello.

is is safer to go with one that is the same as the one inside the watch.

pablo11

seb84

Replacing the battery is extremely tricky. You will have a 80% chance of failure to revive your watch… I would return it.
We don’t have any links to batteries. You will just have to search the Web for it.
Sorry it’s not better news

Best watch evr!

Hey was your problem with stand by battery drain or drain while using it?
I just got a H1 which has a decent stand by battery life but sucks while using it.when I checked the the battery stats I found out that the android os used about 70 to 90 percent of battery and the screen used 3 to 4 percent battery.can you help me out.
Also can explain how to disable the sensors and use nova launcher on H1 cause I never done rooting and other stuff.
Thanks