Firmware Update?

Aug 28, 2018 20:41:47 GMT 1 Roger Stalmans said:
Aug 28, 2018 20:36:29 GMT 1 gagua50 said:
I've created a nvram backup and flashed with the rom, so I keeped my IMEI. Everything is working well, but mtp doesn't show sdcard and I'm looking looking for some way to root.

If you search the SD card you need to switch to settings / connections / USB and copy files from PC.

On this site you can find al the files - EDIT Link Removed.

That worked, so easy. Thank you. Do you now how to root it? Even kingroot is failing.

You need TWRP to root the watch - go to the development section for the correct version for your watch.

AllCall Firmware is now here /board/64/allcall-firmware

Older links were removed.

I mis the notification sound with de W2 rom. Anyone nows to enable this.

Aug 29, 2018 3:40:51 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
You need TWRP to root the watch - go to the development section for the correct version for your watch.

AllCall Firmware is now here /board/64/allcall-firmware

Older links were removed.

I had flashed twrp of w1 and It works, but when I flashed superSU my device reboots. Now I flashed magisk and it works. Thank you.

gagua50 i have also installed W2 firmware after formatting my DM368. The firmware is working but i want to root it. With W1 TWRP and its included scatter file, download gives PMT error which can only be solved by full flash. While using W2 scatter file and using boot and recovery from W1, the watch remains stuck at boot splash screen.

Furthermore, with Magisk Manager, its boot patch function points me to a documents folder and i cant move to another folder nor move boot.img to this folder. I am stuck at how to root.

Any pointers would be helfpul

Ok i have got I3 TWRP working, it was a long way here. Used random mtk6580 3.18.35 kernel recovery, unpacked and replaced kernel with W2, screen was rotated so came back to I3 recovery.

Now i have a fully functional android 7 running on my dm368 after chaning ro.sf.rotation=180 to 0.

Only issue left is white flash when screen turns off, i have tried different screen off animations, it does reduce the effect but its not the perfect solution. Is there any expert or ROM porter here who can help?

nameless

To all that have installed the W2 firmware on W1. Now that you have it for some days/weeks, how does it behave? What are the pros/cons?
The Android 7 and WiiWatch2 are definitely pros. But how is the battery life, ui fluidity, etc.?

Installed it on DM368, battery life is definitely better. Moreover, i have noticed that CPU clocks now reaches 1.3GHz as opposed to the previous 1GHz max limit, therefore, better processing speed. Standby time is a lot better. Battery and WiWAtch 2 UI design is better but functionality is similar, although, i did not notice any disconnection whatsoever.

Sept 21, 2018 10:13:39 GMT 1 firefoot007 said:
Installed it on DM368, battery life is definitely better. Moreover, i have noticed that CPU clocks now reaches 1.3GHz as opposed to the previous 1GHz max limit, therefore, better processing speed. Standby time is a lot better. Battery and WiWAtch 2 UI design is better but functionality is similar, although, i did not notice any disconnection whatsoever.

Thanks for the info. I'm really interested in the better battery life, since it seems to be W1 Achilles' heel. If it gets a battery life similar to W2, it's enough for me

But do confirm from W1 owner too, as i have DM368. But standby time for me is definitely better.

I’ve also just installed W2 firmware on my W1. Since I didn’t care much if I lost IMEI, I did format the watch (except bootloader) and downloaded all of the W2 firmware (including preloader). I knew it was risky, but I was willing to do it. Anyway, it worked correctly, and just as expected, the IMEI was lost. Since I had written it down before this all operation, I tried to restore it through MKT Engineering Menu, however the option to change IMEI does not appear on Android 7 (I believe it won’t appear from version 6 upwards). I had to restore my IMEI using the MTK IMEI Problem search. I tested it (briefly, since it happened just a few minutes ago) and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and SIM card all work correctly.
Of course, the next thing I did was to install Universal Launcher, Clockskin Transfer, and install a few watchfaces. It all worked great! Tomorrow will be my battery test

PS: I also tested the new camera app that appeared on the installed apps, which sadly presented an error instead of crashing up my watch. I have no fix for that except maybe drill a hole on the watch and install a camera in there

PS2: Since I have both the W1 (with the W2 firmware) and the W2 (with the same - original - firmware), with the same watchface running on Universal Launcher, I tried to make a race between them and W1 booted a little faster (maybe less than 1 second). However, W2 has a few apps installed that W1 doesn’t, so it is in a cleaner state . Also, it’s an invalid benchmark since I made only one test, which makes it statistically irrelevant.

For future reference, there is no need to install preloaded and lk.bin. However, if you format the watch, then you may install from the previous original fw.
Happy to see that it worked

Sept 27, 2018 5:02:06 GMT 1 firefoot007 said:
deleted.

Oct 27, 2018 19:55:02 GMT 1 m1ch3l said:

m1ch3l orry but this is illegal so we can't allow this kind of thread on how to restore imei.

how do you know you’ve lost it? did you use format all in sp f.tool?

Hi firefoot007,

Can you point me in the right direction of where to get this firmware and the procedure you followed to install it on your DM368?

Thank you and regards.

Nov 14, 2018 10:18:09 GMT 1 killerelite said:

Hi firefoot007,

Can you point me in the right direction of where to get this firmware and the procedure you followed to install it on your DM368?

Thank you and regards.

I used AllCall W2 7.0 firmware available on this forum. Actual FW is nice, its fast and battery life has improved. However, i wont recommend it to you if you cant ignore little problems (Screen always flash white before turning off, i have gotten used to it). Moreover, you need to root and do 180 screen rotation from prop build (use I4 TWRP recovery for that). And you have to note down your IMEI number as you will lose it after formatting without bootloader. Its up to you.

TLDR Only do if you are experienced with flashtool and know how to recover your watch if bricked!

hello all I already update and of course I recommend the update was a shame that a clock with this hardware had so bad autonomy, before it did not last more than half a day his battery. I left it off and the battery drained without doing anything now I almost manage to get to the full day just connected by bluethooh, and using the gps for about 35 to 40 min. I think if I did not use the gps and turn off the bluethooh I can reach the day and a half before this was unthinkable, the use of the gps reduces about 1% for every minute that you have activated or that in 30 minutes of gps down almost 30 % Of battery. I do not use a simcard so I have not yet fixed the imei, but I think that with this update it justifies finishing it, so this week I’ll finish the procedure so everything works as it should, it’s always good to have everything because you do not know when I may need,

Anyone can please give exact instructions on how to flash the W2 rom on w1 watch?

Can anyone please give complete instructions on how to flash the w2 rom on the w1 watch? Thanks.beacause i dont have any idea on how to do it.