Firmware Update?

I just got the AllCall W1 yesterday, and have been searching through the forums, but I can’t see a way to update the firmware for this watch. When I try on the watch it tells me something about not existing.

Help? :thinking:

Jul 11, 2018 7:06:38 GMT 1 alexanichols said:

WELCOME, another girl user !!!

here you’ll find the latest firmware, if there is’nt new one cos there was’nt any release, it might get A7 but not sure but we do our best to get the latest tested updates and new versions. pablo11 does ALL he can to bring the best for our watches and hopefully good news for the A5 watches.

Looking at my AllCall W1, it shows that my current Build number is AllCall_V1.3_B_20171017.

Looking at the official site, there is firmware available, namely AllCall_V1.4_B_20180129(16+2).

They state that it is not an updated ROM but simply there for people to reflash if they have problems.

Does anyone here know what the differences in ROMs are and considering it has an updated release number, is it worthwhile to flash this ROM?

Thanks.

Jul 24, 2018 5:56:26 GMT 1 Moebius said:

Looking at my AllCall W1, it shows that my current Build number is AllCall_V1.3_B_20171017.

Looking at the official site, there is firmware available, namely AllCall_V1.4_B_20180129(16+2).

They state that it is not an updated ROM but simply there for people to reflash if they have problems.

Does anyone here know what the differences in ROMs are and considering it has an updated release number, is it worthwhile to flash this ROM?

Thanks.

I join the question.

Thanks.

Jul 24, 2018 10:21:34 GMT 1 madakite said:

Thanks.

I join the question.

i will say only that: if it ain’t broken why try fix it?

Jul 24, 2018 19:51:26 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

i will say only that: if it ain't borken why try fix it?

Wise words indeed - however, I’m not trying to fix things, more so wondering if there are any improvements with the latter Rom…

Surely they wouldn’t release a Rom 3 months later for no reason…?

Moebius

that is true, with the new FW is’nt any info of what bugs it fixes?

I updated mine as soon as I got the W1 and so far everythig seems to be working.

I flashed the W2 firmware from here
bbs.allcall.hk/thread-10792-1.html
and my W1 think it’s a W2 and works great, using WiiWatch2.
Before i could flash it I had to format it with the “keep the bootloader” option.

Aug 23, 2018 17:04:29 GMT 1 navitaa said:
I flashed the W2 firmware from here bbs.allcall.hk/thread-10792-1.html and my W1 think it's a W2 and works great, using WiiWatch2. Before i could flash it I had to format it with the "keep the bootloader" option.

i'm not sure that your watch wo'nt do problems but hope it does'nt, did you make sure not to flash the preloader? it is taking a risk with bricked and unrepairable watch.

So far so good :slight_smile: Formated it with whole flash except Bootloader and then read the scatterfile, made not changes and downloaded, including the preloader. The clock booted up nicely and seems to have a little better battery time. Have not tried the SIM-card, since I do not use that function. I guess it’s the exact same HW besides the camera.

You probably have lost your IMEI, WiFi and BT MAC addresses.
Never, ever format

Aug 24, 2018 0:36:46 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
You probably have lost your IMEI, WiFi and BT MAC addresses. Never, ever format

I don’t know about that, the watch shows Imei, mac-adress, and bluetooth adress, beside not testing SIM-card. Wifi and blutooth works fine for me.

Aug 24, 2018 9:37:45 GMT 1 navitaa said:
Aug 24, 2018 0:36:46 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
You probably have lost your IMEI, WiFi and BT MAC addresses. Never, ever format

I don't know about that, the watch shows Imei, mac-adress, and bluetooth adress, beside not testing SIM-card. Wifi and blutooth works fine for me.

I now tested the sim card and as you say the imei is not correct but there are nice ways to restore that with for example mtk engineer mode plus.

I flashed the W2 firmware from here bbs.allcall.hk/thread-10792-1.html and my W1 think it's a W2 and works great, using WiiWatch2. Before i could flash it I had to format it with the "keep the bootloader" option.

AllCall_W2_V1.3_B_20180711_2gb.zip

This version is newer.

That link has been removed as it no longer works.

W2 ROM is working? I'm searching some way to put android 7 on my w1 watch. How exactly you do this update?
Aug 25, 2018 17:24:33 GMT 1 Roger Stalmans said:

AllCall_W2_V1.3_B_20180711_2gb.zip

This version is newer.

Thanks, works well even if I really can't tell the difference. Do you know any change logg?
Aug 28, 2018 3:50:16 GMT 1 gagua50 said:

W2 ROM is working? I'm searching some way to put android 7 on my w1 watch. How exactly you do this update?

Well, for me it works but you probably should ask someone with greater knowledge of android and smartwatches, if you wanna wanna keep imei and use the 3g feature. and not brick it. For me it was more of an experiment since I ordered a new SW, Lemfo Lem X :-)
Aug 28, 2018 15:56:34 GMT 1 navitaa said:
Aug 28, 2018 3:50:16 GMT 1 gagua50 said:

Well, for me it works but you probably should ask someone with greater knowledge of android and smartwatches, if you wanna wanna keep imei and use the 3g feature. and not brick it. For me it was more of an experiment since I ordered a new SW, Lemfo Lem X :-)

I've created a nvram backup and flashed with the rom, so I keeped my IMEI. Everything is working well, but mtp doesn't show sdcard and I'm looking looking for some way to root.
Aug 28, 2018 20:36:29 GMT 1 gagua50 said:
Aug 28, 2018 15:56:34 GMT 1 navitaa said:

I've created a nvram backup and flashed with the rom, so I keeped my IMEI. Everything is working well, but mtp doesn't show sdcard and I'm looking looking for some way to root.

If you search the SD card you need to switch to settings / connections / USB and copy files from PC.

On this site you can find al the files EDIT That link has been removed as it no longer works.