Firmware and bt call

Hi guys.i ve bought my Allcall w2 because ive seen an unboxing video saying good things about it.the truth is,i am very happy with the watch,its fast,good screen,the features that it has is very good,the apps that you can install is awsome and the sound of it is really amazing.i have a few smartwatches and this is the best of them,prefer this than apple watch,samsung galaxy gear and the only one that i really liked was and is the samsung gear s wich you can do almost everything that this ones do.the only thing that annoyes me is that we ve spent a bit of money in the Allcall w2 and it doesnt has bt call and no one cares about it,even the brand.no updates for the produtes that they are selling as new model.its really sad that force you to use a sim card for it and no connection between the smartwatch and the phone.thanks guys

marcoboquinhas31 AvatarJan 18, 2019 2:14:00 GMT 1 marcoboquinhas31 said:
Hi guys.i ve bought my Allcall w2 because ive seen an unboxing video saying good things about it.the truth is,i am very happy with the watch,its fast,good screen,the features that it has is very good,the apps that you can install is awsome and the sound of it is really amazing.i have a few smartwatches and this is the best of them,prefer this than apple watch,samsung galaxy gear and the only one that i really liked was and is the samsung gear s wich you can do almost everything that this ones do.the only thing that annoyes me is that we ve spent a bit of money in the Allcall w2 and it doesnt has bt call and no one cares about it,even the brand.no updates for the produtes that they are selling as new model.its really sad that force you to use a sim card for it and no connection between the smartwatch and the phone.thanks guys

A bit of history here for you. The Android OS (not Wear) watches were always designed as a stand alone watch (phone) that uses a Sim Card to connect and make calls and text. It is only within the last year that they added BT calling to the Android watches. It is available on most of the Android 5.1 watches. It is an issue with the increased security requirements of Android 7 that it is not currently available but may eventually become available if the developers find they ar able to add it to the firmware. You are able to connect the watch to the phone via apps like WiiWatch2 or Watch Droid, just not to receive or make calls.  I prefer Watch Droid to WiiWatch2 and one of the downsides of having BT call (my Les1 has it) is Watch Droid will not function correctly with BT call installed. 

Earlier KingWear watches like the KW08 and the KW18 had a Sim Card and BT calling but do not run the Android OS and have very limited capabilities. No Wi-fi or data connection or GPS capability for example.

Did anyone try this? These watches look hardware based, so maybe it was solution
Feb 22, 2019 12:19:00 GMT mackus said:
Did anyone try this? These watches look hardware based, so maybe it was solution

The KW88 is an Android 5.1 watch. BT call is available on select Android 5.1 watches. It is not currently available on ANY Android 7.0↑ watches, because of security requirements imposed by Google on the operating system.