Finow Q5 W616 bricked

Hi there,

My Finow became stuck on boot so I tried to flash X5+ W616 firmware. Now it won’t turn on at all. Tried to flash another firmware and now it says DRAM error in SP Flash tool. Can anyone point me to a firmware and guide to recover it? Thanks in advance.

Oct 18, 2017 11:23:20 GMT 1 kryzzay said:
Hi there,

My Finow became stuck on boot so I tried to flash X5+ W616 firmware. Now it won’t turn on at all. Tried to flash another firmware and now it says DRAM error in SP Flash tool. Can anyone point me to a firmware and guide to recover it? Thanks in advance.

Why would you do this?
It’s a totally different watch…
It’s going to be extremely difficult to find this firmware.

It was my understanding that if I flashed it with W616 firmware it would be fine?

Why is it so difficult to find the firmware?

Oct 20, 2017 2:47:22 GMT 1 kryzzay said:
It was my understanding that if I flashed it with W616 firmware it would be fine?

Why is it so difficult to find the firmware?

we have the firmware it will be uploaded to the firmware section, i’ll notify you when it will be done, finow at first said that it is’nt their watch:/ and now they do.

Thank you Soniasophie!

Oct 21, 2017 11:11:05 GMT 1 kryzzay said:
Thank you Soniasophie!

/thread/1672/finow-q5-ddr-firmware

your welcome:)

Thanks again! Before I flash this should I be worried that it says w618 not W616 like the sticker under the cover at the back?

I realize that it’s just the preloader that needs to be the w616 version.

Either way the following is happening,

connect watch to USB port and it loops connect and disconnect over and over.

Trying to format or flash I get the following error code,

BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (0xFCO)

EMI Enable DRAM Failed!

Please check your laod matches to your target which is to be downloaded.

Same thing gor me, i will try one other metod with boxes to flash, and will write comment.

Oct 22, 2017 11:44:05 GMT 1 kryzzay said:

true the preloader should'nt be marked, but let me check if there are to versions FW.

Did you have any luck Soniasophie?

Oct 24, 2017 12:36:14 GMT 1 kryzzay said:
Did you have any luck Soniasophie?

sorry, yes i did check, the head developer is checking if there are 2 models, can i ask if you marked the preloader when you flashed? if so, then you'll need the w616 rom but if not, then you can flash the firmware of the w618 but without the preloader. anyway we will try to get the correct FW:)

The first time I did mark the preloaded yes so I need to go back to W616. 

Oct 26, 2017 0:03:35 GMT 1 kryzzay said:
The first time I did mark the preloaded yes so I need to go back to W616. 

ok, i'll notify here when we get it.

Hi Soniasophie did you manage to get the firmware yet?

Nov 11, 2017 11:32:37 GMT 1 kryzzay said:
Hi Soniasophie did you manage to get the firmware yet?

sorry, forgot to post according to Finow there is only one model to the q5, can you upload a pic that shows that it is w616 plz? 

Hi Sonia. Please find a picture attached showing it is a w616.

Dec 30, 2017 12:22:54 GMT 1 kryzzay said:
Hi Sonia. Please find a picture attached showing it is a w616.

just weird the x5+ is the w616 are the other specs of your watch the same as the x5+? i mean storage, ram.