Extending the capability of your watch

Extending the capability of your watch

1. Don’t think of it as a companion device, think of it as a tiny little phone

2. Figure out what notifications are important and what apps they come from

3. Install those apps on the watch

4. If the apps don’t format well on the watch, look for an alternative app that does. For example, Facebook is unusable but Facebook lite works pretty well. This just leaves SMS and apps that even the alternatives don’t work well

5. For SMS and apps that don’t format well, use something like M2D. It’s not elegant but it gets the job done.

6. Install Heads-Up Notifications, set the font size to 200%, set position to “bottom”.

By doing the above you not only have interactive notifications, but you watch then only needs to be connected to your phone for SMS and calls when a SIM is not installed. If you do drop a SIM in it for some reason, you still get all the same important notifications as your phone and can interact with them without the leash. That’s something that not even the three times as expensive LG Urbane LTE can do.

About 4)…

Some apps can’t be used just because their settings are not reachable on such a small screen. So, it can be a good idea to have the watch connected and usable to/from the computer, sometimes!
I have no be able to reach this goal with “Teamviewer”, even if it is possible, but fo me, “Vysor” has been the solution

An example:

Thank you for sharing this useful trick.It solves many visible issues,I’m already gone insane with such problem.

Teamviewer and other options were not mentioned as they can’t be used in daily use. But you are right, if you’re tether to the desk they help in initial setup of apps.

Sept 13, 2016 15:11:46 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Teamviewer and other options were not mentioned as they can't be used in daily use. But you are right, if you're tether to the desk they help in initial setup of apps.

In KW88 press and hold the one and only button on watch and on the upside of display press the watch icon and it give a smaller square display and you can see and use all buttons.

Well aware of that. In a number of cases I have found that the area to tap on is so small that even a fine point stylus will not work.