D5 (W812) Firmware

D5 24/12/15 (link)
Changes- Original Firmware
Compatible with other watches- K9, X1, X3
Notes- none
Bug List
Clockskin Engine Bugs
1- “startangle” and “angle” have no effect on battery dials (and maybe other dials as well)
2- “direction” values are not limiting themselves to one dial which requires you use a value of 2 to get the next dial to rotate as value 1
3- Weather info will be incorrect from time to time unless time zone is set manually

Apps Bugs
1- Weather app often requires WiFi be on but not connected to get an update
2- One can start a timer on the stock clock app via Google voice command but cannot access it as everything except “Alarms” is locked out.

Firmware Bugs
1- Google syncs no longer work over a 2G connection (2G data still works though)
2- Stock keyboard will not use Google voice search as an input method
3- Stock keyboard uses “Speech Keyboard” for voice input which never connects to server

Phone Bugs
1- (When used as a standalone with simcard inside) Sometimes, in the uncovered areas or with poor signal, the phone freezes. The signal streng indicator freeze, and the network search does not work. To reset you need to turn on and off airplane mode or power cycle the phone. This happens with both 2g and 3g network.

D5 10/03/16 (link)
Changes- WiFi MAC fix
Notes- none
Bug List- See Above

D5 30/05/16 (link)
Changes- unknown
Notes- Final Release
Bug List- See Above

New OTA firmware available: 160915
Installed now. I will check improvements…

Sept 18, 2016 11:07:31 GMT 1 mauros said:
New OTA firmware available: 160915 Installed now. I will check improvements....

LOKI HAS ADDED THIS NEWS FLASH... PSA (sirens and flashing lights)

DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT accept the D5 2016/09/15 OTA

This OTA replaces a number of stock faces with blank faces of death which requires you flash older firmware to get a functional watch back.

I have tested this OTA three times and the result is always the same.

I did a wifi update this morning (with no problem while doing it), and then, my watch show “Custom build version: v.s. 160910” at the end of its “About Device”. Normal and safe?

Edit: well, I just tried to check again for a wireless update, and a new one is proposed to me, which seems to be this 160915, among chinese characters. Not done…!

Ok, I have no custom faces installed. What are the differences to the version 30/05/16 ?

Where can I find this 2016/09/15 firmware? I can not find it on the official website.
I’m on Imperium W812a ROM v1.2.0, so I do not have the upgrade option.
I do not have the original launcher, so blank faces did not threaten me?

Thank you for your help

After further testing I can say that the firmware did not fix the phone bug.

thread locked