Could this be fixed?

Can I buy a watch frame?

You can email them and ask but I can almost 100% garuntee that the watch will not survive a transplant from old to new body. Especially the bonded screen and touch sensor etcā€¦

Thatā€™s saddening. Iā€™ve only had this since July. I love the watch. I put super glue on it. Been holding since yesterday. I even slept with it and still holding. Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t last too long, but it was worth the try.

Just curious - if you are not trying to get support from Kospet and you are trying to fix itā€¦ Why didnā€™t you try the Araldite (or any other brand of) epoxy resin that I mentioned above?

If you clean the contact area on both sides of the break - this stuff sets rock solid and will not break.
Superglue is just not up to the job long termā€¦

Also, my advice is that you guys take very good photos of the problem and send to Kospet.
Explaining that it is part of the actual body shell that has broken.
Normally this requires a replacement watch.
Sending a new body shell to a customer is pointless.
It is just not a customer replacable part.
Please explain that I sent you to them and they can contact me if needed.

4 Likes

:+1: :+1: Well you canā€™t say much fairer than that mate! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Iā€™ve sent the email to them already. Of course I want to rectify. Iā€™ve sent more pics to them. Still havenā€™t gotten a reply.

Finally got a reply from Kospet today. They said they would send parts. Not sure what it means. Will update when I receive what they sent.

Headache so far. Iā€™ve received reply and when I reply, the email bounces back saying their mailbox is full.

Emails still bouncing back(Mailbox full). Do you know another way to contact them? Itā€™s shocking that theyā€™re this bad with support.

I will follow up

2 Likes

canā€™t agree that this is a major flaw because very few (and I mean only 4 or 5) have had this experience after over a thousand units sold.

ā€œ4 or 5ā€ issues based on what? How many people have posted to this forum? Iā€™m going to go out on a limb and say not everyone who has purchased this watch uses this forum.

If we say 4 or 5, it means that 4 or 5 people have complained to kospet. If they donā€™t complain, we canā€™t count them, thatā€™s easy.

3 Likes

I think this is getting off topic. Iā€™ve yet to be able to contact kospet about my issue. Looks like itā€™s time to buy a new kind of watch. Only 5 months of use has left a bad taste.

yeah, thatā€™s why I stopped (for now) buying those full android watches. Iā€™ve now got that new ā€¦a known companyā€¦ (ainā€™t gonna advertise for no one) watch which I donā€™t like too much, but it works and Iā€™m pretty sure it wonā€™t fall apart any time soon, and if it does Iā€™ll get a new one for free.
the quality needs to get a serious improvement on these watches and the companies making/selling them need to learn a thing or two about customer service.
I get theyā€™ve got to make them cheap, but if someone made a quality full android watch I wouldnā€™t mind paying pretty penny for it.
Iā€™m gonna wish it for next xmas

have a good day & a happy new year ladies and gentlemen

5 Likes

for anybody who is still reading this thread my Kospet Optimus pro snapped a lug in the same way as others
i used Loctite 3090 to glue the piece back on and it seems to be a good fix

if it stays fixed the Ā£20 outlay for the glue is a relatively cheap fix

so far so good :slight_smile:

2 Likes