Companion mode - BT link to phone

Hi, I’m using my D5 mostly in companion mode, no sim, connected to my primary phone for receiving notification(sms and phone calls included) using NotiSync (BT connection only, no internet, no BT-tethering)
It needs to be installed on both devices, start the app and set phone to primary and watch to secondary;
After completing the installation wizard on both devices, you need to create custom profiles for applications that you want to receive notifications from on the smartwatch.

download apk from here: liuto-apps.com/apps/com.mattprecious.notisync.apk
app. is open-source (https://github.com/sluit/NotisyncOmateTruesmart) and i think original development is by: github.com/mattprecious/notisync (the original one doesn’t display some notifications correctly(ex. gmail), this is why i recommend the one from the download link provided.)

I’ve been searching a lot on Play Store for an app to pair with my smartwatch, but I didn’t found any. NotiSync is the only one that covers most of my needs, and is not on Play Store, this is why I post here, to make it known!
It’s worth it!

For notifications to be displayed over the watchface I use “Heads-up Notifications” from playstore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=codes.simen.l50notifications&hl=en)

Using this apps I’ve found it to be a perfect companion smartwatch.

Thank you for the tip, and I shall try this solution!

Is the BT connection between the two devices or the functionalities better than using the “official” application “Watch Helper”, given to be able to do that too?

Edit: I don’t use them, but I have just read that the last updates of “M2D Sender” & “M2D Receiver” are now working with BT, and not only wifi as before.

Thanks for the input, the application works properly, better than the original. One of the things that bothered me the original application is the alarm that sounds when connection is lost with the phone you have to disable both the clock and the phone and then plug in again.
With the new application, if you lose connection does not sound alarm and when he returns to be near the phone will automatically connect.
The only flaw is that sometimes in single clock application notifications are disabled.

I have problems with it.
Sometimes the link is lost and then does not recover alone…

Hello,

i tried “M2D Sender” & “M2D Receiver” with BT, and it’s work well.
But i have a little problem : when i receive a notification, my x3+ ringing but the screen stay off. Someone know why ?

Of course, i can press the button to see the notification but i prefer an automatic wake up of the screen (more user-friendly).
I don’t find a setting for wake up the screen when i receive a notification.

Wow,it did ring but stay off?if you don’t use the companion app,will this issue happen?I mean just connect it to your phone via BT.

Sorry smith, but i don’t understand your point ! Without companion app, i can’t forward notifications from my phone to the watch ! I am wrong ?

i tryed to uninstall all M2D app and install “watch helper” and it’s the same issue.

Nothing settings could solve this issue?Always on display?

From my side, no, i have not found anything to solve this issue.

sorry.I can’t help you.But I found the new receiver,you can search +Paco Salazar on google+.(on our community)

I saw, thanks, i follow this thread too.

I found a solution, with “Screen Notifications” application, the screen turn on when i get a notification.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lukekorth.screennotifications

Finally

Hello! Can you answer a call via watch?I mean companion mode with M2D.

In companion mode, no, for now, it’s not possible.

Alright I must be misunderstood,I saw a post about answering a call from a companion watch.

For which watch ?

With my X3+ it’s not possible and i think it’s not possible too with all D5, X series, Plus series.

But if you found a link post, share it.

the same as my d6. I’m looking forward to.

Call forwarding widget on phone did the trick for me. Got other prepaid sim in watch.

Hi, I need help. I have a new Finow Q3, and i am having problems with BT. I can´t recieve notifications in my wacth with the original app. I proved “m2Dxx.app” and “notysinc.app” but i don´t recieve nothing. I can send files since “ES File Explorer.app” to my watch. This issue i am having since i did a factory reset of the watch. Somebody can help me? Sorry for my english, i am from Costa Rica and i wrote a few. Thanks.