CAVENDISH - HR - Universal Launcher

@mehul1 I took no offence mate…but I wanted to make the point that I think other people should stop trying to convince me to use an app that I have tried & disguarded. It’s as simple as that, I don’t try to force Stock launcher on anyone…I don’t tell them they are missing out by not using Stock Launcher or tell them that my opinion is superior to theirs in the matter of choice. I just want people to accord me the same courtesy I afford them…the right to use what they want without anyone telling me, repeatedly, that it is an unwise decision. Lets hope this is an end to the whole matter…so we can all use our time in more personally profitable pursuits. Cheers, Doons

1 Like

6MB compressed version.

…because without it, you can’t view my awesome watch faces.

Did you build that model airplane in your avatar? My avatar is a helicopter I built.

Yes, what a happy coincidence . I saw your avatar just now, ( carefully ) you are a chopper flier !!! I build several models of plane , in 1997 I tried to fly my friends chopper but it was quite difficult for me and I almost crashed it, so after that I fly chopper on simulator. I don’t know weather I can post my model planes pictures on this forum or not . You can also send your models picture on my email id.( mehul.doshi90@gmail.com ) Well it was great to find an AeroModeller here. You know how we love our hobby and thousands of things to say and thousands of thing to ask. I am crazy about all aircrafts, I build my first model plane and flew it in 1979 it was line control. Sorry , I was carried away on this topic , others will get bored and this forum is also about watch !!! You can get in touch with me through email.
Thanks @Louis_Peek
Warm regards

2 Likes

@Louis_Peek Louis You are entirely missing my point mate. It’s all about my freedom to choose what I want without having to keep explaining my reasons for not choosing what other people believe is best for me. But am no longer willing to enter in ANY conversation on the subject…because it is going to end in arguments on who is right and who is wrong…and I joined this forum to learn what I could…help out where I could and interact with other members. So you may write what you think about UL and why you think I am wrong to not want to use it (And thats the wonderful thing about freedom of speech) but I am through explaining or defending my right to not want anything to do with it. As I have said before, you do design some great watch faces and if they are for stock launcher, then I’ll use them…and if they are not…well I’ll just have to learn to live with the disappointment. And folks, before this does develop into an argument…be advised that this is the last thing I’ll write on the subject of Universal Launcher.Cheers Doons

1 Like

Hi mehul1 Another model enthusiast here mate! :small_airplane: I have been building and flying remote control aircraft for well over 45 years. From control line to remote control. Wonderful hobby & sport…and so relaxing. We must have an e-mail chat when I get a bit more time (I am currently working shift work on as a Sugar Cane Locomotive Driver, so my hours are all over the place for the next few weeks) Be interesting to exchange experiences. But as you said, this s a watch forum, so I’ll catch you later on the models! :smiley: Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

Thats great @Doonsbury , Well you have my email id so you can contact me.
Cheers

2 Likes

I always thought your avatar was a bee or something :laughing: but I can see now that it is in fact a helicopter

3 Likes

Heh heh. Here’s one for you!..

1 Like

So I hope this works for your stock launcher. The helicopter might spin in the wrong direction though!

2 Likes

I agree with Doon’s. Can’t stand UL and may not be bug free (Nasty bugs I mean). Personal choice. But as another poster said. Stock Launcher with a apk with UL clockface engine would be great (and make things truely universal :slight_smile: ) just like bluetooth callling apk for 7.7.1. Would be great if Eric could make such an apk for stock Launchers because die hard UL users will still use his Full Launcher. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already did an APK for a live Wallpaper. I can’t do much more.

3 Likes

Really you can’t make apk for your clockskin engine for stock Launchers ? I have a programmer mate that is working on blue tooth calling for 7.1

1 Like

I do not understand the context.
:thinking:

1 Like

It’s probably not as easy as that. the clockskin engine will have to be in the same apk as the stock launcher, unless some other changes are made in the stock launcher so that it can depend on another app

Live wallpaper are apk… and the best way to have interaction between a launcher and a skin. It is used already when you see animated skins on your stock launcher.
So now, please calm down. This is not a place to discuss about that.

3 Likes

@R_Sauvalle @Doonsbury @Louis_Peek @mehul1
Hmm, pretty much over topic… I cleaned that up. This is a community about smartwatches. If you want to talk about other topics, of course you can do it by PM … :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry, I was carried away, it want be done in future. @G1NT0N1C

2 Likes

Looks similar to one of the original faces on the genesis. I like it.
MyScreen_2020-12-06-19-43-51