Can't get a GPS fix

I can’t get (never could) a GPS fix in my Kospet Hope. GPS function is active in High accuracy mode. I use GPS Test and I get around 15 to 18 satellites but never succed to get a fix… any help?

Hi . What is the longest you have waited outside ? I have had this happen numerous times with numerous watches . I even have resorted to leaving outside for 3-4 hours until it gets its very first GPS fix . You will be glad to know after getting first fix things get better . Let me know
Thanks

Keep your Location setting on at all times. I don’t even use high accuracy mode. i just use “Device only” so only GPS. And after you get your first few lock-ons which may take a few minutes. So long s you keep Location on. It’ll lock on quicker.

For me, If i have to turn it off, and turn it on, i need to be outside for about a minute or so before it’ll lock on. But later on. it’ll lock on in maybe, 15-20 seconds. Sometimes i can even get lock-ons while indoors. o_o

The key point, is to be patient and be stationary outdoors while waiting for it to get it’s first lock-on. After that just keep Location on, and go about your day. It doesn’t use that much battery to leave on.

There’s discussion of a GPS config file that can be swapped, but it requires rooting the watch. And it’ll help you lock on much faster. But again, that requires rooting your watch.

2 Likes

And there was me thinking you dont like my " keep the gps on forever " solution :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions but more or less all of them I have already followed.

Location is on all the time, I go outside for a 1 hour walk in a field without buildings surrounding, it detects between 18 to 21 satellites, according to GPS Test and GPS status, but never get a fix. I remember one day I put it in the car and drive for a couple of hours and in the end still no fix.

Last try before other measures will be let it at the balcony for several hours, wait and see…

Thanks again all of you for your suggestions. I’ll let you know further results

1 Like

Does it still get no fix, even when used with wifi? Like use it somewhere with wifi first so it knows your starting location. I’m wondering if there’s something else wrong.

Like if paired with wifi, or agps (cellular assisted gps) is on, i can get a lockon pretty quick, because the watch is cheating and using those sources to give it a general starting location.

@ADroid65 What firmware are you on? Stock? The latest OTA? The one from the kospet forums? You can check in your settings, about page at the bottom under “build number”

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu The always on fix isn’t ideal for everyone. But for me it’s working. For a while, it didn’t work but this last week it started to work. My friend can’t use it on hers, as it just goes ham on her battery. But it just sips from my battery.

2 Likes

I do the same; When GPS not locking in seconds I try turning off GPS then on and selecting “device only” option. This is on my thor pro 3g

1 Like

@lazybunnykiera It’s the latest OTA (I think) Hope_B_20190320. Do not have it rooted so can’t use other fw.

I think I have already tried GPS On High Accuracy mode (GPS + WiFi + Mobile Network) without success. Tomorrow I gonna check all that and will follow @Dr_Andy_Vishnu implicit suggestion to leave it outside for several hours and we will see

1 Like

Do a reset on it, Then it will work, I leave GPS on all the time, I use Strava for my bike rides it works great, But you need to reset watch after every update. Also when things aren’t working

2 Likes

It works! I got a fix! :smiley:

This morning I had to drive for a few hours, let GPS Status running and… forget. When I arrived I checked I got a 3D Fix! Switch off, switch on again, and in a few seconds I got a 3D Fix again!

Problem solved! Thank you very much all of you for your help!

2 Likes

Hurrah :+1::+1::point_up::point_up:. At last

2 Likes