Bluetooth calling solution.! Kospet hope hack

If we can develop or find the app that turns Android Smartwatch into the headset receiver just like a Bluetooth headphones we will be able to answer the phone calls right on the smartwatch. We still would have to use their smartphone to dial a number in order to make a phone call but hey it’s better than nothing also somebody can create a app for Bluetooth texting would be amazing meanwhile I’m using Facebook Messenger with a data share via Bluetooth works pretty good.
Also I discovered very handy hack for screen magnification!

So to start it up use your “ok google” or just push Google voice search and say " open accessibility settings" ones in the menu go to magnification settings and activate it once that is done you’ll be able zoom on anything by tapping three times on your screen, very handy when it comes to tiny little buttons when you can’t reach them with your finger.

3 Likes

POSSIBLY FOUND AN APP TO DO EVERYTHING YOU NEED INCLUDING BLUETOOTH CALLING. UNFORTUNATELY CANT GET IT TO CONNECT ON MY KOSPET AND S9 PLUS
FOR THE PHONE
apkpure.com/onetouch-connect-phone/com.tct.smartlink.phone

FOR TABKET/SMARTWATCH
m.apkpure.com/onetouch-connect-tablet/com.tct.smartlink.tablet

it looks interesting, but on allcallw2 I can not make a connection via bluetooth …

Well, it’s not possible to create an app to send audio via bluetooth, at least not without a lot of delay. The bluetooth stack needs to be modified in order to allow the device (in this case the watch) to act as an HSP (hands-free profile) receiver.

The bluetooth stack is quite complex, and that’s why nobody has managed to enable this functionality yet. On Android 5.1 devices it was possible because the bluetooth stack was much older and known to developers.

1 Like

Can someone please download and install the apps I provided in the above messages and let me know if it worked out for them?
What we trying to do here is use some kind of forwarding application created for smartphone to tablet. So according to software description you can answer and make phone calls from your connected device like tablet via Bluetooth. And it includes message, notifications, and list goes on.

Feb 28, 2019 16:19:43 GMT vahomat said:
Can someone please download and install the apps I provided in the above messages and let me know if it worked out for them? What we trying to do here is use some kind of forwarding application created for smartphone to tablet. So according to software description you can answer and make phone calls from your connected device like tablet via Bluetooth. And it includes message, notifications, and list goes on.

When I went and reviewed the apps you referenced I discovered a potential problem. Here is the description for the Tablet App:

The description of Onetouch Connect Tablet

By connecting your Alcatel tablet to your phone, you will be able to call, access contacts and send messages from your phone. Follow the several steps as below to finish the Onetouch Connect connection.

1. Install the Onetouch Connect app on your phone first, then open this app.

2. Open the Onetouch Connect on your tablet and touch SETUP, then touch SEARCH to search your phone to pair.

3. Connected successfully, now you can call, access contacts and send messages from your tablet.

4. Also you can share the web from your phone by touch Tethering icon.

It specifically refers to the Alcatel Tablet and not just “A or any” tablet. This tablet is sold by T-Mobile. I have an AT&T tablet that has a feature called NumberSync. When activated it allows my tablet to be a duplicate phone with the same number as my Samsung G7. I can make and receive calls and texts independently. But this feature is not just an app it has to be built into the phone’s firmware, which would lead me to believe it is already in the Alcatel tablets and just has to be activated via the app.
It will be interesting to see if this would work with substituting a generic smartwatch for the Alcatel tablet.

Feb 28, 2019 16:19:43 GMT vahomat said:
Can someone please download and install the apps I provided in the above messages and let me know if it worked out for them? What we trying to do here is use some kind of forwarding application created for smartphone to tablet. So according to software description you can answer and make phone calls from your connected device like tablet via Bluetooth. And it includes message, notifications, and list goes on.

I installed the apps on watch and phone. The “Onetouch Connect” is established and on the watch I see all my phone contacts and can initiate a phone call, but unfortunately the call is not established. Likewise an incoming call on the phone isn’t forwarded to the watch. It’s a pity that it doesn’t work.

EDIT: I disassembled the tablet app and it appears it requires some additional middleware “com.tcl.smartlink.service.smartlinkservice” which is as capt jon suspected built in the alcatel android firmware

1 Like

What we are looking for on our Android 7.1.1 watches is support for the Hands Free Profile (HFP). So on my Kospet Hope I did a ‘grep -ir hfp /system’ and found the string in a couple of Wear OS apps which can be found in /system/app, for example /system/app/WearBluetooth_6739/WearBluetooth_6739.apk
I tried to manually run this apk but get a file format not supported error. Makes sense, it apparently is a Wear OS app and doesn’t run on vanilla Android.

I disassembled the apk and found proof that HFP is supported: “profile_supported_hs_hfp”, " profile_supported_hfpclient", “%%hfp_client_connection_service_enabled”. I think it is feasible to implement HFP support. My Android 8 car radio can do it, so why shouldn’t it work on our A7 watches.

PS: forgot to mention I have full source code of a MT6739 based phone and will take a look what bluetooth offers there.

Mar 3, 2019 22:36:33 GMT jockyw2001 said:
What we are looking for on our Android 7.1.1 watches is support for the Hands Free Profile (HFP). So on my Kospet Hope I did a 'grep -ir hfp /system' and found the string in a couple of Wear OS apps which can be found in /system/app, for example /system/app/WearBluetooth_6739/WearBluetooth_6739.apk I tried to manually run this apk but get a file format not supported error. Makes sense, it apparently is a Wear OS app and doesn't run on vanilla Android.

I disassembled the apk and found proof that HFP is supported: “profile_supported_hs_hfp”, " profile_supported_hfpclient", “%%hfp_client_connection_service_enabled”. I think it is feasible to implement HFP support. My Android 8 car radio can do it, so why shouldn’t it work on our A7 watches.

PS: forgot to mention I have full source code of a MT6739 based phone and will take a look what bluetooth offers there.

nice,good luck and what about to SMS 

Mar 4, 2019 2:05:19 GMT leafar said:
nice,good luck and what about to SMS 

SMS requires the Message Access Profile (MAP)

Any updates ?
Please share…

Thanks

I took a look at the code of Wear bluetooth just a minute ago. I see these values in bools.xml:

<bool name="profile_supported_a2dp">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_a2dp_sink">false</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_hdp">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_hs_hfp">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_hfpclient">false</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_hid">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_opp">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_pan">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_pbap">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_gatt">true</bool>
<bool name="pbap_include_photos_in_vcard">false</bool>
<bool name="pbap_use_profile_for_owner_vcard">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_map">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_avrcp_controller">false</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_sap">false</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_pbapclient">false</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_dun">true</bool>
<bool name="profile_supported_bip">true</bool>
<bool name="strict_location_check">false</bool>
<bool name="headset_client_initial_audio_route_allowed">true</bool>
<bool name="hfp_client_connection_service_enabled">false</bool>

What if I recompile with profile_supported_hfpclient true and hfp_client_connection_service_enabled true? Is the apk signed? Else we have a little problem because of this in the manifest:
android:sharedUserId=“android.uid.bluetooth”

I also see a global settings called bluetooth_disabled_profiles (long bitmask)
Settings this correct might also enable hfp service and client.

Maybe I try this weekend.

3 Likes

Testing with BT calling in progress :slight_smile:

It is kind of working but no audio. Test for yourself. I have set all the profiles in the bools.xml to true for a start just to see if there is any success. And there is some hope!

Download the apk here: https://sites.google.com/site/tweakradje/android/kospet-hope-lite/WearBluetooth_6739.apk

Need root to install from PC:

adb push WearBluetooth_6739.apk /sdcard/
adb shell
su
cd /system/app/WearBluetooth_6739
stop
mount -o rw,remount /system
cp -p WearBluetooth_6739.apk WearBluetooth_6739.apk.ORG
cp /sdcard/WearBluetooth_6739.apk .
mv oat oat.ORG
sync
reboot

Switch on BT on your watch and phone. Pair. Press settings for the connection on both devices. You will now see a Telephone Audio!!!

Goto Dialer on your watch and call a number. If you call your mobile number your watch will show the incoming call. But still no audio.

Will be continued…

8 Likes

Cool … Getting closer !!
Thanks for the awesome effort :+1::point_right::blush:

Regards

1 Like

Can this be installed without pc …
I do have root.

Ya that is cuz the audio is not routed to the watch speakers,need to route the audio to the speakers which i dont think is possible by editing a single app

Not much time to investigate further. Think it is only a small thing. I added a logcat from a dialing moment to this post.
Maybe some expert can see what is wrong? Let us know how to fix.
logcat here: https://sites.google.com/site/tweakradje/android/kospet-hope-lite/_logcat_bt_call_no_audio.txt

One thing in the log that stands out is this line:
Telecom : BluetoothPhoneService: isHfpConnected :false:

rem: I can hear dialpad DTFM tones on the calling phone, but no audio from mic and speaker

2 Likes

Hi.
I have cospet prime.
It’s unbearable to have a good hardware, and have no ability to use it as you want!
Hope you can solve this problems, voice calls, also want to send voice WhatsApp messages, as a companion.
Good luck!

1 Like

why not using a SIM card? This is what this device is designed for. Bluetooth calling will not work on android 7, sorry. But there are many good apps, such as watchdroid or tablet messager, that improve the interaction with your mobile. At least if you don’t have an iPhone …

3 Likes

I have a kospet Optimus pro actualy and before a kw99(sold since i have a kospet) and now i have ordered a New kw99 only for the bluetooth calling.
I like the Optimus for his battery and AOD and style but i’ve started with the Samsung Gear and After Gear 2 and tizen is the best for watch companion.
But the compatibility and the price mostly are horrible.
When i have ordered the Optimus i wasn’t informed Android 7 the bluetooth calling were disable

1 Like