Any fitness app that can 'read' optimus pro hrm?

I just got my Optimus Pro: very nice product but I specifically bought it to track my running and just found out that the HRM (nearly) never works.
Apart from the HeartRateMonitor app of the watch itself, no other android app seems to find the HRM signal.
Did anyone have any success with measuring Heart Rate continuously while running?

I have the same issue, I think people use heart on top or something and sync that to Google (if u want)
I was trying to get someone to port the Google fit ess app from wearOS over but doesn’t seem anyone can do it :frowning:

Yes, Heart-on-Top does work but I want an app that can track both gps and hrm while I run.
Also I struggle to understand the concept of ‘syncing to Google Fit’: I always found Google Fit fairly useless to be honest.
I tried Strava and I tried rungps: they both find gps and Strava also finds a step sensor, but they do not find the hrm… Nor does endomondo (which I also tried).
I am going to try more but I was hoping somebody had already succeeded… I mean, fitness should be one of the selling points of these device and HRM should be the most important sensor.
What’s the point of having an HRM that is not compatible with any app?

As i keen runner and i have tried every app you will be disappointed . The best you will get is patchy gps and apps you will struggle to see in either mode " square or round " . I have tried them all vs a iphone and the nearest i got to accurate is 0.25 wrong over 6.5 mile .

Ok: looks like I bought a useless, although admittedly nicely showing off, piece of kit.
Btw, I tried to install Runtastic and does not even run on the device (or is it me doing something wrong?): I will continue trying but I have now lost my hopes (after what you wrote)

Personally its a great looking watch that does a lot but users do expect a lot more than they get when it comes to fitness . Try " runmeter " in square mode . Depending on the app you may have to ensure it keeps running in the background ( and keep screen always on ) . I can do a 10k run , screen always on and only use around 30% of battery

My HRM work properly after install latest firmware updates

Agreed, HRM does work but it is mostly NOT recognised by fitness apps.
This post is about asking what app ‘senses’ the watch internal HRM signal.
At the moment, I only found HeartOnTop but I still have to try the ‘runmeter’ suggestion from Tim.
Did you manage to sense HRM with any other app?

HRM does not work with the app i recommended but its the best ( near accurate ) app i have used for running

1 Like

… and in fact, I just tried it and confirm it has no HRM.
Also I tried quite a few other and none seems to find HRM.
If it wasn’t for HeartOnTop, I could have thought HRM sensor is not visible from Android… It obviously is but why no fitness app finds it? They all look for a bluetooth device and none seems to think that a signal may exist from internal sensor.
Actually Strava finds an internal sensor to count steps, but no HRM.

Gliderun has hrm support like heart on top.
It tracks GPS and talks to you. Exports to fitnessyncer and Google fit. See graph during workout of your heartrate which also transfers to Google fit

1 Like

Thank-you very much: Gliderun does the trick.
I now need to familiarize with the app.
I think I will download it on the smartphone to learn all tricks before miniaturizing operations on the smartwatch screen (why do they all put commands at the corners of the screen which get impossible to click on a smartwatch?).
Anyway thanks again

Does somebody knows how to bring these “Gliderun” datas to “relieve”?
thanks

Ok, I tried Gliderun and abandoned it straight away.
I ended up using my usual app, Rungps, together with my usual HRM connected by Bluetooth to the Smartwatch.
My comments:

• GPS seems to be very good. No difference at all with the distance recorded using the same app (Rungps) on a Samsung Galaxy
  • the ‘cadence’ sensor (that the app senses from the Smartwatch) is hopeless. It measures like 450 steps per minute: can’t be real otherwise I could probably walk on water :wink: I suspect that some app uses the cadence to guess distance when GPS is lost: if/when this happens, I wouldn’t be surprised that the app makes a big error on distance
  • the battery lost 25% during an hour training fully geared (it means music playing on Bluetooth earphone, Bluetooth connected HRM, Rungps running to measure pace and distance by GPS and screen on all the time albeit faded)

Overall I am very satisfied: if the Rungps app could evolve to read hrm from the watch, then it would really be perfect

1 Like

Thanks for the info . Especially the gps accuracy vs samsung . I have yet to have a watch that gps as accurate as iphone ( altough i dont have one now ) . Thanks

Ps - can you confirm the exact app you are using

Everything can be accessed while switching screen modes on gliderun. It’s a litte buggy after competing workout but just relaunch and sync afterwards.

Gliderun does not work with steps. Besides that, it’s quite amazing.

What is relieve? You can start a new tracking session and use older sessions to follow. Gliderun will show the older route as well as the new one. For map view on the watch just swipe left on the bottom half and double tap and drag finger up or down to zoom in or out on the map. Just make sure you unlock the view mode first to move free across the map

Relieve is a android app which transforms the gps datas to a 3d map
Look at playstore
It is a great app

1 Like