Android Nougat 7.1.2 Custom ROM for No.1 D5

This is very much a work in progress,

Somehow I managed to port a version of LineageOS Nougat Android 7.1.2 onto my No.1 D5 MT6572 3.4.67 kernel. Everything seems to be working so far, one major issue is storage needs repartitioning as it is showing as nearly full without installing hardly anything. If anyone is interested in fixing it please feel free to message me for a link to the ROM.
Like I said this is NOT in anyway a finished ROM, so please don’t ask for link, then install it and expect it to work correctly.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B3_8qswX_NVUaGFJMUFNWTVRaTg/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit: Making progress, the storage issue has been resolved. Should have a ROM to share soon.

Got a version for the No.1 D5 LinegeOS 14.1 for anyone who wants to test.

My D5 sim tray has fell apart so cannot test if calls work or not.

Please back up, back up, back up! This is basically a full ported version of Lineage 14.1 for phones/tablets, so any extras like Eric’s launcher or Clockskins not included.

I have included GAPPS. Root can be enabled through Developer Option settings, onscreen Navbar is enabled (I usually enable expanded desktop in display settings to hide it).

Please remember this is for testing, anyone who wants to amend it, feel free to do so.

Edit:

Added another version install by TWRP - will need to add own GAPPS - after up and running please flash the Storage Fix file by SP Flashtool, I am not a developer/programmer so I don’t know how to fix it in the rom itself!

www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=219583

Sept 22, 2017 19:20:12 GMT 1 stevea76 said:
Got a version for the No.1 D5 LinegeOS 14.1 for anyone who wants to test.

My D5 sim tray has fell apart so cannot test if calls work or not.

Please back up, back up, back up! This is basically a full ported version of Lineage 14.1 for phones/tablets, so any extras like Eric’s launcher or Clockskins not included.

I have included GAPPS. Root can be enabled through Developer Option settings, onscreen Navbar is enabled (I usually enable expanded desktop in display settings to hide it).

Please remember this is for testing, anyone who wants to amend it, feel free to do so.

www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298988158

i might try it with my watch, have some questions:) 1. how if battery life?
  1. do apks work fine on the watch? what about watch faces?

Hum, What usually is a pain is the back button. Do you have some gesture for that ?
Also, i suppose none of the sensors are working ?
Interesting job anyway !!

[/quote]i might try it with my watch, have some questions:)

1. how if battery life?

2. do apks work fine on the watch? what about watch faces?[/quote]

Battery life - can’t really say yet as it has been plugged into my PC most of the day trying to sort out storage issue I had with it.

APK’s - Well I installed all the apps I use on a daily basis, only issue I had (not really the apps fault) was substratum, trying to load a theme errors on internal storage.

Watch Faces - not tried yet, I was hoping someone will try Eric’s Launcher to see if it works OK.

Sept 22, 2017 21:58:55 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Hum, What usually is a pain is the back button. Do you have some gesture for that ? Also, i suppose none of the sensors are working ? Interesting job anyway !!

Yeah, I know the back button on Corvus ROM was remapped to the power button, however I tend to use the onscreen navigation button’s with expanded desktop, quick swipe up or down brings them up on screen.

What sensors do you mean Eric?

Sept 22, 2017 22:26:23 GMT 1 stevea76 said:
Sept 22, 2017 21:58:55 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Hum, What usually is a pain is the back button. Do you have some gesture for that ? Also, i suppose none of the sensors are working ? Interesting job anyway !!

Yeah, I know the back button on Corvus ROM was remapped to the power button, however I tend to use the onscreen navigation button’s with expanded desktop, quick swipe up or down brings them up on screen.

What sensors do you mean Eric?

thanks, doe the sensors of the watch work? HR, padometer....

URL for test ROM download amended

www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120764774

As for sensors working, I have no idea at the moment. I will, if I get time make a version with the pedometer and heartrate apk installed to test, but please feel free to download and amend it as you wish.

Will give mine a few days to settle in and then test battery life. Out of interest I left it on overnight on standby with WiFi connected, 7 hours later down to 60%, but that is without any ‘doze’ apps or amendments (I will personally remove Gapps and use microG instead, also apps like ForceDoze etc).

Hi stevea76

Do you think, this works on a Finow q7 watch?

Hans

Sept 23, 2017 18:57:14 GMT 1 hans65 said:
Hi stevea76

Hans

the D5 and the q7\s1 have the same hard ware mtk6572, dual cores, 512mb ram and 4gb storage but different os and different models, but the rom for the blitz was tested on different watches and everything is good, the problem is i can’t root my watch so i can’t test this rom:/ 

Sept 23, 2017 19:49:11 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 23, 2017 18:57:14 GMT 1 hans65 said:
Hi stevea76

Hans

the D5 and the q7\s1 have the same hard ware mtk6572, dual cores, 512mb ram and 4gb storage but different os and different models, but the rom for the blitz was tested on different watches and everything is good, the problem is i can’t root my watch so i can’t test this rom:/

No need for root, installation is via spflashtool.

If the MTK is the same and kernel is the same then could possibly work, but I don’t want you to mess up your watch.

Only if you are comfortable flashing ROMs then worth a try.

If not working/bootlooping try copying the system, boot, recovery, userdata, EBR1 & MBR files from this ROM to your spflashtool ROM file.

unfortunately the kernel is not the same, the Q7 has 3.10.72

Sophie, according to the Zeblaze page the blitz has a MTK6580 processor, is this not a problem?

Sept 24, 2017 9:29:14 GMT 1 hans65 said:
unfortunately the kernel is not the same, the Q7 has 3.10.72

Sophie, according to the Zeblaze page the blitz has a MTK6580 processor, is this not a problem?

i forgot all about that , i’ll see if others who flashed the rom are mtk6580 or also mtk6572. thanks,  i will try both roms just to see how the watch react.

mtk 6580

Sept 24, 2017 19:09:20 GMT 1 toze1 said:
mtk 6580

which custom rom are you with? plz give details about how the watch with it: battery, apps, sensors, thanks:)

On my case uboot bin is corrupted, tried two Times to download… Is this normal ?

FINOW x5 air

original, I just wanted to say that the others are 6580

Sept 25, 2017 7:06:10 GMT 1 ricktop said:
On my case uboot bin is corrupted, tried two Times to download... Is this normal ?

I will take a look at it tomorrow, made the ROM from a readback of my watch using splashtool.

So let me see if i get this straight: This is only for D5 and “equal” devices, not D5+ or X3 plus, right?

Sept 25, 2017 12:28:43 GMT 1 indiglo said:
So let me see if i get this straight: This is only for D5 and “equal” devices, not D5+ or X3 plus, right?

Only for D5 or D5 clones.