About the community

I’ve only been used to regular digital watches. So when my sonata died I bought a Fastrack reflex and later this KC 05. I never knew anything about smartwatches. So only thought there can be no offering other than stock watches. later when glancing through the file manager found a folder called clock skin. Google it and found some stuff relatable on xda and other places and eventually here, So How did it all start and how come an android watch cum skin community grow and become a bustling place like this.

Well, it started with Lokifish Marz and @pablo11, and some other guys. For the rest, I’m sure @Doonsbury will be able to tell a good story, or maybe Pablo will share the real story

1 Like

I would also like to know the story…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“Maybe Pablo will tell the REAL story” Since when has any of my stories (Although I prefer to refer to them as “factual accounts”! :woozy_face: ) not been “Real”?!! Hmmmmmm? But I suppose I had better chronicle the beginning of the Forum before some of those meddlesome Moderators come up with some fantastic, completely non factual, fairy tale :mage:of their own. Anyway, one day @pablo11 and I were sitting in the bar of the Ettamogah pub, knocking back a few cold ones :beers: (I was paying of course!) And I said to him “Pablo, isn’t it about time you stopped being a Wino and made something of yourself…you wannna end up like these guys?” I pointed to a number of guys, passed out at strategic places around the bar…there was @Louis_Peek, @Dr_Andy_Vishnu, @G1NT0N1C @mehul1 … as a matter of fact most of the present members of the Forum were there…indeed I believe I even noticed yourself noidremained sinking happily to the floor with an empty beer mug still clutched firmly in your mit! Pablo looked at the unconscious pub patrons and shuddered at the thought of spending the rest of his days getting intimately acquainted with the floor of the public bar. Son, it would have broke you heart to hear him wail “Oh but Doons, what can I do”? Luckily I had the idea for a Smart Watch Forum in mind for a good many months, and I had worked out all the details for the Forum as you see it today…and I told Pablo all about it and told him to give me a week or two to refine some of the details and then we could jointly open the DOONSBURY & pablo Full Android Watches Forum. As most of you know, I have a positive liking for keeping things short & to the point (:woozy_face::rofl:)…so I won’t go into details…some still quite painful :cry:…but suffice to say that, as I had not registered my ideas as my intellectual property…well, seeing that Pablo is the sole "Leader: of the Forum, I think you can work out the rest for yourself…But I bear no ill will to those who have taken my ideas and fashioned a million dollar Forum from them. Being the retiring type of fellow that I am, I am more than content to sit quietly in the background…asking nothing more that the opportunity to help those less gifted than myself in the field of Smart watches…Of course, this story, being 100% Truthful & factual in every detail will bear absolutely NO resemblance to Pablo’s (And his Moderator Mercenaries :smiling_imp:) “Real” (?!!:woozy_face:) account of how the Forum came into being…and I expect that I will be roundly attacked for trying to claim the Forum as my own invention…but these shoulders, thought a little old, are still broad and I can carry the burden of knowing that I am right without too much difficulty. Cheers, Leade,…er…Doons :rofl::woozy_face::crazy_face::rofl:

6 Likes

In fact all @Doonsbury said is true. I even think i was there in a secondary state of mind with my beer nearly empty, but my remembering of this day (or night?) is blury… :rofl:

5 Likes

… and I attach great importance to the fact that it was not beer of course, which I drank that evening. Unfortunately, I no longer remember any details. But I have this annoying nickname since that time…

5 Likes

Personally i think " mental health issues " are becoming more obvious on the forum :wink:

3 Likes

It was opium pipe :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

3 Likes

All I can remember was waking up naked and with a daffodil poking out of some where it should not have been…

Must have been a good night :+1:

5 Likes

With the noted exception of @Dr_Andy_Vishnu (Henceforth to be known as “The Psychiatrist” :crazy_face::laughing:) all of you guys have been refreshingly honest, and in the case of @pablo11 almost alarmingly candid! Indeed your reminisces have served to jog my memory of that fateful evening. I certainly recall how, the minute I said it was my shout @G1NT0N1C immediately changed his drink from Lemonade to Gin & Tonic and @mehul1 refused to partake of any alcohol, but was happy to puff away on that sweet scented pipe that he is always carrying with him. And I could have kicked myself for forgetting that…amid a rousing chorus of drunken songs I remember telling @Eric_Crochemore that if he had much more to drink he would be ready for a “Universal launching” (Does that name sound familiar? Oh Lord, the gifts I have given My…er…this Forum!:grin:) Of course, Tim’s neat side stepping of the question of his participation that night is a classic symptom of a closet drinker…But we are a tightly knit “Band of Brothers” (As it were :woozy_face::grin:) here on the Forum and Tim’s secret drinking will never be revealed by one of us! :rofl: Cheers, Doons
But to be perfectly serious for a moment…all the replies to my “Drunken spree” reminisces demonstrate exactly what this community is all about! The people on here are all extremely generous…weather it be with posting watch faces that we all can enjoy…or trying their best to help out anyone with a problem they are having…or simply enjoying sharing a laugh with each other…and to me, it is that generosity of spirit that is what this community is all about. Cheers, Doons

3 Likes

… and all this time, I thought Al Gore invented the first Smart Watch forum.

2 Likes

Never underestimate drunk people!

1 Like

BTW are you guys Aussies?

Upstate NY USA! :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

1 Like

Queensland, Australia!! :australia: :australia: :australia: But we are truly an non partisan group…anyone is welcome provided they are willing to buy a round of drinks :beers:…repeatedly! And in defense of my fellow drunken layabouts…we were NOT drunk…but Mate…it wasn’t through a lack of trying! :beer::woozy_face::crazy_face::rofl: Cheers, Doons

1 Like

:rofl: Good one Louis! Man I would love to see some of the faces Al could churn out…and some of the smart watch faces too! :crazy_face::grin: Cheers, Doons

1 Like

so much mates here. That’s why I asked.

1 Like

I live in the blue mountains just about 90 minutes from Sydney :+1::+1:

But from South London originally :grin:

3 Likes

Ah Leader man :policeman::…I lived in Blacktown for 30 odd years before I moved up to where the Banana benders hang out :banana:. Way back when I was a wee bit of a lad, I used to spend many a weekend bush walking in the Blue Mountains :walking_man:…notably the Blue Gum Forest (Hell, I probably camped in your backyard plenty of times! :grin:) I will be visiting relatives in Cessnock and Sydney in November…so just be ready for that knock on your door and that cheerful (And well loved! :crazy_face:) voice, saying “Pablo, you lucky bugger, it’s Doons and I figure on staying for quite a few weeks!” Like they say Son, you can run, but you surely can’t hide! Cheers, Doons

Wow, I can hear the other members a whispering “Oh how lucky is Pablo!” :woozy_face::rofl:

1 Like

So some are not very young people. How come smart watches amuse 30 plus yo children? :thinking: This is incredible that something of this scale done by beer chugging 30 year olds while in a bar.